What does the LGBT do now? I'm kinda scared for the future.

BrentB

On the real. Arm yourselves if you are in the states and learn a martial arts. 

If you can afford to buy a home do it and start prepping for a civil war. Yeah it may sound alarmist and like a conspiracist but that’s what I would do if I could. 

Other than that absolutely vote blue. Tell your friends to vote blue. Help campaign. Do local elections. That’s about all we can do. 

I’d say a revolution (every single marginalized community and vetted trusted allies) is in order but likely you’ll end up in jail or assassinated if that actually worked. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FreeXone

• Communion

• sickening

• Raphy23

The OP might just be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. :rip: Some of you are so afraid of hurting homophobes' feelings by simply existing and being represented in the media - it's crazy. :rip:

8 hours ago, Communion said:

Sis you're literally looking up content from white nationalists. :skull:

LGBT acceptance is greater than ever and Gen Z is both queerer and more accepting of queer people than any previous generation. TERFs, Conservatives, the Manosphere and the Religious Right are loud cause they need to convince you that the reality around you is wrong and their propaganda is right.

FPIlWTXXsAEU17R?format=jpg&name=medium

This is... relieving tbh.

27 minutes ago, CBC said:

Why is a drag queen performing at a high school? :celestial5:

Why wouldn't the winner of a famous reality show appear at a school for an international day to promote LGBT acceptance and end bullying?

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

wow this is surprising tbh

:deadbanana2::rip:

:bibliahh: People really are not educated on these things 

1 hour ago, Virgos Groove said:

The OP might just be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. :rip: Some of you are so afraid of hurting homophobes' feelings by simply existing and being represented in the media - it's crazy. :rip:

This is... relieving tbh.

Dude STFU:ahh:. I emphasized "a LITTLE bit" in the OP (in ALL caps cause I knew most of you wouldn't get the point) and for "ONLY our mature and QUALITY representatives" that, again, are "interested in protecting our image" to be the ones to lead the way, representation-wise, for us in these times. But SHOCKER !!@@! Another ATRLer manages to miss the point, yet again, of the OP unless you spell it out for them :juanny:

Even a vast majority of stans of various GP darlings here would be crying " take a break sis!"  if faves were overexposed to the fickle GP, for the sake of their career. But suddenly, we should be "MORE in their faces" when our detractors are strategically trying to paint our heightened presence as backed by an "oppressive immoral & sinister media machine." 

I didn't say we should permanently go into hiding. We, most-definitely, STILL need a presence in the media, as well as behind the scenes, politically. I just suggested that we be a little more strategic, move forward with only our best players & ALSO cut out the excess weight holding us down (i.e. the likes of Dylan Mulvaney & her cringe-inducing, childish content, who suddenly becomes a spokeperson of Bud Light & Nike overnight, two brands that are the complete opposite of her overall brand :rip:). You know, a little extreme measure for these extreme times. 

It's not unreasonable that many of us would fall for this "culture war" narrative either. It's everywhere in the media. Plus, some of us have seen, in real time, a moderate GP fence-sitter who has no real care, or opinion, on the LGBT, move slowly to the right because of that one loud homophobe/transphobe co-worker, or acquaintance/colleague. So, I say there is enough reasonable grounds to harbor a certain level of concern, even if we are, indeed, making more strides than the fear mongering media will have us believe.

So, in short, while I may have made a controversial point in the OP, I promise you bestie , this isn't the most stupidest thing you've ever read . 

Edited by BrentB

11 hours ago, BrentB said:

This might sound controversial but I, for one, feel as though we need to scale back on our presence in the media,  a LITTLE bit for now at least, and ONLY our mature and QUALITY representatives, that are interested in protecting our image, should take the biggest platforms given to us & lead the way for us. The WHOLE reason why we're in our "backlash" era as a collective, is because people "are tired of seeing wokeness everywhere," which I don't necessarily agree with obviously.

I kind of agree. We just need to go quiet for a bit like Taylor did during rep era. comeback later stronger and more respected than ever. 

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

I kind of agree. We just need to go quiet for a bit like Taylor did during rep era. comeback later stronger and more respected than ever. 

We?? You're literally a cishet man?? 

57 minutes ago, Communion said:

We?? You're literally a cishet man?? 

I'm LGBTQ2S+

4 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I'm LGBTQ2S+

I can't tell if this is a joke or if I've confused you for a different user with a Carly Rae Jepsen icon who is cishet male and supports anti-vaxxers. :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

I can't tell if this is a joke or if I've confused you for a different user with a Carly Rae Jepsen icon who is cishet male and supports anti-vaxxers. :deadbanana4:

that's not me. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now, so I'm not "het" either. 

Edited by Raphy23

I resent the idea that we even need to be “tolerated” and “accepted”. We exist and they will ******* deal with it, literally ramp up the representation make them continue to squirm

Honestly things look very bad for the LGBTI community in the USA.....Sayin this as an outsider :chick3:

3 hours ago, Communion said:

That's a different user but yes I was confused at first too :dies:

Gays have more rights and acceptance now more than ever. And don't listen to fear-mongerers. They are now on the opposite end of where we were 30 or 40 years ago.

Unless you live in a country where you have no rights, be yourself. Be what you want to be. Fly the flag, be out and open. Be visible.

I'm very worried about this community. I also see a shift happening politically in future the community will fragment even more politically and ideologically.

20 hours ago, AMIT said:

Carly fans aren't like that :'( I just want the best for the entire LGBT2S+ community, and it saddens me that people have so much hate towards us. We're not trying to spread any agenda, we're just trying to exist! 

On 4/13/2023 at 6:26 PM, AMIT said:

On 4/13/2023 at 3:21 PM, Raphy23 said:

that's not me. 

