Breaking: Delaware to become the 22nd state to legalize marijuana

Bears01

https://www.wboc.com/news/delaware-marijuana-legalization-will-roll-through-without-carney-s-signature/article_9963bd24-e07e-11ed-b4c1-abf127f4235f.html

Last year, governor Carney vetoed a marijuana legalization bill. A new bill has passed through the state legislature, and the governor won’t veto, allowing the bill to become law. 

The state now joins: Michigan, Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Oregon, Washington, Missouri, Montana, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Mexico, New York, Vermont, Virginia, New Jersey, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Nevada and D.C. to fully allow legal recreational use of marijuana, with potentially Minnesota to come soon :clap3:

Congrats to the first state! I’ve never been and prob never will lmao but slay!

“Michigan, Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Oregon, Washington, Missouri, Montana, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Mexico, New York, Vermont, Virginia, New Jersey, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Nevada”

the literal better half of the country lol 

5 minutes ago, BGKC said:

“Michigan, Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Oregon, Washington, Missouri, Montana, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Mexico, New York, Vermont, Virginia, New Jersey, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Nevada”

the literal better half of the country lol 

A couple notable states that haven’t yet legalized stand out (Hawaii, Minnesota, And Pennsylvania in particular) but I think at least Minnesota is about to have that issue settled in a matter of a couple weeks 

Can't imagine Biden being too happy about his state doing this, seeing as he hates marijuana and thinks it's a gateway drug for degeneracy.

Him firing staffers for it speaks for itself. :michael:

The president's home state legalizing weed while he is vehemently against such. :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Can't imagine Biden being too happy about his state doing this, seeing as he hates marijuana and thinks it's a gateway drug for degeneracy.

Him firing staffers for it speaks for itself. :michael:

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

The president's home state legalizing weed while he is vehemently against such. :deadbanana4:

Governor Carney is completely against this too, and has already stated he’s pretty pissed it’s happening (meaning, the legislature had the votes to override so he’s not risking further embarrassment). 

Governor Carney obviously wants to be a senator, and won’t have the fortune(?) of running against a candidate like trump, so hopefully the people of Delaware are smart to keep him away :cm:

9 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

A couple notable states that haven’t yet legalized stand out (Hawaii, Minnesota, And Pennsylvania in particular) but I think at least Minnesota is about to have that issue settled in a matter of a couple weeks 

Wait… Im flabbergasted about Hawaii. I just assumed they were one of the first to legalize it :deadbanana4: Missouri beating them to the punch is interesting. 

cmon Florida :jonny5: the way I’ve ran into so many gen z’s gathering signatures on the streets this past year that I really think Florida will be next 

13 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Wait… Im flabbergasted about Hawaii. I just assumed they were one of the first to legalize it :deadbanana4: Missouri beating them to the punch is interesting. 

They did so by a ballot initiative in November: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Missouri_marijuana_legalization_initiative 

Yeah, the last one left that are blue enough to do so by state leg are Minnesota (happening soon), Hawaii, and eventually New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. All other states that want legal weed are gonna have to get it on the ballot (which I think Florida and probably Ohio will be able to do as well) 

16 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

cmon Florida :jonny5: the way I’ve ran into so many gen z’s gathering signatures on the streets this past year that I really think Florida will be next 

Basically every conservative I know doesn't care or uses anyway :rip:

It's definitely happening in Florida at some point in the relative future. 

4 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Basically every conservative I know doesn't care or uses anyway :rip:

It's definitely happening in Florida at some point in the relative future. 

Signs are pointing to it getting on the ballot in November 2024. If you live in FL, you can sign one of the petitions.

If a $15 minimum wage can get 60% of the vote, I don’t doubt legal weed can too honestly 

On 4/21/2023 at 5:36 PM, Bears01 said:

Governor Carney is completely against this too, and has already stated he’s pretty pissed it’s happening (meaning, the legislature had the votes to override so he’s not risking further embarrassment). 

Governor Carney obviously wants to be a senator, and won’t have the fortune(?) of running against a candidate like trump, so hopefully the people of Delaware are smart to keep him away :cm:

Carney would be completely at home as a Senator from Delaware. Have you not seen Coons and Carper? They’re easily the most conservative Dems in the Senate not named Manchin, and Biden prided himself as the most conservative Dem Senator (of those who didn’t party swap like the segregationist Strom Thurmond whom he fondly eulogized) of his time as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.