• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Black Berry

• Vermillion

• ClashAndBurn

• BeenTheShit

What did I wake up to?? I thought y’all was playin! Don and tucker on the same day? Wooooo

Is this really why he got let go?

Deserved :ahh: 

Every single Russiagate grifter needs to be canned after they’ve damaged our society by reigniting Red Scare paranoia. Fire them and blacklist them for their lies. Rachel Maddow next please! :sistrens:

13 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Yeah I don't buy it. Contributing factor, sure, but this is way overhyped. 

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

Deserved :ahh: 

Every single Russiagate grifter needs to be canned after they’ve damaged our society by reigniting Red Scare paranoia. Fire them and blacklist them for their lies. Rachel Maddow next please! :sistrens:

Rachel isn't going anywhere. Her contract was just renewed for ~$20-30M per year.

Her hyping of the amount of Trump's tax returns she had was years ago and nothing of the Steele dossier has been proven false. 

Just now, Espresso said:

Rachel isn't going anywhere. Her contract was just renewed for ~$20-30M per year.

Her hyping of the amount of Trump's tax returns she had was years ago and nothing of the Steele dossier has been proven false. 

I know it’s unlikely. Even though she’s only on once per week, she’s still driven so much paranoia and fear that she remains their highest-rated anchor, and there’s never been a reckoning over her irresponsible fearmongering reporting.

9 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Rachel Maddow? :gaycat4:

———-

I miss watching Brian Williams hosting The 11th Hour on MSNBC :chick2:

Never.  She only hosts for an hour Monday night and still gets paid more than everyone else. :dies:

9 hours ago, Espresso said:

NBCUNI prez is leaving today for a cheating/harassment scandal, so you technically already got your wish. 

Although if you're referring to an on-air personality, Joy Reid should've left two years ago for lying about fake homophobic blog posts and the FBI investigating.

I still can't believe what happened with all that.  I was a regular watcher of her weekend show until that scandal came to light.  I'll watch highlight clips of her now and then, or if she's included in MSNBC special coverage events, but I can't ever look at her the same anymore. :biblio:

4 hours ago, Armani? said:

This interview was probably the final straw.  He's been on thin ice for a while at the network.  First, not disclosing he advised Jussie Smollett behind the scenes while reporting on his hate crime scandal.  Then ever since his move the CNN This Morning he's been fueding with Kaitlin Collins off-screen and saying problematic things on air.  I'm honestly surprised he wasn't axed much sooner. :michael:

:ahh: 

Chris Licht sucks, but this is probably the best thing he’s done for the network period. Firing Brian Stelter comes at a close second, though. :rofl:

5 hours ago, Armani? said:

The “whatever ethnicity you are” comment was probably the last straw, rather than the overall content of the interview. That said, Licht also doesn’t want his journalists at the network to be combative with conservatives like Vivek, because it makes them look biased towards liberals which is a perception he’s been trying (and failing so far) to shed with his rebranding efforts.

5 hours ago, Armani? said:

Wait he was 100% correct here tho :huh:

15 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Wait he was 100% correct here tho :huh:

You're not the only one that feels that way :coffee2: 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, Sergi91 said:

Really? What happened? :bibliahh: I haven’t watched that network in more than a year. 

Rachel was tired of doing the show and wanted to end it, but instead MSNBC did a deal with her so she could do it just once a week (Mondays) and she's still making more than the others :deadbanana2: MSNBC didn't want to lose her, and they also have her signed on for all election coverage at the network.

Bad decision tbh. They're already out of touch as is, losing lemon who has a sizeable viewer base is a bad move and no, the roster of incoming black media drama baiters will not help this sinking ship in the future.

4 hours ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

Bad decision tbh. They're already out of touch as is, losing lemon who has a sizeable viewer base is a bad move and no, the roster of incoming black media drama baiters will not help this sinking ship in the future.

Yeah CNN is a dumpster fire as of late.  I swear I see new reporters/correspondents popping up every day now.  They fired so many well-established anchors/correspondents just to bring in a bunch of young newbies.

Plus, did you see the way they announced Laura Coates was going to anchor CNN Tonight at 11pm and then quietly reversed course and gave her slot to Alyson Camerota?

5 hours ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

Lemon? Sizeable viewer base? asaldjkhfaljksh, listen. His ratings were DISASTROUS after Trump left office. And his favorability was plummeting by the day with how toxic he was to his female cohosts when he was given a PANEL slot on a morning show (kiss of death in cable news when you're moved off of a solo night time slot). Guests were turning down appearances on the morning show because they did not want to be on set with Don Lemon given his reputation. CNN literally HAD to let him go as he was dragging down their failing brand even further. :dies: 

There is nothing BAD about this decision. He was singlehandedly creating the most toxic work environment in cable news as a result of his rabid misogyny.

Daddy Cuomo was pretty nice toward Don considering they aren't or at least weren't on the best of terms once Chris left CNN. I hope they get over their issues and work together again!

It's kinda crazy how Cuomo, Lemon, Carlson went from being the biggest stars on their networks to OUT so quickly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.