Disney vs DeSantis

Vermillion

3 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Disney shouldn’t have so much say and desantis shouldn’t act like a dictator 

:clap3:

From my outsider perspective, Corporations and Government fighting for who have the most power over a state and it's citizens, both sides are wrong here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• nadiamendell

• Sergi91

• Phaunzie

If Disney brings down DeSantis I will never complain about corporate America again

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

If Disney brings down DeSantis I will never complain about corporate America again

That part 

They SNATCHING him so far jxnfbffbchcn I need Trump to try and go after them next 

One thing a demonic megacorp like Disney gonna do is ensure it crushes it's detractors, nice to see one of the detractors be awful for a change 

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

It’s sad that they only use their power to end these awful bigoted men when they threaten them. 

Imagine if Disney used their resources to end Trump in 2016, but instead they sat there and did nothing 

Corporations shouldn't have this much power, even if DeSantis deserves to be punished. It should be Democrats giving themselves authoritarian powers to remove DeSantis from office and abolish the Republicans as a party, not just hoping corporations become so rich and powerful that they can blackball any politician who harms them.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:25 PM, Reginald said:

I don't think this multi-hundred-billion dollar global entertainment corporation is afraid of anyone, or anything :giraffe: 

mickey mouse animation GIF by hoppip

The fact that this man has pushed me to root for a corporation really speaks to his degeneracy.  

Yes destroy that rat. U dont mess with Disney

3 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

The fact that this man has pushed me to root for a corporation really speaks to his degeneracy.  

This

Honestly, this drama with DeSantis is more entertaining than anything the Disney corp has produced in years.  

4 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

Like this is CRAZY

Imagine being so f*cking evil that even leftists support corporation to take you down :deadbanana4:

On 4/20/2023 at 8:52 PM, shyboi said:

:clap3:

From my outsider perspective, Corporations and Government fighting for who have the most power over a state and it's citizens, both sides are wrong here.

Actually, that's not really what Disney is fighting for at all. All they're fighting for is to be able to control the property that they own aa was promised to them 50 years ago. DeSantis is stripping them of that right, or trying to anyway, simply because they spoke out against his homophobic bill. They didn't insert themselves into a battle, they were dragged into it, and even now their only goal is to kneecap his power, not trample over the citizens of Florida. If anything, they're helping Florida because what DeSantis wants to do to Disney would mean Disney actually shoulders less of a tax burden and the public instead gets the brunt of paying for Disney World. 

On 4/24/2023 at 12:59 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

Actually, that's not really what Disney is fighting for at all. All they're fighting for is to be able to control the property that they own aa was promised to them 50 years ago. DeSantis is stripping them of that right, or trying to anyway, simply because they spoke out against his homophobic bill. They didn't insert themselves into a battle, they were dragged into it, and even now their only goal is to kneecap his power, not trample over the citizens of Florida. If anything, they're helping Florida because what DeSantis wants to do to Disney would mean Disney actually shoulders less of a tax burden and the public instead gets the brunt of paying for Disney World. 

Hello! All this talk about corporations needing less power and yet Disney is surprisingly self-sufficient when it comes to managing their property and maintaining consistent tourism for Orlando, all while alleviating taxpayers of the cost. Ron’s retaliation here is only going to negatively affect him and his constituents, and I don’t understand why he thinks this will work in his favor.

I mean... Ron is term-limited so he's out after a few more years. There's nothing that can be done to him. He's not going to be "taken down" in any way other than maybe a Presidential bid, which is looking pretty bad at the moment lol. If he doesn't run in 2024, he has to chance in 2028 as people will have moved on.

Disney should keep fighting, though. Make him look as bad as possible just to be petty.

6 hours ago, tachiwaka said:

Hello! All this talk about corporations needing less power and yet Disney is surprisingly self-sufficient when it comes to managing their property and maintaining consistent tourism for Orlando, all while alleviating taxpayers of the cost. Ron’s retaliation here is only going to negatively affect him and his constituents, and I don’t understand why he thinks this will work in his favor.

Thank you. As someone who lives less than 20 min from the property, people in this area are beyond PISSED at what Ron is doing and it's only making him look like a fool on both sides. Our state has a **** load of issues right now that are much more important than his self-righteous escapade to go against a corporation for calling out his stupidity with the don't say gay bill.

This site is one of if not the largest employer in the state and acts as a HUGE moneymaking machine for our area. Maybe if he weren't such an idiot by making the new (forced) Reedy Creek board reek of conservatism and anti-Disney ideology, then he wouldn't have the pushback from the company he's received. They'll continue pushing until he drops to his knees, they will not allow one man to bring down one of the largest revenue and attendance drivers for their entire company and for the state of Florida. 

yasss daddy Iger shut this degenerate FREAK down :clap3: 

mickey.jpg?w=584

1 minute ago, slik said:

DeSantis about to be toast

Was just about to post this :skull: 

11 minutes ago, slik said:

DeSantis about to be toast

Get her, Mickey! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.