Oh my god, i'm sorry :deadbanana4:

This might sound controversial but I, for one, feel as though we need to scale back on our presence in the media,  a LITTLE bit for now at least, and ONLY our mature and QUALITY representatives, that are interested in protecting our image, should take the biggest platforms given to us & lead the way for us. The WHOLE reason why we're in our "backlash" era as a collective, is because people "are tired of seeing wokeness everywhere," which I don't necessarily agree with obviously.

Hm, I hear you, but that isn't going to stop people being homophobic or transphobic. 

Representation matters, but personally I don't think racial or sexual minorities have to be included in everything because the straights or the white people don't do their due diligence and represent us correctly half the time. They use minorities to look good and pat themselves on the back.

I think the backlash or disdain that a lot of the het. GP have for LGBT people these days is more so targeted at transgender people, specifically transwomen because of the bathroom laws, the sports stuff, the changing of certain terms which were used for cis-women and which some of them now feel is taking away from their womanhood i.e. "pregnant mothers" being changed to "birthing people" etc.

On 4/13/2023 at 12:47 AM, FreeXone said:

Lol if you think this is anything, imagine how our lgbt predecessors felt when the aids epidemic came. This is NOTHING in comparison lol.

People will see through the bs eventually just as they did with trump and his border and just as people finally woke up and realized police brutality is Real.

I mean, right wing puppet seems like a gigantic reach. However, I will say that she seems like an opportunist. She was basically Trisha Paytas 2.0 prior to blowing up on tiktok in the sense that she was doing anything and everything to get attention. She was on all those random game shows like deal or no deal, the price is right, ellen, etc.. :deadbanana4:

47 minutes ago, Sesame said:

I mean, right wing puppet seems like a gigantic reach. However, I will say that she seems like an opportunist. She was basically Trisha Paytas 2.0 prior to blowing up on tiktok in the sense that she was doing anything and everything to get attention. She was on all those random game shows like deal or no deal, the price is right, ellen, etc.. :deadbanana4:

She is not genuine. I don’t care what anyone says. My third eye picks up on it. 

She may not have right wing roots but these companies are deviously putting her at the forefront. 

Edited by FreeXone

What do you do now? You keep living your life as you always have. Cable news and viral videos are not representative of real society, they are echo chambers that amplify the most extreme and loudest voices. Remove those from your life and you'll be a happier person.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:17 AM, BrentB said:

Dude STFU:ahh:. I emphasized "a LITTLE bit" in the OP (in ALL caps cause I knew most of you wouldn't get the point) and for "ONLY our mature and QUALITY representatives" that, again, are "interested in protecting our image" to be the ones to lead the way, representation-wise, for us in these times. But SHOCKER !!@@! Another ATRLer manages to miss the point, yet again, of the OP unless you spell it out for them :juanny:

Even a vast majority of stans of various GP darlings here would be crying " take a break sis!"  if faves were overexposed to the fickle GP, for the sake of their career. But suddenly, we should be "MORE in their faces" when our detractors are strategically trying to paint our heightened presence as backed by an "oppressive immoral & sinister media machine." 

I didn't say we should permanently go into hiding. We, most-definitely, STILL need a presence in the media, as well as behind the scenes, politically. I just suggested that we be a little more strategic, move forward with only our best players & ALSO cut out the excess weight holding us down (i.e. the likes of Dylan Mulvaney & her cringe-inducing, childish content, who suddenly becomes a spokeperson of Bud Light & Nike overnight, two brands that are the complete opposite of her overall brand :rip:). You know, a little extreme measure for these extreme times. 

It's not unreasonable that many of us would fall for this "culture war" narrative either. It's everywhere in the media. Plus, some of us have seen, in real time, a moderate GP fence-sitter who has no real care, or opinion, on the LGBT, move slowly to the right because of that one loud homophobe/transphobe co-worker, or acquaintance/colleague. So, I say there is enough reasonable grounds to harbor a certain level of concern, even if we are, indeed, making more strides than the fear mongering media will have us believe.

So, in short, while I may have made a controversial point in the OP, I promise you bestie , this isn't the most stupidest thing you've ever read . 

Why are you talking about all queer people on earth like it's a single committee with a publicist :rip:

And agreed about the Dylan grifter... It's so clearly a character developed to make a mockery of women. Only someone who truly thinks nothing of women would present that way. And these tone-deaf companies, desperate to capitalize on a new group of consumers, fell for it. I mean, tampon ads, literally wtf :skull:

Edited by PoisonPill

I live in a pretty liberal city, and I'm from a very middle-class upbringing (and still am middle-class), so I have privileges. 

It is also more difficult for trans folks considering Dylan is the right's punching-bag and Tennessee's draconian anti-trans laws. 

I will say this: there will always be people who are transphobic, homophobic, or racist/sexist/oppressive towards some minority group. Under no circumstance does that make it okay, and people, like myself, should use whatever privileges we have to help more under-privileged groups, and continue exercising our rights to protest and free speech. 

I will say to try to focus on what you can control. If you find your workplace isn't LGBT+ friendly, maybe ask what a trusted coworker thinks, and possibly you guys can make a game-plan for making the workplace more inclusive (really, for everybody). If you have the time/resources to change jobs to an LGBT+ free space, do that. 

If your neighborhood isn't LGBT+ friendly, try to at least surround yourself with people who are. If you have a car or reliable transportation, you could spend more time with LGBTQ+ allies. 

As someone with horrible anxiety and self-esteem issues (and some of them stem from internalized homophobia and organized religion), I've learned to concern myself with what I can control, but also to stay informed and make the changes you can. And that's all you can do. 

Edited by zasderfght

On 4/18/2023 at 10:21 PM, katara said:

Wasn't that Dylan guy exposed as a bottom who years for mature daddy c*ck? :bibliahh:

Wait really? :celestial5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.