Should I try stay in touch or leave my.... friend??, I guess?

Bloodflowers.

Okay, so here is the short story version.... We were dating for 2 months but decided to stay as friends rather to persue a relationship. He said to me that we should stay in touch and even went to see Scream 6 in cinema with me afterwords. However after all that, he kinda became cold. I always message first, and he seems to replay back uninteresting to my messages. I know he is about to start a new job, but I honestly want us to be best friends. Does he feel bad because we had our first kiss and were holding hands so he now feels awkward about staying friends? This is so hard for me because I really want us to stay as close friends. I don't want us to be boyfriends since it's not meant to be, as I didn't feel romantically connected to him and it showed, and I would be happy for him if he was seeing someone else. Maybe that's the thing? He is seeing someone else and it feels awkward for him to communicate with me now?

Should I move on? Or should I fight for this friendship? What if there's nothing left here to decode?

Did you make this thread just to promote that Sabrina Carpenter song and Scream 6? :rip:

what do you have in common? why do you want to stay friends?

and the "I always text him first" if he is happy to reply back to you, then this isn't an issue. if he's replying with one word 'yes' 'no', then he has moved on, and you should too.

Maybe he realised that he did want a relationship and isn't interested in being just friends with you.

You said he's also just about to start a new job and so maybe he's just too busy to reply. I know that it only takes 30 seconds to reply to a message but when I'm really busy I'll always tell myself I'll get around to answering my friends messages and just never do. It's one of my worst traits as a friend

girl are you serious? you barely dated someone who ended up dumping you and now you want to keep in touch with him despite the zero effort he puts into that?

doesn't that z-lister you posted have a song about self-respect? listen to that instead

Maybe he has feelings and doesn't want to continue a friendship because it doesn't have as much value to him especially if he has plenty of friends

he’s doing the slow fade. sorry. he probably wouldn’t tell you the truth even if you asked, because he hasn’t admitted it to himself. he feels bad that he’s not into you 

1 hour ago, Smarticle said:

i thought this said 'should i touch my friend' @Bussea

not me having the OP blocked :rip:

Give him some space, maybe he's going through something and either wants to be left alone or doesn't want your company atm.

If you reach out again and he doesn't respond or goes cold on you, take it as a sign that he's not interested and move on.

MadonnasBoyfriend

If you met on an app get over it and keep scrolling

Maybe his seeing someone else and feels awkward in telling you.

Me and my ex are best friends and he didn't talk to me for a week when he started having feelings for this girl.

However I was hoping she'd blow him off however.

4.gif

But it could be why his been quiet?

Almost the same happened to me.

A boy kissed me and wanted to do more with me very quick, but I said I wasn't ready for that. A few months later, he told me it'd be the best to stay friends.

However, he put zero efforts into our friendship. We messaged to each other every day, he wished me a happy birthday, Christmas, New Year, etc. He often asked me what was up, etc. But when I was in the town, he never invited me to his place. I found out he was teaching drawing at home and I became very angry. He had time for other people but me? When I told him everything but he kept secrets? He thought we were on good terms, but suddenly, as a storm, I told him that he doesn't deserve me as a friend or woman at all. I said: "If you want anything from me, pick up the phone". It's been 2 months and he didn't call me. Honestly, I'm done with people who are not able to communicate. 

On 3/31/2023 at 1:43 AM, dumbsparce said:

girl are you serious? you barely dated someone who ended up dumping you and now you want to keep in touch with him despite the zero effort he puts into that?

doesn't that z-lister you posted have a song about self-respect? listen to that instead

Read ha! 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:24 PM, prézli said:

Almost the same happened to me.

A boy kissed me and wanted to do more with me very quick, but I said I wasn't ready for that. A few months later, he told me it'd be the best to stay friends.

However, he put zero efforts into our friendship. We messaged to each other every day, he wished me a happy birthday, Christmas, New Year, etc. He often asked me what was up, etc. But when I was in the town, he never invited me to his place. I found out he was teaching drawing at home and I became very angry. He had time for other people but me? When I told him everything but he kept secrets? He thought we were on good terms, but suddenly, as a storm, I told him that he doesn't deserve me as a friend or woman at all. I said: "If you want anything from me, pick up the phone". It's been 2 months and he didn't call me. Honestly, I'm done with people who are not able to communicate. 

good for him, you sound like a tiring person

43 minutes ago, Raptus said:

good for him, you sound like a tiring person

You sound like a reported person. :clap3: 

Since he's starting a new job he might just be very busy, so I would give it some time first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.