Barbie vs Oppenheimer. Who will top the box office ?

June

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• June

• fridayteenage

• Baby Judas

• JustHoran

Pop icon Barbie and legend Margot are coming to sweep 

11 minutes ago, shyboi said:

why both posters are similar

It's an edit, just trying to fool people into buying Barbie tickets :eli:

I honestly think Oppenheimer might slightly underperform. Sure, it's done by Nolan, but it's still a 3+ hour science bio-drama in the middle of Summer. It will do well because of his name, the cast, and hopefully good reviews, but idk if it will be that massive. 

I will each crow if I'm wrong, but I think Barbie will have a strong opening (50s+ maybe) and leg out very well. It will play like gangbusters to audiences wanting something light but not stupid, and that isn't another MCU/DC tentpole. And the audiences that would be totally turned off by a feminist message wouldn't see a Barbie movie regardless. 

Oppenheimer has less mass-appeal despite the fact that it'll likely be the better movie. Barbie will probably be huge based on the viral moments it's already produced so many months in advance

After Mario numbers i think barbie could make 100m + first weekend :ninja:

The other One looks like a 50-70M debut. But if it's very good It could have great legs and making also a 250-280m Total 

Edited by vale9001

After Mario anything can happen tbh

IMO Barbie is annihilating Oppenheimer :celestial2:

36 minutes ago, June said:

It's an edit, just trying to fool people into buying Barbie tickets :eli:

and it's working, you are doing amazing sis :clap3:

Oppenheimer looks so boring :deadbanana4: It does not give me summer blockbuster at all. But it might not be going for that anyways. 

I could definitely see Barbie taking it if word of mouth is strong and it has so much viral potential and it's already producing memes before release. It could fail if the social media hype does not translate to ticket sales. It's a toss up imo. But Barbie has an advantage because its such an iconic IP. The girls and gays need to show OUT.

Barbie 

It will be surprising if it won't.. 

I really ser this gross like 800mil+

The one with the diverse cast :clap3:

Nolan lost a lot of goodwill from the audience with Tenet. And this is a depressing, gritty war movie. It won't bomb ( :eli: ) but it doesn't have the mass market appeal that Barbie has I fear.

Barbie because it has better marketing and relevancy in pop culture and who want to go see a movie about the A-bomb😆other then cinephiles and critics, I don’t see it having mainstream appeal 

• Like 1

Barbie, no doubts. :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.