Gallup: Most Muslim-Majority nations polled lack trust in America, doubt motives

Communion

FtNRq91X0AARZp6?format=jpg&name=large

FtNRq91X0AARZp6?format=jpg&name=large

FtNajUOXsAE9ziM?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Communion

Is this supposed to be shocking? Anyone could tell you this.

Also, Pakistan is going to be thrilled that they are included as "Middle East" in the first tweet :toofunny3:.

Yet they dont mind taking all that foreign aid. 

And we don't trust them either. They're putting cameras in all locations now to catch women not covering their faces. Their human rights abuses are barbaric. Let's not even get into the punishment inflicted if you're found out to be gay.

• The State of Southeast Asia 2021 survey indicates that Southeast Asians’ trust in China continues to trend downward, in contrast to the US’ improved trust ratings.

https://www.iseas.edu.sg/articles-commentaries/iseas-perspective/iseas-perspective-2021-15-southeast-asians-declining-trust-in-china-by-hoang-thi-ha/

Well duh. We illegally invaded Iraq for completely bs reasons and we continue to artificially prop up Israel's military capacity so they can continue to steal more land beyond what was already given to them. I wouldn't blame them for hating us, let alone having a reasonable amount of distrust.

Who can blame them this country is trash

52 minutes ago, Danny789 said:

Who can blame them this country is trash

Why don’t you try living in the Middle East, dear? 

serving

jrAroca.gif

and

BVM1my5.gif

I fear 

…this is news to someone? The feeling is generally mutual 

Surprise surprise, another shallow attempt to drag the US. It’s no surprise that nations with a Muslim majority (most of which do not have nearly as many equality/human rights [and yes, I get that I’m saying this as lgbtq+ individuals are being attacked through drag/trans bans are being introduced]) have very different societal standards in place. The USA is certainly not perfect and has many issues but in this case, it’s pretty obvious that those countries with radically different views on what is societally acceptable wouldn’t generally trust or look kindly upon other countries who’s views don’t align with their own. People distrusting those different from themselves is hardly a new or unheard of concept. 

didn't the U.S kill a lot of people in the middle east and make the situation there worse? i don't blame them tbh, the US interferes too much 

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Surprise surprise, another shallow attempt to drag the US. It’s no surprise that nations with a Muslim majority (most of which do not have nearly as many equality/human rights [and yes, I get that I’m saying this as lgbtq+ individuals are being attacked through drag/trans bans are being introduced]) have very different societal standards in place. The USA is certainly not perfect and has many issues but in this case, it’s pretty obvious that those countries with radically different views on what is societally acceptable wouldn’t generally trust or look kindly upon other countries who’s views don’t align with their own. People distrusting those different from themselves is hardly a new or unheard of concept. 

It’s not the social differences that are the problem. Middle Eastern countries don’t trust us because we invade, pillage, and destabilize them, and then leave them vulnerable to extremist cells that seek revenge for what we’ve done.

6 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

And we don't trust them either. They're putting cameras in all locations now to catch women not covering their faces. Their human rights abuses are barbaric. Let's not even get into the punishment inflicted if you're found out to be gay.

3 hours ago, Cain said:

Most of the world does

Even most Americans dont trust their own govt.

The problem with Middle Eastern countries is first and foremost the dictatorial leaders and the way religion directly influences the minds of the majority. The only exceptions where I think America has done more bad than good are in the case of Iraq and the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

8 hours ago, Eternal220 said:

Yet they dont mind taking all that foreign aid. 

That's the least America can do after destroying those countries :redface:

32 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

The problem with Middle Eastern countries is first and foremost the dictatorial leaders and the way religion directly influences the minds of the majority. The only exceptions where I think America has done more bad than good are in the case of Iraq and the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

You’re saying this in a pro-American manner? :skull:

Those who live mostly in dictatorships ruled by a backwards oppressive conservative ideology dislike a Western country. Shocking!

Not like Americans trust them either :rip: what exactly are Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran doing to advance democracy in their region?

11 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

Why don’t you try living in the Middle East, dear? 

Is that supposed to somehow make this country any better? Idk why people from the US take anything critical about the country like a personal attack. 

Edited by Danny789

4 hours ago, Dephira said:

Not like Americans trust them either :rip: what exactly are Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran doing to advance democracy in their region?

and what is America doing in that regard in theirs? :rip:

the western bias and american exceptionalism seeping through some replies in this thread :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.