I’m I the only one who loves Ryan Gosling as Ken?

Kimmo

Everyone is dragging him for being 40 and playing Ken, but I actually love it…

spacer.png

Perhaps they should’ve left his hair blonde and not white, other than that he looks amazing!

spacer.png

Im also excited for Simu!!!

spacer.png

Well it's yet to be seen, so far it looks like he is only playing a dumb guy to prop up the girl and he can certainly do that.

J9jhP70.gif

"cuz we're girlfren boyfren" is iconic 

I do think they could've made him look younger though - some of the makeup is kind of tragic

I love the direction they went. It's giving aged out fried bi twunk which is much more interesting than another generic pretty boy meatball. 

They could’ve given sis some Botox.. something chile. He looks creepy and grown, while the rest of the cast looks plastic the way they’re supposed to.  

I don’t know why people care that much. It’s really not a big deal

I don’t like it at all.

I get that is supposed to be a satire but still, can we get new actors? Why do they have to cast the same actors over and over again? I’m pretty sure they could’ve gotten a young hot actor who can play dumb, it ain’t hard if they’re hot :coffee2:

I don't think the hair color they chose for him did him justice, but I love him and am excited to see him as Ken :chick1:

9 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I love the direction they went. It's giving aged out fried bi twunk which is much more interesting than another generic pretty boy meatball. 

this! he looks kind of a hot mess and I'm here for it. I hope it's not me in my 40s but still

J9jhP70.gif

No, in fact I worship Ryan Gosling and I'm very excited for this movie.

He's a God and looks hot af as Ken and will slay.

As long as his performance and the movie are good, he's fine, those are the most important things, for the rest it's just not his best look.

55 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

:clap3:

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

that hair ages him 10 years :rip:

He’s an amazing actor but the all white hair is giving Mike Pence, his natural sandy blonde is perfect.

Who said Ken has to be 20?.

Why is 40 too old?

Edited by vale9001

i don't like the casting choice but not just because of his age, i don't think his face is giving Ken doll at all. he looks like some guy a bit too much, they should've picked someone who looks more like a doll, not a hot guy who lives down the street.

that being said, the movie is all about Barbie and Ken is just there to prop her up, so it doesn't matter massively. they got the Barbie casting right and that's what matters.

Pretty obviously done by Gerwig as a critique that men don't deal with ageism :ryan: So transparent what she's gonna try to do with this movie. Hopefully this **** heap of a movie doesn't destroy Robbie's career because it's serving great green screens, beautiful green screens

Oh he looks great in most of the pics ive seen but I feel as if they just should have gone for someone closer to 25 than 40. there are plenty young male hunks out there that can do a role like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.