How has having a tattoo affected your corporate job career?

Before Today

So, how has it affected you? At the workplace, has anyone said anything or noticed it? Have you lost a job opportunity after they found out you are tatted (like after medical checkup)? Or you lose eligibility on applying for a scholarship because of it?

More importantly, on which area of your body do you have tattoos?

I find it weird that this is a thing in corporate world.

i work in healthcare and a lot of doctors or nurses have tattoos in visible places and they are doing fine. Or maybe it’s just my workplace 

I work in fine art, so it doesn’t matter :gaycat2: Our clients often compliment my ink. 

I have tattoos on my shoulder, bicep, and forearm, so they’re visible if I’m wearing a polo or have my sleeves rolled up. 

No one can see mine. I have one on my back. 

I regret it every time I’m reminded of it. Thankfully, I don’t have to see it unless I’m looking at it in the mirror. :laugh:

The only person who sees it is my man when he’s hittin it from the back. I do feel self conscious about it. :gaycat6:

Edited by SoldierofLove

Not at all. I got hired with a slightly noticeable tattoo that I have on peeking out my neck and I just got a finger tattoo last week. I have others that are hidden

well here in brazil doesn't matter what area u work with i don't see it affecting u unless it's like a full arm tattoo

even if it's noticeable, i just don't see it getting in ur way of finding a job

if your whole arm is tattoed for example or u want idk a tattoo in ur face it can affect u negatively tho if u want a more "serious" job like being an attorney.

but i don't see 1 or 2 tattoos having a negative impact in any job. 

Edited by Selegend

none what so ever. I work in a bank and we do not discriminate against visible tattoos, hair color, and most ways of expressing yourself.  

I have tattoos on my arms and my company doesn’t care, some of my managers and bosses even compliment them :gaycat4:

I think its only problem if its highly political or offensive ones?  

I may start working soon and manager asked me if i have any tattoos and i showed them and she said its ok. 

I don’t have any tattoos. But I can’t see this being an issue if you don’t have it in a visible area?

I would really like to get a tattoo of a platform heel, to commemorate a dead loved one of mine. I’m thinking of getting it on my upper thigh. 

It hasn't at all. I work in a bank and have tattoos on my forearms and it's not like I'm covering it, I do not. I've only heard some compliments.

Lol my corporate job doesn’t care. I wanna get a sleeve at some point and I highly doubt they’ll do anything about it.

The fact that until this day when you travel to Japan with tattoos on your body you arent allowed to enter and join onsen hot springs. Stupid ****

No impact at all. I don't strip naked during work. 

get a work from home job. your bosses will be in another country / continent, you'll never meet a colleague, do your work wherever, dont let them rule you

Countess Luann Covers Fleetwood Mac at Cabaret Show - Celebria - ATRL

MadonnasBoyfriend

The employers are right to think they are icky.

1613294941_lisabarlow2.thumb.gif.9da8d4d

When everyone and their mother has a tattoo it's not edgy anymore. Not having any is edgy and looks better.

Hot topic is hiring

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

42 minutes ago, Before Today said:

So, how has it affected you? At the workplace, has anyone said anything or noticed it? Have you lost a job opportunity after they found out you are tatted (like after medical checkup)? Or you lose eligibility on applying for a scholarship because of it?

More importantly, on which area of your body do you have tattoos?

is losing your job because of a tattoo some american thing ? :deadbanana4:

but no not at all,  i have tattoos on my arms and multiple earrings and yet i work in a super bougie, conservative milieu but they couldn’t care less 

maybe that’s just france for you but i could show up in a crop top and a nipple piercing and they wouldn’t even notice 

28 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

No one can see mine. I have one on my back. 

I regret it every time I’m reminded of it. Thankfully, I don’t have to see it unless I’m looking at it in the mirror. :laugh:

The only person who sees it is my man when he’s hittin it from the back. I do feel self conscious about it. :gaycat6:

is it a tramp stamp? :rip:

I work for a private business school in Europe doing translation and editing work... no problems, no (negative) comments, no requests for me to cover up.

I don't have any never had the desire but no one in corporate jobs really cares 

My only visible tattoo is a knuckle tattoo on my right hand. Nobody cared when I got it 5 years ago.

Mine are all somewhere I can hide wearing a shirt and pants so no issues here

The only place I hear about corporate jobs is here :skull: literally everyone I know is in the healthcare, IT, or a blue-collar worker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.