Timothée Chalamet will do his own singing in Bob Dylan biopic

MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

f_webp

CNN — 

Timothée Chalamet will not be lip-syncing as he stars in an upcoming film about folk singer and songwriter, Bob Dylan.

The film’s director James Mangold tells Collider of Chalamet singing Dylan’s songs, “Of course!”

“It’s such an amazing time in American culture and the story of Bob — a young 19-year-old Bob Dylan coming to New York with like two dollars in his pocket and becoming a worldwide sensation within three years,” Mangold told the publication.

“It’s such an interesting true story at about such an interesting moment in the American scene, different characters from Woody Guthrie to Bob Dylan, to Pete Seeger to Joan Baez, all have a role to play in this movie,” the director added.

The biopic wad announced in 2020 with Chalamet attached.

The movie, with the working title “A Complete Unknown,” begins filming in August.

Sounds boring.

Ok but where is the Fleetwood Mac biopic? Silver Springs keeps growing in daily streams but I need that 1997 performance to go viral already

Wait i didn't even knew it was a thing let alone him casted..

I mean.. He has a good voice.. Hopefully his singing voice is too 

Watch out Harry Styles. Timothee coming for your throne :gaycat4:

The only time a star singing in a biopic was appropriate was when Jennifer Hudson did it. That's it. No one else should be doing their own singing when they're portraying such iconic people (and voices).

I mean... Bob Dylan isn't exactly a great singer so i don't think Timothée could possibly be THAT bad in comparison.

20 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Watch out Harry Styles. Timothee coming for your throne :gaycat4:

imagine the weeks at no. 1 on b200 if they decide to milk the entire soundtrack album out of him :jonnycat:

Edited by theoghon

16 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

The only time a star singing in a biopic was appropriate was when Jennifer Hudson did it. That's it. No one else should be doing their own singing when they're portraying such iconic people (and voices).

Timothée is a much better singer than Bob, I don’t see why this isn’t appropriate.

@OP He has a good voice, he’s more than capable 

I mean he can probably learn, Bob isn't a good singer and in learning his quirks, easy to impersonate.

He'll be fine, it's not like he's playing a vocalist.

40 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Ok but where is the Fleetwood Mac biopic? Silver Springs keeps growing in daily streams but I need that 1997 performance to go viral already

The recording and success of Rumors would make such a good movie. If I was a famous filmmaker I'd do this one instantly lmao.

He'll also be doing a lot of singing in Wonka later this year, so that should give us an idea of whether he's tone deaf or not.

I mean, he's not playing an amazing singer so Mr. Charmander may nail it.

Bob Dylan is a noted terrible singer so this shouldn't be a reach.

michael-jackson.gif

It's over for Harry :jonny6: Chalamanders, rise up!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.