Update: DOJ appeals TX judge’s ruling striking ACA preventive care coverage

Vermillion

JustLikeHoney
9 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

George Bush appointed him in 2007 (and of course, a Democratic senate confirmed him). This will likely get appealed and win, but democrats are to blame for a lot of these problems to boot 

Ok love and communism in the UK hates the trans community. What's your point? No party is perfect. No president is perfect. You get onboard with the lesser of two evils. The one that respects people and try to change it from the inside without cannibalizing it or die with your self-righteousness by not voting until the perfect candidate is here. You can write your own tombstone. Something like, "Here lies the perfect voter. He/She/They just sat there waiting for the perfect candidate." Believe me that what the far right wants you to do. 

JustLikeHoney
9 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

George Bush appointed him in 2007 (and of course, a Democratic senate confirmed him). This will likely get appealed and win, but democrats are to blame for a lot of these problems to boot 

Ok love and communism in the UK hates the trans community. What's your point? No party is perfect. No president is perfect. You get onboard with the lesser of two evils. The one that respects people and try to change it from the inside without cannibalizing it or die with your self-righteousness by not voting until the perfect candidate is here. You can write your own tombstone. Something like, "Here lies the perfect voter. He/She/They just sat there waiting for the perfect candidate." Believe me that what the far right wants you to do. 

Just now, JustLikeHoney said:

I always vote democrat, you don’t need to lecture me :rip: pointing out their flaws and their desperation to appease republicans and to not always flex their power in the way they should doesn’t mean I’m supporting republicans, let’s not 

11 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

What's getting so weird about all of this and I know this is going to sound totally insane, but it's just my tin foil hat mind working.

Republicans are actively trying to dismantle public education. They are actively restricting abortions and now contraceptives. They have passed laws that allow children as young as 14 to work in mines. 

IMO they are actively trying to create a cheap labor generation. A new class of indentured servitude maybe even slavery based on capitalism that discriminates based on class instead of race. That's why they are so desperate to block black history in schools, because we are on our way to repeat it. They are also pointing the finger at the LGBTQIA and villanizing the word woke as a distraction. Otherism is a perfect distraction. 

This is not a conspiracy. They're deliberately loosening child labor laws in red states. They're being pretty open and honest about this.

The bigger question is, of course, why isn't the Democratic party at large confronting this HEAD on? 

This is why you need Medicare For All. You must dismantle private for-profit healthcare so there is nothing in its place to even go back to if some right-wing body of the government tried to dismantle single payer. You can't dismantle the government being everyone's insurance company if the government becomes the only insurance company in the country. 

8 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

You get onboard with the lesser of two evils. 

The lesser of two evils between taxes going up on the rich under M4A and 60k people dying yearly from being poor is M4A. Why is Joe Biden afraid to support the lesser evil?

JustLikeHoney
7 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

This is not a conspiracy. They're deliberately loosening child labor laws in red states. They're being pretty open and honest about this.

The bigger question is, of course, why isn't the Democratic party at large confronting this HEAD on? 

Some states are extremely red. Even the Dems in the Florida Senate have to find out of the box ways to get things done. 

JustLikeHoney
9 minutes ago, Communion said:

The lesser of two evils between taxes going up on the rich under M4A and 60k people dying yearly from being poor is M4A. Why is Joe Biden afraid to support the lesser evil?

I'm not entirely sure people understand how Medicare works. Medicare literally only covers 80% of medical costs and does not cover medications. 

What people know as Medicare is usually Medicare Advantage plans that are services by for profit health care plans. 

1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I'm not entirely sure people understand how Medicare works. Medicare literally only covers 80% of medical costs and does not cover medications. 

What people know as Medicare is usually Medicare Advantage plans that are services by for profit health care plans. 

Medicare For All eliminates costs sharing. Are you confused? Medicare For All doesn't just give everyone Medicare - it bans other insurances besides Medicare. Joe Biden knows this. 

Evidence #3897 that "Social Democracy" does not and will never work. :sadviolin:

The ruling class will give us concessions and then take them away at will. Revolution or bust!

