Did F•R•I•E•N•D•S age well?

GraceRandolph

Did the show Friends age well or not?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. ¿?

spacer.png

Did it?

No show from that time has aged as well as Friends. Hence why it remains so unbelievably popular

still popular in 2023 so yeah it has i guess 

Well, it's still a bad show. So I guess it did :giraffe:

Some jokes in the show haven't aged well but I think the show overall still holds up, there's a reason it's so popular. Yeah it's easily digestable but it also doesn't have a truly terrible season and was consistent throughout it's entire run.

Wish the Joey x Rachel storyline never happend though

The obsession with entertainment aging well is so dumb. Who cares. People are worser today than they were back then. 

Edited by princedonte

No... While its sucesfull most of the humor is based on someone being fat, or gay or a women.

49 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Yeah it's easily digestable but it also doesn't have a truly terrible season and was consistent throughout it's entire run.

Yeah this is basically it. Like is it amazingly written tv? No absolutely not. But is it easy viewing and mildly entertaining? Yes

I think if I was around when it was on tv and had to tune in every week to watch a new episode, I wouldn't have bothered. But it's pretty easy to binge

Aged horribly. I’m embarrassed to admit that I used to watch it.

I really don't think it aged that badly. Like, of course there's the fact that most of the season was filmed Pre-9/11 and pre-smart phones and social media, but other than that, the show was not particularly offensive in anyway. 

spacer.png

Sure. It’s timeless 

The Nanny is the superior 90s sitcom, but Friends is still good

Edited by Valentine

• ATRL Moderator

Yep. From the shows of its era, it’s easily aged the best. 

1 hour ago, LittleStarmen said:

No... While its sucesfull most of the humor is based on someone being fat, or gay or a women.

Post examples. 

3 hours ago, awong918 said:

b1878bf8467f0df3d9e89fa0986bd1a1.png

Wow its held up exceedingly well even increasing in 2021. 

I don’t like it but the answer is obviously yes. It’s still referenced and popular.

I never found it funny, I would say no. There's something about the whole atmosphere of the show that makes me want to like it, but I just don't think it's funny.

A lot of the jokes aged badly, but it is still a popular show. However, it’s quite cringy to admit you are a fan of the show

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.