Humans aren't made to be monogamous

Whis

3 hours ago, PopA911 said:

not this discussion AGAIN :rip:

why can’t you guys let people decide what kind of relationship they WANT as long as it’s based on consent? :rip:

:cm: some of yall really must be bored and unfulfilled (in monogamy OR polygamy) to stick your noses in everybody's business for no reason

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joyride

• Redstreak

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Lara Croft

Just now, Fuecoco said:

Your friends are stupid.

You’re right. It’s absolutely ridiculous 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, LoveInStereo said:

******* be like “monogamy isn’t natural” while having non-procreative sex. Get real! Nothing in the modern world is normal

For real. Like just be honest about how you wanna go about your relationships and if the person you’re tryna be with wants it fundamentally different than you do you have to find somebody else :michael: for me personally polyamory and open relationships sound unfulfilling and I would rather just be single untethered and ******* whoever I want whenever I want than be doing that. I’ve met people who say they’re never doing a closed relationship ever. To each their own but to say monogamy is unnatural is some bullshit

It’s not cheating if you both keep lines of communication open, have boundaries while having fun. For me it’s super easy to differentiate sex and love. 

Although I do think it’s super healthy to stay monogamous the first couple of years in a relationship to really get to know one another 

People who say this are just saying **** to alleviate the cognitive dissonance they feel with being incapable of committing to the person they care about.

Polyamory is a-okay, but this whole movement toward acting like monogamy is “unnatural” is just embarrassing. Monogamy is demonstrated across several species of animals. Beyond that- we are the most evolved species on the planet, so we should be able to practice self-restraint and commitment to a single romantic partner without it being “instinctually impossible”. 

Statements like the one your friend uses are a projection, that’s all

Humans also aren't made to be vegan yet look how many people make that choice because it is a choice, the same as being in monogamous relationship.  I also want to be with one person forever - that's my choice and couldn't care less about what others do.

Not every human is made to be monogamous. But there are some that are. 

As long as they're honest and open about this ideology (applies to eberything tbh), I think there's nothing wrong with it, however it's soooo often used as an excuse to cheat. :rip:

I've had some friends tell me the same. They're also the ones in committed relationships though so I feel like they're just looking for an excuse to cheat. If people don't want monogamy then don't pursue it, but people want to have their cake and eat it too.

18 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

Evolutionarily speaking, men are programmed with the desire to spread their seed to as many women as they can to ensure the survival of the human race.

Women are programmed to be loyal to one man for the purposes of raising the children.

But this evolutionary programming is outdated. Just like with food. We are wired to love calorie dense foods, for survival - doesn't mean everyone should be eating donuts and cake all day.

Modern society requires us to control our evolutionary impulses.

18 hours ago, madonnas said:

I don’t really think there’s one right way one way or the other.  People can stay monogamous if they want and be happy but it’s up to them.  

18 hours ago, Heldenzeit said:

The beauty of humanity is that we‘re intelligent enough to have the option to choose a path of life. This debate is nonsense. 

Agree with all of this.

Idk, legit I'm a one man only kinda gal, but nobody wants serious things anymore. It's why I'm happily just staying single now because everytime I get with a guy he wants to do the open thing, like no thank you, been there done that and I ended up getting hurt at the end.

grg.gif

Your friends are just cheaters and religious morons.

A lot of really stupid people have taken to claiming human nature as something you just "know" because it funnily enough, happens to benefit them and aligns with their values or lack thereof(funny how that happens, huh?)

Just like with violence, something being natural doesn't make it correct or something worth practicing. Humans evolved with many different traits which we violate everyday for convenience and just plain better and safer options. It's why we have technology and it's why we have medicine.

What's more concerning is why are you friends with people who couldn’t handle hitting the broadside of a barn tbh.

I believe in monogamy and that you can spend you whole life with one person. My parents have been together their entire lives, have never cheated on eachother, are almost 60 now and are still as in love with eachother as I remember them being when I was a kid.

However I also believe that a scenario like this is like winning the lottery. Most people simply do not get to find that one person they can dedicate their entire life to and that is why monogamy might seem unnatural to some. 

Being with one person is boring and outdated like imagine not getting bored after like a year :redface:.

Hopping from one person to another until the right one hits >>

Edited by airplane

It can be normal to be tempted to cheat, but that doesn't mean it's worth it or good for the relationship.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:38 AM, Whis said:

several straight friends I have in real life

:skull:

11 hours ago, CBC said:

Don't tell me it was the restaurant co-worker who said it :toofunny2:

He’s one of them :chick1:

On 3/29/2023 at 11:42 PM, Lara Croft said:

I feel like the perfect relationship is one where you can have a monogamous emotional bond, and connection for life, but should be free to have sex with whoever you please. Life is too short to only have sex with one person forever. 

This.

So basically an open relationship.

The gays are ahead of their time once again

I agree BUT when you enter a relationship everyone knows that cheating is NOT acceptable. Using "biology" is a complete copout and cowardly. :doc: 

On 4/1/2023 at 12:25 PM, airplane said:

Being with one person is boring and outdated like imagine not getting bored after like a year :redface:.

STDs are running rampant and now we know why. :redface:

On 4/1/2023 at 9:25 PM, airplane said:

What? I am sorry for your lack of motivation and ideas in life. Life only gets boring if you want it that way.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:48 PM, WeFoundTrouble said:

Monogamy and polygamy are not really concepts that matter when you scale it down to biology. Our cellular instinct is to reproduce and pass on genetic code. The same way cells divide over and over, we reproduce for generations. Biology doesn’t care how we achieve that so long as we do it. 

This.

I do think, however, that it’s never been harder to find/maintain a monogamous relationship though. People have become a lot more focused on themselves and we want the best for ourselves, which is in most cases not realistic. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.