29 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

...because they are also a right-wing party that are also bound by the same corporate interests the Republicans are. :deadbanana4:

Things have been shitty and are constantly getting worse for the lives of the working class in America for a while now, that's why the ruling class are funding the far right ideologues to peddle anti-trans rethoric, to redirect the anger of the population from the rich to a minority as if they are to blame for the emerging problems of the proletariat (which is a fascist tactic btw). 

JustLikeHoney
30 minutes ago, Communion said:

Medicare For All eliminates costs sharing. Are you confused? Medicare For All doesn't just give everyone Medicare - it bans other insurances besides Medicare. Joe Biden knows this. 

There is a couple places where cost sharing can be approved by the secretary. I'm reading the bill right now, but you're right it's different from regular Medicare more comprehensive. This is another reason why things like this don't pass. Democrats including Bernie name things so ridiculously. The average voter won't read a bill but does know exactly what Medicare is and regular Medicare is not desirable at all 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

32 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Some states are extremely red. Even the Dems in the Florida Senate have to find out of the box ways to get things done. 

I'm not talking about passing legislation in red states, I'm aware of the limitations on that front. It's just, we know the Dems can make noise when they want to make it. So, why isn't THIS something they'd wanna make noise out of? Do we not think a majority of Americans are against I dustries hiring children, or CHILDREN SUFFERING INDUSTRIAL INJURIES IN NIGHT SHIFTS? 

5 minutes ago, AMIT said:

...because they are also a right-wing party that are also bound by the same corporate interests the Republicans are. :deadbanana4:

Things have been shitty and are constantly getting worse for the lives of the working class in America for a while now, that's why the ruling class are funding the far right ideologues to peddle anti-trans rethoric, to redirect the anger of the population from the rich to a minority as if they are to blame for the emerging problems of the proletariat (which is a fascist tactic btw). 

I'm aware of the Democratic party and its true allegiances, I was sort of taking the p*ss with that question. 'Cause it's frustrating to see the Republicans openly support HORRIBLE positions like being against giving KIDS FOOD, and not have the full Dem party fighting those horrible positions.

10 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

This is another reason why things like this don't pass. Democrats including Bernie name things so ridiculously. 

I'm not sure that the name is why Joe Biden threatened to veto it. 

JustLikeHoney
13 minutes ago, Communion said:

I'm not sure that the name is why Joe Biden threatened to veto it. 

Well he said he would veto it if it raised taxes on the middle class and if it would delay health care being available for the public right now. In other words he would veto it if there was a lapse in coverage for the American people. He didn't say he would veto it because he doesn't like the bill.

Communion, I don't want to argue with you and I do not want to defend Biden either so, I just want to say that M4A needs to separate itself more from traditional Medicare if we want more people on board. 

Nothing about the bill itself. And you are right I was confused because of the name that was given to the bill. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

This is so ****** up.  HIV/AID's cases are going to skyrocket if PrEP is no longer provided free through insurance.  I'm sure this is all part of the Republican's plan to try and "rid society of queers." :biblio:

Edited by BeenTheShit
edit

1 hour ago, TheLastChord said:

I'm not talking about passing legislation in red states, I'm aware of the limitations on that front. It's just, we know the Dems can make noise when they want to make it. So, why isn't THIS something they'd wanna make noise out of? Do we not think a majority of Americans are against I dustries hiring children, or CHILDREN SUFFERING INDUSTRIAL INJURIES IN NIGHT SHIFTS? 

I'm aware of the Democratic party and its true allegiances, I was sort of taking the p*ss with that question. 'Cause it's frustrating to see the Republicans openly support HORRIBLE positions like being against giving KIDS FOOD, and not have the full Dem party fighting those horrible positions.

The majority of Americans might be against it, but they are not the ones with political power right now - the corporate capitalists are. 

It is indeed frustrating and pretty ****** up all things considered, but stuff like this will keep happening because the working class is basically powerless at the moment with both major US political parties being tethered to corporate interests. 

Republicans every single day: here's a load of ammo you can use to turn the American people against us for the upcoming elections.

Democrats: I don't know what to do with any of this.

