Do You Feel ‘Deceived’ By Non-Dairy Milk Options?

GraceRandolph

Do you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you????

• Yes, I feel deceived by almond milk etc.
    • No, I can tell these products apart and understand why they are labeled as milk

Bipartisan legislation called The Defending Against Imitations and Replacements of Yogurt, Milk, and Cheese to Promote Regular Intake of Dairy Everyday Act aka DAIRY PRIDE ACT of 2023 takes aim at plant-based alternatives to dairy milk, claiming it is unjust for these products to be labeled milk, and that these options deceive consumers. Are you duped by almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, oat milk, or other alternatives? Do you think these are the same as dairy milks?

Edited by GraceRandolph
Finger me like a typo

Why would an inteillgwnt person think that Almond Milk is the same as Milk when they literally have different names?

4 minutes ago, Jaay said:

Why would an inteillgwnt person think that Almond Milk is the same as Milk when they literally have different names?

“Wisconsin’s dairy farmers produce second-to-none products with the highest nutritional value and imitation products have gotten away with using dairy’s good name without meeting those standards. The Biden Administration’s guidance that allows non-dairy products to use dairy names is just wrong, and I’m proud to take a stand for Wisconsin farmers and the quality products they make. Our bipartisan DAIRY PRIDE Act will protect our dairy farmers and ensure consumers know the nutritional value of what they are purchasing.” - Tammy Baldwin

The rise of vegan milks has people scared, and instead of adapting to market/consumer changes they are trying to make vegan milks look bad. :rip:

I'm pretty sure the only one pushing the deception card is the dairy industry. Everyone else seems to get that alternative milks exist for a range of reasons that all boil down to "it's not the same product".

No, and it’s what the dairy industry deserves for their milk propaganda and for forcing schools to put up those lame 2000s milk mustache ads in every elementary school !

3 minutes ago, Poxy said:

No, and it’s what the dairy industry deserves for their milk propaganda and for forcing schools to put up those lame 2000s milk mustache ads in every elementary school !

I swear every celebrity in the 00’s did those corny milk mustache ads. :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator

Why the hell are we even having a conversation about passing legislation to address the “issue” of plant-based milks being called milks?

I know it’s corruption from big dairy. But it’s so cartoonish on its face that it’s impossible to take seriously.

10 minutes ago, Poxy said:

Wake it up!

plant do not make milk as they is not mammals

Only idiots can't tell the difference between dairy and plant based milks. 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

“Wisconsin’s dairy farmers produce second-to-none products with the highest nutritional value and imitation products have gotten away with using dairy’s good name without meeting those standards. The Biden Administration’s guidance that allows non-dairy products to use dairy names is just wrong, and I’m proud to take a stand for Wisconsin farmers and the quality products they make. Our bipartisan DAIRY PRIDE Act will protect our dairy farmers and ensure consumers know the nutritional value of what they are purchasing.” - Tammy Baldwin

The rise of vegan milks has people scared, and instead of adapting to market/consumer changes they are trying to make vegan milks look bad. :rip:

This makes no sense 

u have to be brain dead to think that almond, soy, cashew or whatever other plant based milk is the same as cow milk… 

These are non-dairy milk substitutes. They are not milk. But calling them nut juice or something like that sounds weird. 

And you have coconut milk which comes from the coconut. That's not dairy either. 

2 hours ago, discosean said:

These are non-dairy milk substitutes. They are not milk. But calling them nut juice or something like that sounds weird. 

And you have coconut milk which comes from the coconut. That's not dairy either. 

Nut juice :rip:

some brands use DRINK instead of milk, but either way - I don't get the issue at all

also vegan milk and yogurts >>> 

The Defending Against Imitations and Replacements of Yogurt, Milk, and Cheese to Promote Regular Intake of Dairy Everyday Act aka DAIRY PRIDE ACT of 2023 

These convoluted act names just to spell something always take me out :bibliahh:Also, 'dairy pride' wtff :bibliahh:

Here in EU, the plant-based dairy alternatives are labeled that way - soy drink, almond drink etc. Tbh I never considered those as milk so it makes sense to me. 

10 hours ago, discosean said:

https://i.imgur.com/17HSMdI.gif

You’d need to be brain dead or a toddler to find this confusing.  Absolutely no one thinks vegan milks are the same as dairy milk, and for a good reason considering vegan milks are just much better.  Humans aren’t even supposed to be able to drink or consume dairy after adolescence, large parts of the world cannot tolerate dairy.

They did the same in my country and now no diary milk is called drink like soy drink :bibliahh:

No, it was literally never a real issue to anyone but we already have a law in my country that bans these products from being referred to as milk because someone somewhere was paid to think it was an issue that needs to be addressed

It is deceptive to call them milk.

15 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

It is deceptive to call them milk.

Is it though? 

28 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Is it though? 

Milk is a white liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals.

3 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

Milk is a white liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals.

So calling almond milk almond milk is misleading even though many people cannot drink dairy milk due to lactose intolerance or other medical issues? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.