Update: Tucker Carlson founding new media venture, staff fired from Fox to join him

Vermillion

4 hours ago, Luckitty said:

he'll probably start a podcast or something 

He already has 1. And it's a flop. :ahh:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Brishka

• Bears01

• Chemist

7 hours ago, KillaCham. said:

And was telling me that celebrating someone fired from an industry that's "dying" anyway supposed to do something? I swear some of y'all use your foreheads to type instead of your fingers.

Fox ain't losing viewers, and even if... who says this dude won't just go join Shapiro or NewsMax and boost their veiwership... or start his own thing and make a bunch of money from those who are still loyal to him? This is the internet age. His reach is as wide as he needs it to be.

Cable news is objectively dying longer term. The jury's still out as to whether he'll succeed on his own streaming service at the same level as Fox. 

I give as my exhibits Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly to indicate that no, he won't. Don't mistake that for me thinking much of his audience won't transfer over to the streaming service he creates subsequently or joins as they very well could.

Tucker's currently beefing with the Daily Wire and Shapiro and NewsMax can't afford him so both of those ideas are out of the picture, but you'd know that if you'd bothered to do your research instead of pretending I have no idea what I'm talking about. For the record, I'm not celebrating. And, sidebar, typing in red doesn't make anything you have to say more important. 

Given Fox’s history and the history of news media in general, I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if they found abuse beyond gender discrimination

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

Given Fox’s history and the history of news media in general, I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if they found abuse beyond gender discrimination

Yeah, I’m waiting for more skeletons to come out of Tucker’s closet. :eatpopcorn:

4 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Sexual harassment if not worse. Exactly what brought down O'Reilly. Yep, that's my bet too.

7 hours ago, Brishka said:

They have the receipts :coffee: @Espresso

Was just coming to post this :skull: 

I remember the prior reporting on Briganti so this doesn’t surprise me :coffee2: 

@Brishka Daily Fail not bothering to pretend this isn’t a set-up :skull: The only thing in this article that surprised me is that the Daily Wire actually IS offering him a position - I don’t think he’ll take it (too many fights with their former pundits)

35 minutes ago, Espresso said:

@Brishka Daily Fail not bothering to pretend this isn’t a set-up :skull: The only thing in this article that surprised me is that the Daily Wire actually IS offering him a position - I don’t think he’ll take it (too many fights with their former pundits)

Doesn't give a Fox. Sure.

2f7.jpg

@Brishka and yet ANOTHER theory article on the cause :rip: This probably played a big role but my biggest theory is still on the Abby Grossberg lawsuit :coffee2: 

4 minutes ago, Espresso said:

@Brishka and yet ANOTHER theory article on the cause :rip: This probably played a big role but my biggest theory is still on the Abby Grossberg lawsuit :coffee2: 

The original WSJ article about Tucker's departure had like 10,000 comments:deadbanana2: 

El Salvador’s fascist president (that almost had the country default by adopting Bitcoin as an official currency) has also weighed in :ace: 

@Brishka

So WSJ says it’s because he called an exec a cu**, Vanity Fair says it’s because his religious references in a recent gala speech freaked Rupert out, NYT says it’s the Abby Grossberg suit, Forbes says it’s the carrier fees and WaPo says it’s Dominion.

I guess I’ll just say all of the above?

34 minutes ago, Espresso said:

@Brishka

So WSJ says it’s because he called an exec a cu**, Vanity Fair says it’s because his religious references in a recent gala speech freaked Rupert out, NYT says it’s the Abby Grossberg suit, Forbes says it’s the carrier fees and WaPo says it’s Dominion.

I guess I’ll just say all of the above?

I'm inclined to believe that the Dominion lawsuit was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

46 minutes ago, Espresso said:

El Salvador’s fascist president (that almost had the country default by adopting Bitcoin as an official currency) has also weighed in :ace: 

Of course, this America-hating fascist (who is completely owned by China) likes Tucker. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.