Study: Americans earn more just to die faster than the rest of the developed world

Communion

This data is really bad but when you take into account the stagnation of wages, rampant debt from health-care checking and overwhelming poverty, you come go realize that wow, America hasn't been great for the poor since forever.

I wonder if there's something a group of people have been saying to do that would address this? Nah, probably not, we probably need to ease taxes on the rich and bailout failed endeavors for them too! Also, wtf, why would free healthcare help, let's be realistic peepull!

Thanks, Joe, Obama, trump, Bush, Reagan and Clinton! :clap3:

Horizon Flame
16 hours ago, Star dance said:

the data is really bad but it is a codis year which probably makes things look worse for the us. i think thw 2023 will show at least marginly smaller gap.

the us average worker works about 100 hours a year more than a uk worker. 

the us has higher smoking rate(25% to 19%)

hihger obeseity rate(36% to 28%)

higher drug use by far. both legal medical drugs and illigal ones.

the water is more pollouted(100 in the uk, 86 in the us. the higher the better)

the food is filled with many poisions that are not allowed in the uk. and if they are the us still probably has more than the same things in the uk.

and by this point eveyone knows about the state of health care in the us. the uk system has also recived a lot of critism but it covers the average uk citizen better than the us one. and it's not only life saving treatments, i'm also talking about preventive healthcare which is just as important. since the us work balance is worse they are less likely to take treatments even if they are covered since they are time poor.

i do excpet from the us data to atleast come back a little back next year but coming back to 2019 seems pretty far away. you also cannot explain those data by poverty because the top 10% of americans bearly live as much as the median people in the uk

Codis year?

Too much work too little time off. 

they are worked like dogs 

plus the poor quality food full of additives, hormones, antibiotics and god knows what else that is banned in the rest of the world 

On 4/1/2023 at 11:02 AM, RunUpDoneUp said:

This data is really bad but when you take into account the stagnation of wages, rampant debt from health-care checking and overwhelming poverty, you come go realize that wow, America hasn't been great for the poor since forever.

I wonder if there's something a group of people have been saying to do that would address this? Nah, probably not, we probably need to ease taxes on the rich and bailout failed endeavors for them too! Also, wtf, why would free healthcare help, let's be realistic peepull!

Thanks, Joe, Obama, trump, Bush, Reagan and Clinton! :clap3:

Plus, we should stop blaming the system and the ones benefiting from it and instead start holding the individual workers based on anedoctal evidence accountable! 

People are just LAZY and don't want to get their fat asses out of the couch. Nothing to do with an extremely exploitative and inhumane system that doesn't give a **** about the proletariat besides what it can extract out of them whilst giving nothing back in exchange!  :giraffe:

2 weeks annual leave would be would soul crushing and the food in the US has so many chemicals and **** added to it. I’m assuming the gun violence and generally high murder rate is also a contributing factor. 

On 4/1/2023 at 12:32 AM, Harrier said:

im sure 60+ hour work weeks and 2 weeks of annual leave don't help matters. some jobs dont even have sick leave. genuinely i do not know how americans do it

On 4/1/2023 at 4:27 AM, Cain said:

This would absolutely be the end of me omg

I find 5 weeks already marginal :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Robert said:

2 weeks annual leave would be would soul crushing and the food in the US has so many chemicals and **** added to it. I’m assuming the gun violence and generally high murder rate is also a contributing factor. 

I've..... got some bad news for y'all about how much sick leave most Americans actually get.

statistic_id1260743_number-of-sick-days-

13 minutes ago, Communion said:

I've..... got some bad news for y'all about how much sick leave most Americans actually get.

statistic_id1260743_number-of-sick-days-

This is so grim! And then you consider medical costs out of pocket, and the number of people who aren't having their ilnesses diagnosed because they're not seeing doctors. Jesus.

You do get 10 days of annual holiday leave though right? I was under the impression that was legally enforced but is it not??? :deadbanana2:

Everyone here is so used to getting 4 weeks + 10 days sick leave, every job has at least that. I know that in a few European countries its even more. Getting nothing is unimaginable to me and I am genuinely sorry for all the US girlies facing that

19 minutes ago, Harrier said:

This is so grim! And then you consider medical costs out of pocket, and the number of people who aren't having their ilnesses diagnosed because they're not seeing doctors. Jesus.

You do get 10 days of annual holiday leave though right? I was under the impression that was legally enforced but is it not??? :deadbanana2:

Everyone here is so used to getting 4 weeks + 10 days sick leave, every job has at least that. I know that in a few European countries its even more. Getting nothing is unimaginable to me and I am genuinely sorry for all the US girlies facing that

No, those figures come from the number of federally observed holidays for government employees.

Private employers aren't legally obligated to recognize federal holidays and give employees paid time off.

Many private corporations end up observing about half of the federal ones:

• These usually get observed: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
  • These very less frequently: MLK Jr Day, President's Day, Juneteenth, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day

About one-third of American workers though work in an industry or role where they have neither paid holidays or paid time off.