The ACA is incredibly popular and has been for over a decade. This **** should be airing on every major news network exposing Republicans. It's not like the Dems don't have the warchest to afford it. This is something that will quite literally affect the majority of Americans' pockets and health. It should be being hammered all day long.

16 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Republicans every single day: here's a load of ammo you can use to turn the American people against us for the upcoming elections.

The ACA is incredibly popular and has been for over a decade. This **** should be airing on every major news network exposing Republicans. It's not like the Dems don't have the warchest to afford it. This is something that will quite literally affect the majority of Americans' pockets and health. It should be being hammered all day long.

So why do you think this isn't the case? :celestial5:

24 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Uh oh. Someone's learning some evils are not lesser than!

46 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Democrats are too focused on gleefully rubbing their hands together with excitement over Trump's indictment. Which isn't likely to end up with him in federal prison, and may actually boost his electoral chances, backfiring and ending up with Trump defeating a deeply unpopular Biden incumbency.

We told y'all this could happen: that Democrats were ultimately not focused on the material reality of most Americans, which definitely take a backseat to partisan squabbles and sideshows. Both Trump impeachments being direct proof of this.

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

So why do you think this isn't the case? :celestial5:

I don't dabble in conspiracy theories, but I do know if Dems forked over the money then these networks would be airing the ads.

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Uh oh. Someone's learning some evils are not lesser than!

The party that isn't trying to enact a trans genocide will always be the lesser evil no matter how many times you push Republican talking points. Time for some self-reflection.

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Democrats are too focused on gleefully rubbing their hands together with excitement over Trump's indictment. Which isn't likely to end up with him in federal prison, and may actually boost his electoral chances, backfiring and ending up with Trump defeating a deeply unpopular Biden incumbency.

We told y'all this could happen: that Democrats were ultimately not focused on the material reality of most Americans, which definitely take a backseat to partisan squabbles and sideshows. Both Trump impeachments being direct proof of this.

I mean, you're not wrong lol but I've yet to see any Dem politicians doing what you're saying? The Dem talking heads online are doing it, though.

This comes down to the Dem establishment just not being organized, and the Dem constituency not being easily swayed like the GOP constituency is. It's harder to push a narrative to people who are critical than to people who are Fox News sheep desperate for any type of attention.

The Dems very clearly tapped into the reality of most Americans during the midterms and that helped them do what they did, but 2024 is going to be a different ball game.

25 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

I don't dabble in conspiracy theories, but I do know if Dems forked over the money then these networks would be airing the ads.

...so again, why do you think they are not doing that? 

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

The party that isn't trying to enact a trans genocide will always be the lesser evil no matter how many times you push Republican talking points. Time for some self-reflection.

I mean, you're not wrong lol but I've yet to see any Dem politicians doing what you're saying? The Dem talking heads online are doing it, though.

This comes down to the Dem establishment just not being organized, and the Dem constituency not being easily swayed like the GOP constituency is. It's harder to push a narrative to people who are critical than to people who are Fox News sheep desperate for any type of attention.

The Dems very clearly tapped into the reality of most Americans during the midterms and that helped them do what they did, but 2024 is going to be a different ball game.

Well, yes, I was mainly talking about the Democrat-leaning media apparatchiks on MSNBC, CNN, etc.

Democrats' constituency aren't easily swayed though??? They were led like a herd of lambs to Joe Biden when the media proclaimed he was the anointed savior after losing three swing states and winning over conservatives in a red state that was never going to flip toward him in the general. The voters were constantly  beaten over their heads with the message that the Jewish Bernie Sanders was analogous to a Hitlerian Nazi and that he was going to throw elites like Chris Matthews in the gulag. There is NO constituency more propagandized than Democratic Party voters in the US. :dies: 

Fox News has tried relentlessly to shift its viewers over to backing Ron DeSantis.

You're saying they're easily swayed? Compared to the Democrats who went all-in on the barely functioning Joe Biden who finds it extremely difficult to speak in coherent sentences on the best of days? Who said he would veto universal health care plan if it came to his desk? Who said plainly to his donors (correctly) that nothing would fundamentally change? That Democratic Party base?! Really?!?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.