Does Zendaya have the most Demand out of the Disney Ex-Acts?

BOOMBAYAH

After the afternoon she got at Coachella…it seems like she may be the biggest Disney ex-act (I know she’s still an actress but it’s umbrella term for ex Disney girl).

500K views in two days (this video just being a random fancam and not an official release by Coachella or Zendaya mind you)

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJmVnN9A/
12.9M views in two days

340K likes in two days 

yeah she'd be huge

Zendaya for me is like Mandy Moore, they started focus on singing and became actresses because they were more successful at it.  She can eventually put music out, but it would take too much of her time if she wanted to have a big musical career, I don't think she would exchange her acting gig to be a popstar. 

She should try and become a singer because she's a flat and kind of bad actress

Most of her acting career is smoke and mirrors/PR and she's only relevant due to looks

TBF her career/demand is kind of a testament to how much looks matter more than anything in the world in terms of getting far

Edited by Saintlor

Demand about music? idts, All for Us didn't even chart on the Hot 100 and this performance also didn't made a big impact on Spotify

But she's very loved by Gen Z and millennials and if she prove that she can carry a movie on her own the sky is the limit on her acting career

Edited by lauren198

she is the biggest ex Disney Movie star ever that’s for sure. Olivia Rodrigo and Miley are obvi still the biggest Disney pop stars since Britney tho.

zendaya bigger because she covers more areas in pop culture and critical acclaim, but Music is a different thing. Even Demi is bigger musically 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

19 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Most of her acting career is smoke and mirrors/PR and she's only relevant due to looks

TBF her career/demand is kind of a testament to how much looks matter more than anything in the world in terms of getting far

LMAO lie again

They should give her a solo song for the next season soundtrack tho

Other Disney Ex-acts such as Vanessa Hudgens (50M IG Followers) and Jenna Ortega (41M IG Followers) became movie/tv actresses along with Zendaya instead of pop stars.

Vanessa Hudgens could've been the Millennial pop star version of Olivia Rodrigo during and after Disney's HSM era.

Edited by iconiclegend

People are excited to see her because she is more of an actress than a pop singer. Her surprise performance in a huge festival gagged everyone

As an actress yes, as an overall celebrity.. not by a long shot :skull: 

Yall want her to become a music act again?
Pls dont set her up again..

She’s so overhyped as Tom Holland is, her album bombed and now people want her to be EGOT and the next Beyoncé.

She lucky that she has Euphoria to back her up.

The most demand right now u mean as overall hype with GP? its Olivia in music but as overall hype, with all honesty… its Selena. So not really.

Those positive viral tweets and tiktoks OP’s posted of Zendaya, Selena’s had countless the past months. Its not even cuz im a stan cuz this wouldnt be my answer in some periods of time like between rare album and ice cream in 2020, for example, that wouldnt be the case. Its just cuz it’s the truth as of right now. Miley would be my answer 3 months ago so its not cuz im a Selena stan. 

But Zendaya is incredibly huge as a fashion icon, and her acting career has been the biggest of  them all

acting usually dont get u as much on spotlight as music does so her celebrity status is SO impressive. Her career constantly surprise me in many different ways, she’s a it girl. 

Edited by Selegend

Her music career was DOA when Chris Brown was on her second single

6c5GpjO.gif

no. she’s a non factor outside the twitter realms. you hear about her since she is famous in the internet but in real life most people don’t really know her works. 

She's well on her way to Jlaw status, if she's not already there.

She's definitely poised to be bigger once she appears in more acclaimed films. 

10 hours ago, Saintlor said:

She can't sing.

no... let's be real, had she stayed in music after Replay she would've been in the same level as the likes of Kehlani, Tinashe, etc minus the talent (in music), she was smart for tapping back into acting

though i can't even name one movie/series she's in beside Euphoria (which i didn't even remember shes in it if it wasn't mentioned in this thread)

Edited by Kiss It Better

Maybe she can have one or two big singles but she hasn't got the strong base in the music.

10 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

no... let's be real, had she stayed in music after Replay she would've been in the same level as the likes of Kehlani, Tinashe, etc minus the talent (in music), she was smart for tapping back into acting

though i can't even name one movie/series she's in beside Euphoria (which i didn't even remember shes in it if it wasn't mentioned in this thread)

her music career is giving Cassie 

People lying on Zendaya because the Chris Brown single was climbing on pop radio fast. The music video didn’t even drop yet but she teased it on Ellen with a TLC cameo  (since the song sampled them). There was a lot of buzz starting to build for that pop-r&b type of career. Also, it was coming at the top of Natalie La Rose - Somebody smashing pop radio so they were thirsty for another song in that format. 

Once the huge drama with Kehlani & Chris Brown (and NBA player Kyrie Irving) happened, Zendaya and Chris fell out and Republic Records pulled the song from radio. 

So yeah, don’t claim she was going to be a flop because that was never the case. She could have had a cute lil music career. Republic was on fire back then and Charlie Walk (CEO at the time) was obsessed with trying to carve out a lane for Zendaya and spoke highly of her numerous times. They knew the Disney fans were a good base to start with. 

Also, producers like Pharrell were trying to hunt her down to collaborate (which Zendaya herself didn’t even know and she already had shifted into acting full time at that point). They discussed that in the interview below from 2020: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.