• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• san784

• Hot Volcano

4 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

Admittedly yes, but whenever black people show up on the show, they were portraited in positive light eg. Ross gf, Joey neighbor

Right, Charlie was literally a PhD professor :deadbanana2: Why do people try so hard to paint this show as racist and the likes. So what the main cast was all white, it's literally just 6 people. They act like it's a group of 20 friends and all were white

Glad i have seen an episode of friends, but I am currently enjoying seasons 2 of abbot :clap3:

Does she have Latinos and Asians on her shows because of she doesn’t. This pretty interesting for someone who cares about representation. 

24 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Does she have Latinos and Asians on her shows because of she doesn’t. This pretty interesting for someone who cares about representation. 

This question was already answered on a previous page. Try again.

Y'all getting this angry over a joke is serving mircoaggression lowkey :deadbanana2:

It's a valid criticism but this joke is so overused. Come up with wittier jokes SNL! 

call 'em out queen and this is from someone who thinks Friends is a good show but the lack of diversity is embarrassing esp considering how the show is based in NYC

802a160f6ac8256d0f08c27795aa8bab.jpg

sorry not srry

4 hours ago, Gaia said:

Right, Charlie was literally a PhD professor :deadbanana2: Why do people try so hard to paint this show as racist and the likes. So what the main cast was all white, it's literally just 6 people. They act like it's a group of 20 friends and all were white

i remember when i watched early eps several years after they aired, and i was pleasantly surprised that there was a long term love interest who was asian, and probably the best match for ross in the whole show

The show ended 20 yrs ago r we supposed to go back in time and make it less white?

The friends hate is such a funny meme to me. How are you still pressed about a sitcom that ended 20+ years ago about some dummies that lived in New York?

12 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Hmmm but i see only white and black people in her show.
FsuICkeacAAffT1?format=jpg&name=360x360

Where are the latinos? east asians? middle eastern? gays?
Thats problematic. Not diverse enough quinta

They do have a stereotypical annoying nerdy white gay “twink” as the main cast tho :eli:

10 hours ago, Bimbo said:

atrl serving Daily Mail lately :rip: 

the accuracy :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

They just won't stop complaining right? Lol

who's they? :confused:

15 hours ago, Miichael said:

I mean, it's just a joke it's not that deep :skull:

But it is kinda interesting that this commentary continues around Friends to this day and has become a running gag atp, yet so many other sitcoms and TV shows from that era (Seinfeld, Frasier, Will & Grace, SATC) also all had all-white main casts and literally nobody cares :rip:

SATC gets a lot of the same criticism. I remember seeing Cynthia Nixon address it in a interview once.

FRIENDS will never be cancelled or go away, accept it. It was a cultural phenomenon for a lot of people around the world. This started airing 30 years ago, it’s so cringe to compare it to todays world view and try to shed a bad light on it. 

17 hours ago, Limitless said:

Living Single was the blueprint for Friends and was an all black cast—people seem to forget that. 

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

14 hours ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Friends is trule iconic :clap3:

That’s why their mad no one would care if it wasn’t successful 

4 hours ago, dabunique said:

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

Well then show is available now go make it a steaming giant 

9 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

SATC gets a lot of the same criticism. I remember seeing Cynthia Nixon address it in a interview once.

and now we get the awfulness of and just like that, but it's diverse. mission accomplished ig

To be fair the only thing i find offensive about Friends is how not funny it is. I tried to watch it for the first time a few years ago and holy **** is it boring. How something like that became such a massive phenomenon i have no idea :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.