How do you meet new friends as an adult?

GraceRandolph

On 4/7/2023 at 8:24 AM, #Beautiful said:

oh and as for peoples replies above: YOUR WORK COLLEAGUES ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. dont move through life thinking otherwise, ever

What I've found is you can make one or two close friends at work but yeah don't go telling everyone and anyone your business. Once you leave a job you can become proper friends with ex colleagues.

Quite a few of my friends are people I used to work with :cm:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayG

• #Beautiful

• Solaria

• cockatoo

On 4/7/2023 at 8:43 AM, Love Again said:

See I see this kind of advice ALL the time, not just on here but also on Twitter and TikTok. ‘Don’t trust your colleagues’ ‘Everyone at work will throw you under the bus’

This must be a USA workplace thing right? Cause I rarely hear that kind of advice over here

I think it's only really applicable if you work at one of those super competitive corporate jobs. Like here in the UK the only people I know who have this experience work at big finance or law firms.

MadonnasBoyfriend

I just found out my f bud that I never talk to much is obsessed with Elvis. He's so fricking hot to:alexz:My advice is to get to know your f buds brains also

All my friends come from either work (including previous employers), university and a small handful I keep in touch from high school.

Idg these comments about meeting people at bars and clubs, because I've been going to bars and clubs for nearly 10 years and NONE of the people I've met out I ever stay in touch with outside of following eachother on Instagram :rip: 

You meet friends by sliding into DMs of an ATRLer that lives near you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.