Fox avoids trial for last-minute $787M settlement with Dominion, < than half 1st ask

Espresso

That’s less than half of the 1.6 BILLION that Fox was initially being sued for. :dies: 

Of course they folded. They should've DESTROYED these pigs for destroying faith in the election system. Money always talks at the end of the day as usual.

Dominion totally caved and let the public down. For half of what they wanted 

Dominion should have DESTROYED them for their slanderous and downright false claims that they knowingly spewed to their 0-brain-cell base. This is disappointing as ****, considering they're just going to do it again in the next election. 

I need to see any kind of stipulation here cause I am PISSED and actually genuinely surprised there wasn't a follow-through. 

Especially on-air announcements from their primetime block.

Also wondering if the subsequent case from SmartMatic had any influence on this. 

8 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Confused by the reaction in here. What would a trial have revealed? They admitted to lying.

It would have made Rupert Murdoch himself go up on the stand in a court of law, and to admit in open court to the entire world that his company is nothing more than a propaganda network that does nothing but lie to the masses, along with Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity 

Very disappointed. Securing a judgment against Fox News would have set an important precedent for this kind of defamation case.

9 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Aren't they suing OAN or Newsmax too? 

Yes. I'll include this in the OP. 

I mean Fox still LOST. Its clear now they HAVE to admit that the election wasnt stolen or risk being sued again. :dies: 

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

It would have made Rupert Murdoch himself go up on the stand in a court of law, and to admit in open court to the entire world that his company is nothing more than a propaganda network that does nothing but lie to the masses, along with Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity 

So this is the first I'm hearing about this case so pardon my complete ignorance. Just googled who Rupert Murdoch is (thought he was that mass killer from the south lol). But yeah, that was never going to happen.

3 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

So this is the first I'm hearing about this case so pardon my complete ignorance. Just googled who Rupert Murdoch is (thought he was that mass killer from the south lol). But yeah, that was never going to happen.

It was very close to actually happening, till they settled today

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

So, welp. Down to SmartMatic then.

They’ll settle. They should go for the jugular and set a huge precedent, but I don’t have hope in that happening 

And we miss out on the content and underlying truths. Bummer.

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That’s less than half of the 1.6 BILLION that Fox was initially being sued for. :dies: 

41 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

the company's valuation was $80 million so it was never gonna get the 1.6B anyway 

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

It was very close to actually happening, till they settled today

I mean, I really doubt it. What you were hoping to see was likely never ever going to happen. They were never going to not settle if the alternative was what you wanted. 

Dominion is owned by some PE firm I think so this was the likely outcome, was still hoping they’d take it to trial though. We’ll see what happens with Smartmatic

19 hours ago, Bears01 said:

How do lawsuits work? I know of someone that got sued (lost in court and was order to pay) and never paid and nothing happen to them and after 7 years it doesn’t even show up on their credit report anymore.  FOX News won’t also pay a penny :toofunny3:

This really should have gone to trial. I think there's a lot more to this story than mere fake news peddling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.