Rita Ora - 'You & I'

kyliefever2002

On 6/9/2023 at 4:34 PM, Nashe said:

Why was she only doing one concert in the first place? lol. It's not like she's got some more important commitments

she needs to go on a tour for the love of god

On 6/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, Joyride said:

I'm so scared about this release, not because of the commercial side, but because I haven't heard anything good so far. :weeps:

insiders already confirmed that it's a serviceable pop album with some more personal lyrics since its based on her marriage. dont let the commercial underperformance turn you away

On 6/9/2023 at 6:11 PM, Joyride said:

oh I will. I get that the visuals are more "mature" but the sound is the same ol, same ol.

is she changes her sound wouldn't that be trend chasing but if she sticks to her sound it's boring lol?

On 6/9/2023 at 6:19 PM, Sabandija said:

This project couldn't feel any less mature. It's just her following trends to try and get a hit.

if that is the case then why hasn't that happened. i'd say she's playing too safe and trying to retread phoenix so far but praising you deserved to be a hit

On 6/9/2023 at 6:34 PM, Joyride said:

exactly, there's nothing ear grabbing from this project. her sound hasn't evolved. even RIP sounds fresher than what we've heard from this album.

this is a blatant lie that song sounds like such a product of its time

On 6/9/2023 at 6:50 PM, Sabandija said:

It's sad because Phoenix felt quite cohesive. I think the strongest part of that album were the album tracks. Even though the singles were clearly the highlights, it were the album tracks what glued everything together. That Bang EP was so promising. I really liked Big. All was shaping up quite well but then she started doing those DJ collabs with no clear direction. Her latest releases have absolutely no personality and no soul.

those said dj collabs are what kept afloat after all the backlash she got and basically getting canceled by the gp bang needed to be a full project like it was originally intended to be. sucks that wasn't the case because it was a fire ass EP she's gone from talented socialite to like a general celebrity she need to hone in and focus on one thing at a time because she's becoming the jlo of the uk and it'sm honestly becoming really grating 

On 6/10/2023 at 1:20 AM, sam.teas said:

But tracks like Don’t Think Twice, Girl In The Mirror, Love Die Repeat, Waiting For You are such cute and good!  

so then we're in good hands y'all need to chill and not let this commercial decline dictate your interest

On 6/10/2023 at 5:19 PM, Gold said:

her gaps between albums are so extreme

they're not by choice she's been pretty public about how terrible her label situation was before. the phoenix era was great. then she fumbled her own public image after that. surprise dropping an EP. then new label. and now here we are. in between all of that we got a **** ton of droplets that kept her afloat.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:22 AM, Johnny Jacobs said:

im surprised shes still releasing with no hit single..

anyway.. i already made peace with her not giving us Phoenix level music but girl... pls serve those two songs weren't it

BMG is a smaller label that gives their artist freedom without any commercial expectations so be grateful lol if this warner she would've been shelved a long time ago

On 6/12/2023 at 7:13 AM, Scandalous said:

i think this is my issue too!

i don’t use Rita for ‘cute’ songs, i want the bops! Bang was such a step in the right direction, i wish she kept going in that harder club lane. this seems like a project she wanted to make so good for her, but it’s just not want most people want from her

she needs to get into the studio with charli xcx and give us the bops

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

she's got 5 album signings dates in the UK. Hopefully she'll crack the top 10 this way 

1 hour ago, Nashe said:

she's got 5 album signings dates in the UK. Hopefully she'll crack the top 10 this way 

we need a tour asap if her and bebe and ava did a joint albanian trinity tour it'd actually do something tbh

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

we need a tour asap if her and bebe and ava did a joint albanian trinity tour it'd actually do something tbh

haha yes! they'll probably do that once they're 40+ 

3 hours ago, Nashe said:

haha yes! they'll probably do that once they're 40+ 

They need to collaborate with each other though it's long overdue

17 hours ago, Saint James said:

this is gonna bomb colossally

Did you really feel the need to have to come up in here and say that?

I would think the album is very likely to be top 5 in UK, the competition isn't as strong as when Phoenix dropped.

Hear the "Thank You" message she wrote :bird:
so cute and sweet :allears:

THANK YOU

Wow, here we are. Writing this I feel like I have a new lease on life, like I've been handed this fairy tale and it's my job to try to make sense of it all, so here it is, my love story. It's a cliche to say, but true inspiration for me always comes from love. I can honestly say for the first time I wrote an album as I felt it in the moment, not how I wish I felt it or how I once felt it, but how I feel it RIGHT NOW. I am so grateful for this experience, for the ability to be present, and put all my emotions into this album. Thank you Taika for every moment. Without you this album would not exist. No words would have come to mind, no melody would be sung to express our love. You have shown me a way of life I only dreamed of. To my SISTER ELENA ORA, without you, I wouldn't be here. Thank you for constantly looking out for me and always being my protector. My family for holding me trough good and hard times, and believing in me, in moments when I didn't even believe in myself. To Sarah Stennett my manager, therapist and life guru, you've lived 1000 lives! Thank you for your constant guidance professionally and personally. Thank you to, Frank Ho for seeing me for me, Kathy Reilly who has been with me since the beginning, and Kate Head my PR for fighting for me. My whole team at BMG, Jamie Nelson, thank you for believing in me and supporting me on this journey so far. Oscar, thank you for your help and support in putting this album together. Thank you to every single writer and producer who has believed in my vision, and helped me execute it. Oak Felder, the legend, the guru, god bless you, and your guidance. You truly reinforced my confidence in song writing, alongside Rollo my brother from another mother. You are the best team I could ever ask for. My fans! We have come so so far together! I always want to deliver you my best and I won't settle until it's what you deserve. Thank you for riding with me all these years and continuing to do so, I would be nothing without you. You're my family and I know I can count on you for anything. I will never ever take that for granted, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Lastly, "You& I" was the first song I wrote after I married the love of my life. While I was recording it, the different meanings behind the song began to realise for me:

