Update: DOJ appeals TX judge’s ruling striking ACA preventive care coverage

Vermillion

This is absolutely hideous. These repugnant conservative judges truly have no soul and have a place in hell firmly waiting for them the minute they croak. 

I'm f***ing out of here the first chance I get. I'm done.

• ATRL Administrator

What the hell omg. 

What’s the point of even passing legislation anymore if a lone judge in a single district can just end it like that? Literally useless. 

But I’m optimistic this will get overturned 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

What’s the point of even passing legislation anymore if a lone judge in a single district can just end it like that? Literally useless. 

With this SCOTUS make-up? How?

Forget slipping backwards, it feels like we're fully sprinting in the opposite direction of every step of progress that has been made :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, Espresso said:

With this SCOTUS make-up? How?

This SCOTUS dismissed a past lawsuit that this exact judge ruled on in regards to the ACA In the past. 

:gaycat6:

this is the same judge who ruled the individual mandate was unconstitutional and got overturned by the supreme court. he seems to be dedicating his career to getting the affordable care act struck down.

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

This SCOTUS dismissed a past lawsuit that this exact judge ruled on in regards to the ACA In the past. 

The "great hope of the left" Ketanji Brown Jackson literally just sided with Chevron. I have zero hope in this Court. 

Just now, Espresso said:

The "great hope of the left" Ketanji Brown Jackson literally just sided with Chevron. I have zero hope in this Court. 

As I already said, this exact judge has dedicated his career to getting this law struck down, and this SCOTUS has continually denied him (Sotamayer sided with Chevron too). 

I knew Roe Vs Wade was gone, I’m 75% sure this Will get reversed 

This entire judge's life goal seems to be just overturning ACA huh. Hopefully this decision gets appealed and overturned.

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

As I already said, this exact judge has dedicated his career to getting this law struck down, and this SCOTUS has continually denied him (Sotamayer sided with Chevron too). 

I knew Roe Vs Wade was gone, I’m 75% sure this Will get reversed 

I'm aware and I wish I could share your optimism.

As much as I hate the court, only Alito and The-One-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would support this. 

It's such a stupid ruling, but whatever. Conservatives can't live a day without inflicting pain upon others. 

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

That was Trump's goal, jam in as many MAGA judges that will overturn any legislation they don't like knowing that the conservative Supreme Court will side with them. America is broken :clap3:

US stays getting messier as the day goes, why? :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

US stays getting messier as the day goes, why? :deadbanana:

This specific judge has already tried to strike down the ACA numerous times, and even the right wing fascist SCOTUS keeps shutting him down. Probably going to happen again honestly 

53 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

As much as I hate the court, only Alito and The-One-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would support this. 

It's such a stupid ruling, but whatever. Conservatives can't live a day without inflicting pain upon others. 

This. I don’t trust this SCOTUS whatsoever, but they have rebuked this judge numerous times already 

JustLikeHoney

"including some cancer, heart and STD screenings, and smoking cessation programs."

This is hideous. I can't believe this is the kind of judge Texas is appointing. 

7 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

"including some cancer, heart and STD screenings, and smoking cessation programs."

This is hideous. I can't believe this is the kind of judge Texas is appointing. 

George Bush appointed him in 2007 (and of course, a Democratic senate confirmed him). This will likely get appealed and win, but democrats are to blame for a lot of these problems to boot 

JustLikeHoney

What's getting so weird about all of this and I know this is going to sound totally insane, but it's just my tin foil hat mind working.

Republicans are actively trying to dismantle public education. They are actively restricting abortions and now contraceptives. They have passed laws that allow children as young as 14 to work in mines. 

IMO they are actively trying to create a cheap labor generation. A new class of indentured servitude maybe even slavery based on capitalism that discriminates based on class instead of race. That's why they are so desperate to block black history in schools, because we are on our way to repeat it. They are also pointing the finger at the LGBTQIA and villanizing the word woke as a distraction. Otherism is a perfect distraction. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.