The creators & stars of Beef release statement on David Choe's r*** story

Stepfon

The creator and stars of Netflix's Beef have responded to resurfaced criticism against cast member David Choe, who has recently come under fire for a 2014 podcast interview where he had joked about being a "successful rapist" during a massage.

In a statement, Lee Sung Jin, Steven Yeun and Ali Wong said:

"The story David Choe fabricated nine years ago is undeniably hurtful and extremely disturbing. We do not condone this story in any way, and we understand why this has been so upsetting and triggering. We're aware David has apologized in the past for making up this horrific story, and we've seen him put in the work to get the mental health support he needed over the last decade to better himself and learn from his mistakes."

Why would anyone say that even as a joke. Weirdo behavior 

it's so weird with "cancel culture" how it seems like some people skate by while others get caught directly in the line of fire. not surprised.

28 minutes ago, liver said:

it's bullshit like this that does more harm than good to the rape community 

To the WHAT? :rip:

I believe in growth, redemption, and gaining in wisdom and experience as we go along. I don’t think people should be perpetually punished for the entirety of their lives for saying dumb ****. I’m satisfied with the statement and wish him, and the show, the best! 

Poor response after silence for more than a week. And David Choe and his team were sending C&Ds to people who posted about it. David was doing everything within his power to bury the story so it wouldn't come to light. So, hardly 'apologetic'. Disappointed in Steven. And apparently David's victim was a Black woman, too.  

Yikes.  This weak response after a week of going all out to bury the news.  Very disappointing from Ali and Steven.

Whether or not Choe is actually a rapist, the story he told was beyond vile.  Calling yourself a "successful rapist" is just.... 

26 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

To the WHAT? :rip:

:rip: 

32 minutes ago, Keter said:

I believe in growth, redemption, and gaining in wisdom and experience as we go along. I don’t think people should be perpetually punished for the entirety of their lives for saying dumb ****. I’m satisfied with the statement and wish him, and the show, the best! 

Exactly the same. 

People need to log off.  A fictional story from 2014 that said person already apologized for should not be making news in 2023.

The show is amazing and everyone should watch it.

Edited by Archetype

8 minutes ago, Archetype said:

People need to log off.  A fictional story from 2014 that said person already apologized for should not be making news in 2023.

People have too much time focusing their energy trying to cancel people all the time instead of just enjoying their lives. It’s funny how most cancel culture attacks seem to be on people of minorities while attractive straight young white males don’t have to answer to anybody :deadbanana2:

Cameltoe Chariot
19 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It's absolutely exhausting seeing the things people devote time and energy towards instead actual, tangible action that changes laws :sistrens:

1002852653_undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.aea

hmm ig her flop show raises its chances along with the super white rest of the emmy contenders.

gold derby predictions:

Actress - yt jessica/emily/riley/lizzy/elizabeth

not yt Ali Wong

Actor - yt evan/taron/daniel/woody/michael

not yt Steven Yeun

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

Period. 

These attacks feel very calculated.

his character on the show literally mimics someone saying that random weird fake story in real life, i wasn’t shocked at all.

canceling for being a dumbass douchebag tho? that’s a stretch

Chastain and Peters are winning with ease at the emmys then. :celestial5:

cancelling others over a fabricated "fantasy" or whatsoever is just :deadbanana2:

Edited by truthteller

On 4/21/2023 at 5:02 PM, liver said:

it's bullshit like this that does more harm than good to the rape community 

What now? 

This man sounds disgusting. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.