Isolated Jarawa tribe doesn't want contact with outsiders

Aethereal

https://returntonow.net/2016/04/16/jarawas/#google_vignette

“They left Africa 70,000 years ago. They are [among] the most ancient people in the world. There are no more than 400 of them. Up til now, they had managed to shelter themselves from the madness of our world.”

The Jarawa have been living with almost no contact from our world for at least 35,000 years, the documentary claims. But they now face extinction.

“We live really quietly in the forest, and we are happy,” a Jarawa man says in the film. “Here, there is everything we need. The trees are full of fruits, and the flowers are magnificent … We can find everything we need in the jungle.”

“We don’t like people from the outside,” another tribesman adds. “They are bad. These people have only bad things to bring us … They give us tobacco [and alcohol] and they teach us how to chew, and it’s not good for us.”

“This is where we want to live,” a Jarawa woman says. “Our life is here, nowhere else. We cannot love your world … Your world is bad for us. We don’t like it. There are too many people. Too much noise. No peace. In the other world, it smells bad … Here it is more beautiful. Living here is more peaceful.

main-qimg-e39ab6d36a9c552f202893db2edec3

Edited by Aristotle

21 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

There are too many people. Too much noise. No peace. In the other world, it smells bad … Here it is more beautiful. Living here is more peaceful.

Drag us queen :clap3:

70,000 years... wtf?

I swear, theres so much history in the world that we don't know

I just saw the date of the article is 2016

They seem to very content with what they have. Meanwhile we have everything and we still crave for more. Thank you capitalism.

Edited by Wolf Alice

I mean our way of life is shxt, our foreign policy is horrendous and peace is a pipe dream in this rather uncivilized world. So if I were them, I would like to keep a divide between our world and theirs. Especially with how bothersome these Christians are in trying to preach to them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.