Selena Gomez US Units Update : Revival 2.3M, GFY 4.98M, SOL 4.6M, HTM 3.9M

Armani?

The album moved roughly 100k units in 1 year

Was at 2.2M Nielsen Units April 2022

50 minutes ago, Armani? said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot-20230416-210232-Chrome.jpg

Sober :clap3:the single that got away :monkey:

KEWK was a minor hit in the end, but I still think they should've gone with Sober followed by KEWK.

thank you so much! i hope sober and me and the rhytm can get that gold cert.

6 hours ago, Armani? said:

The album moved roughly 100k units in 1 year

Was at 2.2M Nielsen Units April 2022

it's not correct, chartdata is posting wrong units from everyone. They divide audio by 125 and video by 375, so everyone's singles are crazy. 

There is no way revival the album has sold more than 2m units in the US. :rip:

Edited by IVY

That's less than I expected... 

For some reason I thought GFY was well above 6M (or at least close to 6x Platinum) considering it was the lead single... But it's almost outdone by SOL lol. 

Sober low-key the most impressive out of that list. 

1 hour ago, IVY said:

Why? It went platinum in 2016. It could have easily sold 1M units in 7 years, especially considering the singles. 

1 hour ago, IVY said:

this is not pure sales, lol. why not?

with Good For You at 5x Platinum, Same Old Love and Hands To Myself at 4x Platinum, and Kindness at 2x Platinum, and Sober and M&TR nearing Gold, these songs alone bring in roughly 1.6 million units.

based on a Billboard article published when Rare came out in 2020, we know the album had sold 435k pure copies by 2020 as well. so pure sales + singles already total over 2m units for the album.

which would mean the remaining album tracks add up to somewhere around 200-300k units combined, and I don't see how that isn't plausible. 

33 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

That's less than I expected... 

bfrr

5 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

bfrr

I told you I thought GFY was around 6m by now. Tbh, the era felt much bigger than the actual numbers at the time. Not saying that they are bad numbers by any means. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

I told you I thought GFY was around 6m by now. Tbh, the era felt much bigger than the actual numbers at the time. Not saying that they are bad numbers by any means. 

US radio is what made the era felt bigger than it's actual sales.

The singles were legitimate hits, not denying that, but their overall chart performance relied quite a bit on airplay points. Good for You made it to #4 on radio but peaked at #10 on the streaming top10. Same Old Love was #13 on streaming but #5 on radio.

I thought it was 3x platinum at least. Also, didn't expect SML to be that close to GFY.

11 hours ago, IVY said:

Do you know how the chart/SPS system works today, in 2023, or has done for the last 5 years?

It’s not 2016 anymore.

:rip:

24 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Do you know how the chart/SPS system works today, in 2023, or has done for the last 5 years?

It’s not 2016 anymore.

:rip:

More like 2012, even in 2016 it was the SPS era :rip:

On 4/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Scars said:

US radio is what made the era felt bigger than it's actual sales.

The singles were legitimate hits, not denying that, but their overall chart performance relied quite a bit on airplay points. Good for You made it to #4 on radio but peaked at #10 on the streaming top10. Same Old Love was #13 on streaming but #5 on radio.

she truly was a radio darling during that era but the weekly sales were good then... and it all aligned perfectly to get the top 10/5s

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.