Best Taylor Swift Producer: Max Martin/Shellback vs Jack Antonoff vs Aaron Dessner

Forever Winter

Best Taylor Swift Producer  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which producer is the most superior?

• Nathan Chapman - Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, Red
    • Max Martin/Shellback - Red, 1989, reputation
    • Jack Antonoff - 1989, reputation, Lover, folklore, Midnights
    • Aaron Dessner - folklore, evermore, Midnights

It's between Jack and Aaron. Taylor's work with Max isn't really that remarkable.

Nathan > Aaron ≥ Max/Shellback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jack

Max Martin, he created most songs from Taylor’s best album REPUTATION.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

34 minutes ago, sasashite said:

Midnights was a miss (Taylor’s fault since she decided to go back to the mediocre pop stuff presented on Lover and Reputation).

Lies 

Aaron’s production work is top tier and has really allowed Taylor’s lyricism and lower register to shine  :alexz:

Jack has some phenomenal tracks, but has been inconsistent at times :celestial5:

Aaron produced some of her very best songs and is the most consistent

Jack > Max/Shellback >>>>>>> Aaron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nathan

Edited by TayDuaStan

1. Max Martin (King of My Heart, Don't Blame Me, the majority of 1989, all the bops !)
  2. Jack (I hate most of their songs but still, they gave us LWYMMD, Out of the Woods and this is me trying)
  3. Nathan (Speak Now sweetie)
  4. Aaron (zzz)

2 hours ago, Carter said:

ahhhh if only aaron produced rep 

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Thank god he didn’t!!!!!! :biblio: That album’s production is far too complex for his repetitive mess. I hope he also stays far far away from Rep TV, especially from the vault tracks. I want that album to stay as it is: with bops after bops after bops. I don’t want the tv to have skips. It’s enough that Taylor added 3 Dessner skips on Midnights 3AM (my 3rd favourite Taylor album), i can’t handle more of those on my favourite album…

Edited by TayDuaStan

it's a pretty even spread for me, i'm more of a lyrics person than a production person though, and they've all made taylor songs i love when i'm in the right mood for them.

using my top 15 taylor songs as a sample jack appeared the most with 4, then max and nathan with 3 each, then aaron with 2. 

she should've worked more with dan wilson, jeff bhasker, and imogen heap. 

Max best: Style

Max worst: How You Get The Girl

Jack best: This Is Me Trying

Jack worst: Sweet Nothing

Aaron best: seven

Aaron worst: long story short

Nathan best: Enchanted

Nathan worst: something very early

Jack and Aaron kinda win

On 3/30/2023 at 7:56 AM, dussel_06 said:

spacer.png

The Joel Little snub in the poll options is so rude.

OT - Aaron Dessner did most of Folklore so him.

WANEGBT, IKYWT, 22, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, New Romantics, Ready for It...

Max Martin ofc.

People will underrate him on here but Jack. He's produced the highest number of 10/10 songs in her discography of all of her producers.

My pop kings and Taylor linking up >>>> An unstoppable hit force :alexz:

Aaron >>>>>>> Jack > Max Martin/Shellback

I don't know her early work enough to judge where Nathan should be. Also, to be fair, Max Martin/Shellbeck did a decent job with her. It's just that it's some of Taylor's weakest material.

Edited by The7thStranger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.