6 hours ago, Communion said:

About one-third of American workers though work in an industry or role where they have neither paid holidays or paid time off.

What the actual ****??? So you just work 52 weeks of the year? Idk how people manage

That’s actually sick. By law here employers are forced to give their employees at least 4 weeks of paid holiday

7 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Now compare UK to Scandinavian countries :coffee:

This tbh. We are all losers when we bring them into the picture :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

UK is one of the worst countries in Europe in terms of working rights (anyone who's ever been on a zero hour contract will know how much it can suck). The fact it's still so far above the USA shows how ****** the US system is. Even minimum wage in the USA is only $7.50 although some states have implemented a higher amount. 

On 4/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, Rosenda said:

England is the most obese country in Europe tho. Yall only eat burgers and deep fried ****. No wonder yall have the smallest dicks in the West as well 

:skull: 

Something you guys forget is that American exceptionalism is a real thing. The US will never be like the UK or Europe because US culturally created the system like this how we have today. US is highly individualistic and many issues are treated as falling in the individual not the community as whole. 

US does have a lot of deep issues but a huge chunk of the problem also is people refusing to participate to make improvements in their lives. instead many trying to blaim others for their misfortunates. 

Things that the government should improve on to make Americans lives easier are expanding disability benefits, close tax loopholes for the rich and really slap them hard, stop offshoring jobs, increase funding for trade jobs and incourage it, make corporations to give holiday off to workers, more pay sick leave, maternal leave needs to be expanded at a federal level and caregiving should provided by state and federal governments. 

everything else is all on the individual imo. 

• ATRL Moderator
20 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Something you guys forget is that American exceptionalism is a real thing. The US will never be like the UK or Europe because US culturally created the system like this how we have today. US is highly individualistic and many issues are treated as falling in the individual not the community as whole. 

US does have a lot of deep issues but a huge chunk of the problem also is people refusing to participate to make improvements in their lives. instead many trying to blaim others for their misfortunates. 

Things that the government should improve on to make Americans lives easier are expanding disability benefits, close tax loopholes for the rich and really slap them hard, stop offshoring jobs, increase funding for trade jobs and incourage it, make corporations to give holiday off to workers, more pay sick leave, maternal leave needs to be expanded at a federal level and caregiving should provided by state and federal governments. 

everything else is all on the individual imo. 

You didn’t even mention anything about healthcare, housing costs, or wages :skull: 

The fact that you truly think a large portion of the population is just sitting around waiting for help from a government that clearly doesn’t care about them :deadbanana4:

On 4/3/2023 at 8:18 AM, bjorn said:

This

England is in inevitable decline since their glory days during the industrial revolution. So it is expected that things would become worse.

They describe it like a slow puncture in a car tyre.

UK economy could be comparable to “Slovakia” in 10 years - says economist Duncan Weldon

Brexit is causing unprecedented decline that would cause the next generation dreaming of getting a well paid job in Warsaw (Poland).

Like how Italy used to be economically as strong as Germany and France. Suddenly they became like Spain.

When economics are messed up, the population has to adjust the poorer way of life like how the poorer countries are doing.

On 4/1/2023 at 4:07 AM, Navy4Life said:

Maybe the life expectancy will get better if they deep fry it? 

:skull:

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

You didn’t even mention anything about healthcare, housing costs, or wages :skull: 

The fact that you truly think a large portion of the population is just sitting around waiting for help from a government that clearly doesn’t care about them :deadbanana4:

That’s actually my bad housing is a huge issue I am not sure what can be done about it since housing is capitalist issue. The only thing I can think of is increase public housing, and stop foreign companies from purchasing housing, corporations from Wall Street should not be allowed to buy residential housing. I do believe there should be a market cap for renting also in a federal level.

As for healthcare I think this greatly matters more on a state level. I work in healthcare and people biggest bills that don’t get talked about are long term care. That’s what drives prices very high. There plenty non profits and services that can help the working class pay their bills or lower it by a large margin. I live in California and there many ways to able to afford healthcare even if you don’t have health insurance. The main bad guys in healthcare industry are actually the hospitals themselves they overtly charge health insurance companies for cost of the service. I remember when I had covid my insurance had to pay $100 for their equipment and I someone who knows the cost it I tell covid equipment does not cost $100 per patient. At most it will cost in reality $10. Plus hospitals love keeping patients for a whole 7 days because they get more money out of it. 

I think the only way the federal government can counter this at a federal level will be to built non-profit hospitals throughout the US. Pricing at a hospital stay and services will be largely far more affordable or at least cost 50% less in general compared to a for-profit-hospitals. There is entire directory online that shows which hospitals are non-profit and which are not. 

2 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

The main bad guys in healthcare industry are actually the hospitals themselves they overtly charge

You mean American healthcare is bad because reimbursements are overly inflated? I wonder if someone has proposed a system where the reimbursements to providers are set at specific, government-approved levels. :celestial5:

Also does America have the most hectic death tax out of all the western countries... what a coincidence :oh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.