Taylor Swift - “Karma”

HEAVYONIT

Happy with this over MR. I think that skill might happen eventually, but this is perfect for summer! It’s also such a fun track. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• omrimayo

• Taylor fanboy

• littlebodybigheart

She’s never beating the music for children allegation :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, idontdodrags said:

She’s never beating the music for children allegation :deadbanana4:

The Teenz Bop’s continues :wave:

MR is terrible yall really want her to flop :bibliahh:Karma and Question? are the ones :bunny:

11 hours ago, YR. said:

Wait... a SZA remix would eat.

This would be litetally perfect… I can already imagine her verse

this is the best single choice but it will hardly make a dent on the charts, post album singles simply do not do anything nowadays for big artists like her

KARMA IS MY BOYFRIEND :clap3:

Give it the FULL single treatment. Feels like a summer smash. 

2 hours ago, directionlockerlock said:

this is the best single choice but it will hardly make a dent on the charts, post album singles simply do not do anything nowadays for big artists like her

Not really true. Beyonce had a post album hit with Cuff It. Justin Bieber’s Ghost was post album and it was one of the biggest hits of the album. 

Karma is having a little moment on TikTok, so it’s the perfect time to release it as a single, if she has a decent video and possible a feature remix, this could be huge. 

Not my favorite, but I understand how it is the best decision especially for radio. A remix would do wonders for this song, but I think radio will hop on this until callouts. Anti-Hero did not do that well on callouts but it managed to too radio and Taylor’s on a roll with radio lately so that goodwill could extend to Karma’s run.

I still hope Midnight Rain can become a single in the future. It could be a Big Girls Don’t Cry thing where it’s released late in the era but will still smash. It’s not an instant song but when you get it, it’s just brilliance.

I would hope for Maroon or Mastermind to be singles too but they were just personally my favorites.

1 hour ago, Testosterone said:

Not really true. Beyonce had a post album hit with Cuff It. Justin Bieber’s Ghost was post album and it was one of the biggest hits of the album. 

Karma is having a little moment on TikTok, so it’s the perfect time to release it as a single, if she has a decent video and possible a feature remix, this could be huge. 

Not that I disagree with you, because it is of course possible to happen these days, but I don't think those two examples can be compared to Taylor's situation here at all. Artists who have their entire album smash on streaming have a much harder time having post-album hits because people have already checked out the album. Karma currently sits at 255M streams and is gaining 1M per day still, which is massive. Beyonce, Justin, The Weeknd, Harry Styles all had bad to decent album track streams when they got a post-album hit, so it was much easier to push those as "new" songs. On the flipside, Olivia's Traitor for example was really huge on streaming and hyped up as the 4th single from Sour, but barely made a dent in the charts once it was officially pushed... mostly because it already had a lot of streams and attention. 

It's just not the same these days where every single release is basically a "new" song to everyone besides dedicated fans, and with how music videos make zero impact... I do hope it can take off though. It's possible if it smashes on radio it could do well. Delicate was doing 3x less before it got playlisting and a single push yet peaked at 2M daily streams... so this could grow nicely on streaming if her team gives it good playlisting and pushes it on TikTok. A remix would be perfect but I don't expect one.

Now I get liking MR as a streaming smash, but it's basically hookless (aside from the James Charles vocals) and is too droning for any casual radio audience. The amount of bass would probably be overwhelming in a car speaker, so I can't imagine it would sound too good as a single either. Karma is the only right choice here. 

Watch Vigilant **** will be single with a tour performance as music video :chick1:

I would prefer Midnight Rain to be the next single, but Karma is fine, too. 

@taylorswift13's "Karma" is set to officially impact US Pop Radio on May 2nd as the 3rd pop format single from "Midnights" (4th radio single overall).

YAS!

4 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

@taylorswift13's "Karma" is set to officially impact US Pop Radio on May 2nd as the 3rd pop format single from "Midnights" (4th radio single overall).

YAS!

Can't wait for the MV

Wished single 3 was MR or YOYOK instead. 

I get that karma is radio friendly though. But it’ll just continue a kiddy image for her which is annoying after what she built up with folklore, evermore, and the last 2 solid singles from midnight. Karma just feels like… such a back step back. Kinda like a bad blood situation where it sounds like a huge radio hit, but not oozing quality. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.