remember the right-wing propaganda that Gen Z are more conservative than Millennials?

Aren

I remember this was a popular right-wing talking point a few years back. Conservatives and Republicans claimed that Gen Z were shaping up to become the most conservative generation in decades and rejected all the progressive and liberal ideas of Millennials. As we all know now, it turned out that Gen Z became an even more liberal and accepting version of Millennials, especially about LGBTQ issues. I love how conservatives took the L and pretend this theory never happened.

most gen z'ers are still teens who will definitely become more conservative as they grow and learn about the real world outside of social media

I don't think that the future generations will be more conservative than Millennials but it will def be interesting to see if that theory will get debunked 

Okay? I actually think that gen Z will be a lot more divided than you think… just as many of them are growing up in conservative echo chambers

9 minutes ago, liver said:

most gen z'ers are still teens who will definitely become more conservative as they grow and learn about the real world outside of social media

Millennials were supposed to do that as well, but that didn't really end up happening, so good luck booking that conservative shift

iB1XG3n.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/03/millennials-radicalism-not-getting-more-rightwing-with-age

20 minutes ago, liver said:

I don't think that the future generations will be more conservative than Millennials but it will def be interesting to see if that theory will get debunked 

If anything it’s the complete opposite. They might be more conservative now, but when they enter the adult world they’re going to see that simple things like home ownership seems out of reach entirely. Large fields like tech have recently been SLASHING wages because of mass layoffs and AI development, allowing companies more leverage in negotiating salaries despite rapid inflation everywhere else. If anything they’re going to end up the most liberal at the end of the day. 

Maybe they meant conservative in the sense that they’re the most socially conservative bed-ridden, bedroom-dwelling, confined to their phones chronically online generation. 

The circumstances that caused the older generations to "become more conservative as they aged" no longer exist for Gen Z and most Millennials. The older generations were raised on the idea that America is the best and all it takes to achieve the American dream is to work hard... and for the most part those things were true and worked. It's not like that anymore. Gen Z has virtually no future as this country continues to turn into a capitalistic hell scape, and these kids are not blind to what's happening. They're watching as their friends and loves ones get slaughtered, the cost of living and education becomes untouchable, and their elected representatives turn a blind eye to everything they want. These kids will only grow more bitter and jaded as they get older and will be the generation that fully rids this country of right-wing scum.

Just think about it... the people in power now won't do anything about guns because they grew up during a time when guns were good and guns were only used for "self defense". These kids, once they're in positions of power, will govern based on what they grew up on: carnage. They will be the generation that fully bans guns and they'll do it with a smile on their faces without a care in the world. And why would they care? The people who love guns let the kids around them be gunned down while turning the other cheek.

I really pity any future conservatives because these kids are coming for you.

52 minutes ago, liver said:

Lol. Gen Z already knows about the real world.  They were born and raised in it.  They know about the fear of an active shooter in their school, they know about the crushing debt required to get an education, they know they will struggle to ever own a home, they are or have friends that identify as part of the LGBT community and have no intention to dehumanize them.  

Its the boomers and the radical conservatives living in their own bubbles and fantasy worlds that need to understand how the world works. 

I mean

I was kind of scared..since they really can take stuff for granted

but they truly a living thru the HELL that right-wingers are putting them thru :deadbanana4:

That was never going to be the case.  Gen Z is the most global generation and is confronted with different cultures, ideologies, and realities constantly.  The labels of progressive and conservative do not mean much to them.  If anything, they are the most accepting yet indifferent generation.  They are already tired of putting up with the **** older generations have thrown at them and are very doubtful.

Edited by Archetype

Dr. Alexander

I vividly remember during the last Election that they filtered out every demographic except for Gen-Z (18-26) from the results, and every single state was Blue…

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

That was never going to be the case.  Gen Z is the most global generation and is confronted with different cultures, ideologies, and realities constantly.  The labels of progressive and conservative do not mean much to them.  If anything, they are the most accepting yet indifferent generation.  They are already tired of putting up with the **** older generations have thrown at them and are very doubtful.

This is a good take. 
I find that they just aren’t as conforming the way millennials were and are when it comes to maintaining the status quo. Millennials became the most productive generation, working for boomers and lining their pockets while simultaneously being disrespected and blamed by boomers for all the things wrong in the world. Millenials were abused and fleeced in ways Gen Z simply won’t tolerate to the same degree. Gen Z has a little more respect for their authentic selves in comparison and I wouldn’t be shocked to see the corporate driven two party system be rightfully challenged and/or dismantled by them in the future. 

no we said Gen Z is bigger snowflakes

29 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

I think is right

a group of CIS het boys = genz rep? :ahh:

Not that user posting a literal rightwing propagandist. :rip:

Young people are smart, they know what's for sale and unlike adults, they don't have to give in to the pressures to make ends meet.

Conservatives are OBSESSED with nonstop culture wars and 'boogeyman of the month'. Constantly demonizing groups is not a strategy for growth. I hope they keep it up, alienate as many people as possible, it's what Republicans deserve.

On 4/10/2023 at 12:58 PM, Komet blu said:

Millennials were supposed to do that as well, but that didn't really end up happening, so good luck booking that conservative shift

iB1XG3n.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/03/millennials-radicalism-not-getting-more-rightwing-with-age

This is a great chart. i didn't know this was happening :eek:

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah, those think pieces always reached for the most ridiculous things. I remember one article made the case that Gen Z “values ‘life’ more than any generation since Baby Boomers” and that means they’re anti-abortion… This was, obviously, all well before anyone in Gen-Z could even vote. Maybe they’ll have better luck with Gen Alpha.

Lots of good points in this thread, but I still think Gen Z is up for grabs. 

Right wingers believe Gen Z will be conservative because they are spending hundreds of millions in propaganda for Gen Z and the controlled indoctrination of future generations through the defunding of public education, selective censorship in schools and targeting academia.

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/15/2023 at 5:27 AM, Horizon Flame said:

Ask them about kink at Pride. 

Just because a few chronically-online losers use this to define their entire political ideology around this (non-)issue, that doesn’t mean a significant number of Gen Z does. 

On 4/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, liver said:

No, they literally wont lol. The kids of today aren't living in a world that will make them want to become more conservative, they're living in a world that is making them become the exact opposite. They're not growing up with the idea that the "American dream" is attainable, they're growing up with the idea that their adult lives are going to be spent working nonstop and barely being able to afford anything. They're not growing up with the idea that their government has their best interest at heart, they're growing up with the idea that their government doesn't care about them. They're growing up watching as their elected officials do nothing when they are slaughtered by gunmen with AR15s. They're growing up watching government officials ban their identities and attacking who they love.

We are not living in the same world the boomers or even the millennials grew up in. These kids are bitter, jaded, and fed the **** up, and they're going to grow up wanting revenge for all the bullshit they've gone through. They're going to ban guns, they're going to enact universal healthcare, they're going to rollback protections for Christians, they're going to do all the things they know need to be done in order people to live better lives, because they're the first generation in American history that isn't succumbing to the "America is the best and it cannot be changed" propagandized mentality.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:30 AM, unclefloprry said:

I think is right

This is right outside St. Joseph’s Catholic High School in Canada. All the cishet males there was protesting for their catholic friend getting expelled (over being transphobic) and that was a counter-protestor raising the transgender flag in the middle of the lion's den. 

Do not post propaganda. :heart2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.