Texas bill would replace school guidance counselors w/ untrained Christian chaplains

Vermillion

Oh yikes. This country is hell 

******* predators just keep preying on kids. 

They’re so obsessed with grooming everyone’s children, it’s why they’re so convinced that’s what gay people because it’s all that they do 

Interesting, considering Christian church representatives have a well-documented multi-century history of predatory behavior toward kids :giraffe: 

Edited by Reginald

• ATRL Moderator

There’s no way that could pass, right? :deadbanana:

That would be illegal 

@OP Your thread title is false considering it hasn’t happened.  You need to add “would” in the title.  

God am am so sick of being in the same country as them.  Can we just let them leave and suffer the consequences of their own actions? 

I'm pretty sure there's a line between school and church they are not allowed to cross.

This used to be unconstitutional because of the 1st Amendment/separation of church and state, but who knows now with this new conservative supreme court.  

29 minutes ago, Archetype said:

That would be illegal 

@OP Your thread title is false considering it hasn’t happened.  You need to add “would” in the title.  

There's bills and there's laws. It mostly came down to title room as opposed to semantics but I made two subsequent edits anyways. 

23 minutes ago, Espresso said:

There's bills and there's laws. It mostly came down to title room as opposed to semantics but I made two subsequent edits anyways. 

Thank you legend 

The way they just keep pushing further and further off the deep end....

an embarrassing, pathetic excuse for a country :coffee2:

2 hours ago, Helios said:

People thinking Texas represents the entire country on here. :deadbanana2:

Trust me when other red states will follow suite if this goes thru. This is a pseudo CIVIL WAR. Red states vs  blue states.  The lines have been DRAWN.

If Joe doesn’t go wake his sleepy ass up and come down on these damn states already! 

1 hour ago, FreeXone said:

Trust me when other red states will follow suite if this goes thru. This is a pseudo CIVIL WAR. Red states vs  blue states.  The lines have been DRAWN.

If Joe doesn’t go wake his sleepy ass up and come down on these damn states already! 

Not you finding some way to make this about Joe Biden. He really lives rent free in OBHs minds. :deadbanana2: 

6 minutes ago, Helios said:

Not you finding some way to make this about Joe Biden. He really lives rent free in OBHs minds. :deadbanana2: 

Well he does!! It is turning into a **** show how these states are slowly turning facist and authoritarian 

6 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Well he does!! It is turning into a **** show how these states are slowly turning facist and authoritarian 

Elections have consequences. There's only so much a SINGLE person can do. Its the voters in each state that are allowing it to happen. There has been a HARD shift to the right in recent elections worldwide including the US. The only reason Dems have won the past 2 national elections is because Trump is a DISASTROUS candidate. :dies: Republican voters are insane and we cant forget the idiotic undecided voters. :cm:

Edited by Helios

1 minute ago, Helios said:

Elections have consequences. There's only so much a SINGLE person can do. Its the voters in each state that are allowing it to happen. There has been a HARD shift to the right in recent elections worldwide including the US. The only reason Dems have won the past 2 national elections is because Trump is a DISASTROUS candidate. :dies: Republican voters are insane and we cant forget the idiotic independents. :cm:

It’s cause the dems always role over and don’t fight they too stuck on BIPARTISAN and being middle of the road. 2016 is all their fault. They knew good and well Hillary was the worst candidate ever all they did was reinvigorate the reactionary gop from the 90s but times 10

4 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

It’s cause the dems always role over and don’t fight they too stuck on BIPARTISAN and being middle of the road. 2016 is all their fault. They knew good and well Hillary was the worst candidate ever all they did was reinvigorate the reactionary gop from the 90s but times 10

Hillary was quite literally the most qualified candidate in decades. Even Republicans admitted that which is why they were terrified her. NOBODY expected Trump to win. It was honestly a shock. I do agree about the middle of the road thing but I think they were really effective these past 2 years navigating out of the pandemic and passing a LOT of things with a tight majority. :michael: People just look at Biden and say fix it old man but he cant do much without congress.  Either way even if he wins another 4 years I can see Red states getting even MORE crazy and fascist. :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.