You and I (Taika and I)
You and I (my fans and I)
You and I (myself and I - accepting myself for who I am right and and not trying to change for anyone)

Belive in yourself and the universe will fall in place. I love you.

6 hours ago, sam.teas said:

Reveal hidden contents

THANK YOU

Wow, here we are. Writing this I feel like I have a new lease on life, like I've been handed this fairy tale and it's my job to try to make sense of it all, so here it is, my love story. It's a cliche to say, but true inspiration for me always comes from love. I can honestly say for the first time I wrote an album as I felt it in the moment, not how I wish I felt it or how I once felt it, but how I feel it RIGHT NOW. I am so grateful for this experience, for the ability to be present, and put all my emotions into this album. Thank you Taika for every moment. Without you this album would not exist. No words would have come to mind, no melody would be sung to express our love. You have shown me a way of life I only dreamed of. To my SISTER ELENA ORA, without you, I wouldn't be here. Thank you for constantly looking out for me and always being my protector. My family for holding me trough good and hard times, and believing in me, in moments when I didn't even believe in myself. To Sarah Stennett my manager, therapist and life guru, you've lived 1000 lives! Thank you for your constant guidance professionally and personally. Thank you to, Frank Ho for seeing me for me, Kathy Reilly who has been with me since the beginning, and Kate Head my PR for fighting for me. My whole team at BMG, Jamie Nelson, thank you for believing in me and supporting me on this journey so far. Oscar, thank you for your help and support in putting this album together. Thank you to every single writer and producer who has believed in my vision, and helped me execute it. Oak Felder, the legend, the guru, god bless you, and your guidance. You truly reinforced my confidence in song writing, alongside Rollo my brother from another mother. You are the best team I could ever ask for. My fans! We have come so so far together! I always want to deliver you my best and I won't settle until it's what you deserve. Thank you for riding with me all these years and continuing to do so, I would be nothing without you. You're my family and I know I can count on you for anything. I will never ever take that for granted, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Lastly, "You& I" was the first song I wrote after I married the love of my life. While I was recording it, the different meanings behind the song began to realise for me:

You and I (Taika and I)
You and I (myself and I - accepting myself for who I am right and and not trying to change for anyone)

She's such a sweet person :heart:

On 6/22/2023 at 6:51 AM, Nashe said:

So did Mabel…

30 minutes ago, Nashe said:

she debuted at #2?

Oh lemme take that back then! Rooting for Ms Ora 

I don't know if y'all had the time or chance to read the lyrics of some of the songs!
Here are the ones from Girl In The Mirror:allears:
Lemme know if you like them! :allears:

You better sit down cause I've got a confession to make:
held onto my angels by giving the devil a break.
I'm sorry, I lobe you, it's just that I found someone better and 
she's someone I've always wanted for now and forever.
I cheated on you in the best way, with someone
I've know my whole life, and I hope that you
can forgive me cause this just feels so right.

When I see her staring back at me.
Yeah, we've got so much history.
I'm in love with the girl in the mirror, the mirror.
Yeah, we've got such a crazy past.
She always used to put me last.
I glow (oh oh oh oh oh)... in the mirror, in the mirror

She used to tell me to hide all the cracks on my skin,
but you can't move forward without learning how to forgive.
I'm sorry, I love you, it's cyst that she knows what I'm feeling -
gone trough therapy just to get this level of healing

On 6/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, sam.teas said:

I don't know if y'all had the time or chance to read the lyrics of some of the songs!
Here are the ones from Girl In The Mirror:allears:
Lemme know if you like them! :allears:

Reveal hidden contents

You better sit down cause I've got a confession to make:
held onto my angels by giving the devil a break.
I'm sorry, I lobe you, it's just that I found someone better and 
she's someone I've always wanted for now and forever.
I cheated on you in the best way, with someone
I've know my whole life, and I hope that you
can forgive me cause this just feels so right.

When I see her staring back at me.
Yeah, we've got so much history.
Yeah, we've got such a crazy past.
She always used to put me last.
I glow (oh oh oh oh oh)... in the mirror, in the mirror

She used to tell me to hide all the cracks on my skin,
but you can't move forward without learning how to forgive.
I'm sorry, I love you, it's cyst that she knows what I'm feeling -
gone trough therapy just to get this level of healing

Preferred Shape of Me’s. 

On 6/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, sam.teas said:

Hide contents

THANK YOU

You and I (Taika and I)

aww this was sweet

Is this out in certain countries? 

52 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

Is this out in certain countries? 

This is not out until next week.

2 hours ago, Crank_It_Up said:

This is not out until next week.

Lmao oops

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.