Speak No Evil (2024) | English remake from Blumhouse | Now slaying in theaters

genetic fail

Edited by genetic fail

What is the point of remaking a movie that just came out last year and majority of it is already in English? Plus I don’t think it’s going to work with Americans for multiple reasons.

And I have a feeling they’re going to Disney-fy the **** out of that original bleak ending too.

this literally doesnt make a single ounce of sense, the original is literally ABOUT europeans. like… it’s essential to the story. 

7 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

this literally doesnt make a single ounce of sense, the original is literally ABOUT europeans. like… it’s essential to the story. 

They’re gonna make it about Souther hospitality or something :deadbanana4:

30 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

This... literally WHY :biblionny:

This is so random and not needed, I would still watch cuz James is a daddy

watch them Goodnight Mommy remake this :shakeno:

Not every great international horror movie needs to have an American remake :ace:

Why do they keep insisting on making these American remakes of horror films when all of them end up being panned and a flop? :psyduck:

This is one of the most random and unnecessary remakes I’ve ever heard of. :rip:

15 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

So true. I honestly don’t get how they will make this work with Americans :psyduck: I smell a panned flop.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, ChapelHooker said:

This... Doesnt it have to do with the danish culture/habits?

This doesnt make any sense, the movie is barely a year old?:rip:

One of the most uncomfortable horror movies to sit through. Can’t picture a remake doing it justice. 

MOTHER

• 11 months later...

Why would they have the twist in the trailer? :rip: they couldn't even get the damn marketing right 

of course the US marketer doesn't understand the film and of course they reveal too much. 

and I'll repeat what I said before: 

On 4/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, ChapelHooker said:

this literally doesnt make a single ounce of sense, the original is literally ABOUT europeans. like… it's essential to the story. 

• 3 months later...

The paid reviews are coming in :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

Wish Christoph Waltz was playing James McAvoys role. He plays psychopaths so well!

The entire point of the original is that the Danish couple are so polite that they won't just leave an uncomfortable and menacing situation, out of fear of being rude. And they pay the price for it.

It's a commentary on Europeans' general trust and harmony towards one-another, and where that can go too far.

I don't see how this can work as an American remake, because Americans are raised with a certain skepticism of strangers. And certainly when it comes to their children. They also have a more direct and less polite society, the couple would have clocked it right away.

At least there's naked James McAvoy to look forward to. Otherwise there is zero point in this :gaycat:

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.