Ariana addresses body shaming comments

Alex

Drag us Queen or whatever, but I really hope she’s indeed okay, because with that video, she doesn’t look good AT ALL. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxoonlight

• ariananext

• Helios

• Sweet Sexy Savage

Girl if you don’t put on a wig + get a spray tan and stop trying to serve us all natural Bare Minerals tea.. it’s not working in your favor mawma! 

can’t stand her, but she’s absolutely correct 

Will never understand how anybody could be negative to this woman

MadonnasBoyfriend
10 minutes ago, MaoMars said:

I dont think :biblio:

:deadbanana2:Joking about having an eating disorder.... 😒

She looks ill, not even saying she looks thin.. but she looks ill and I hope she is surrounded by caring people. 

Also if someone is dealing with anorexia or bulimia are we supposed to be like “YAASSS QUEEN looking fabulous” :redface:

Edited by Richie.Valdez

Oh Ariana, you're always be a legend. Stay strong. :'(

Was it actually body shaming though? I saw mostly genuine concern (at least on here)...though it is wrong to speculate but Idk...even she didn't necessarily frame it as people body shaming her and more so people having the wrong idea about what's going on with her health. Either way, I am SO glad to see her talking to us. She's been such a mysterious entity these past few years so it's nice seeing her connect with everyone again :jonny5::heart: 

59 minutes ago, bad guy said:

when you’re in the public eye people are going to discuss how you look because you’re a public figure. That comes with the territory. She looks unwell but hopefully for her sake she’s working on it.

MTE

1 hour ago, MasterExpose said:

Lighter voice when losing weight are very common in women while men's get deeper. It's more noticeable when you gain or lose a noticeable amount of weight. 

Why do men's voices go lower? should male voices also get lighter with weight loss because there is less pressure or something? genuinly curious because I never heard of this but it sounds like it makes sense somehow

1 hour ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Honestly there is no way that level of skinny can be healthy

and yes her face is clearly so modified, her lips are massive here, but as long as she is happy with it it’s nobody’s business

I do understand the changing voices and personas too, our generation has identity disorders at large 

Ari isn't our generation though. She's an older Millennial (she is 30 now). I dont know if millennials deal with that tbh. It seems like a more recent phenom from gen Z.

--------

I feel like a lot of us forget that she is 30 now cuz she looks youthful overall and is petite but homegirl is starting to show signs of aging which could also be why a lot of ppl seem genuinely shocked by how different she looks. People go through a pretty big change in terms of their looks when they transition from late twenties into early 30s...it can be night and day too. I remember my cousin looks so different to me when I saw her at 28 and then saw her again at 31. It does not mean she is unhealthy or at risk of anything. It just means she's changed and that's totally fine.

4 hours ago, Icarus said:

Since she stopped recording music with trap beats. The blaccent and dark fake tan vanished

OT: good for her :clap3:

:skull:

She sounds so different, bring back the black ent :skull: 

And tbh she does look too skinny so I hope she’s well.

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

Aw she has matured so much. She's been through a lot.

lol what exactly she's been through a lot? She is a millionaire living life of a pop star, I'm sure we all have been through a lot more than her.

I can’t believe how so many people missed the point she’s trying to speak, and focused again in something to criticized  :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Ramooon said:

lol what exactly she's been through a lot? She is a millionaire living life of a pop star, I'm sure we all have been through a lot more than her.

People go through mental health struggles regardless of money 

Idk why ppl keep coming for her body when her body is literally the same??? it’s her hair and eyebrows that have drastically changed that makes her look so different.

leave the girl be sheesh (she ended her music career with Positions tho)

Omg from the video in the OP i thought she was bald for a moment. Glad she still has her iconic hair:jonny6:

Well that was weird. I’m not really sure why she brought up antidepressants and equated that to being unhealthy. It’s normal for your body to change and for you to gain weight while taking antidepressants, that isn’t “unhealthy”. Nobody should feel shame for taking antidepressants or how they may or may not affect their body. What an odd thing to imply. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.