Rita Ora - 'You & I'

kyliefever2002

On 4/19/2023 at 11:05 AM, R`0`K`R said:

Tbh for this album, I'm expecting more basic Ed Sheeran-penned like songs. :coffee2:

he doesn't have any credits though as far as i've seen lol

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

On 4/19/2023 at 2:45 PM, GustavoBardusco said:

It's her real house. It's her at home with minimal production. It's supposed to be intimate. 

this is for all the people who have questions or reservations towards this era's aesthetics 

• 1 month later...

Fxr9Sm5XoAA29gZ?format=jpg&name=orig

The only UK headline concert she will do this year, performing songs from the album

Tickets — https://ritaora.lnk.to/BanquetRecords

FxdVO-3XoAADHwl?format=jpg&name=360x360FxdVO_yWYAIMTkR?format=jpg&name=360x360

Australian exclusive version, including this album keyring:

Sanity — https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2771225/You--I---Orange-Coloured-Vinyl-BONUS-KEYRING

JB HIFI — https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cd-online-only-ora-rita-you-i-deluxe-zine-edition-signed-copy-cd

Why was she only doing one concert in the first place? lol. It's not like she's got some more important commitments

3 minutes ago, Nashe said:

Why was she only doing one concert in the first place? lol. It's not like she's got some more important commitments

Actually she has :skull:

I'm so scared about this release, not because of the commercial side, but because I haven't heard anything good so far. :weeps:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joyride said:

I'm so scared about this release, not because of the commercial side, but because I haven't heard anything good so far. :weeps:

It's definitely different from Phoenix and the BANG EP, but there are some cute and good songs on it. It totally feels like a mature project and in fact it's explained from the visuals she is giving, starting from the cover art of the album. I hope you will give it a listen when it will be out!

1 hour ago, sam.teas said:

It's definitely different from Phoenix and the BANG EP, but there are some cute and good songs on it. It totally feels like a mature project and in fact it's explained from the visuals she is giving, starting from the cover art of the album. I hope you will give it a listen when it will be out!

oh I will. I get that the visuals are more "mature" but the sound is the same ol, same ol.

This project couldn't feel any less mature. It's just her following trends to try and get a hit.

13 minutes ago, Sabandija said:

This project couldn't feel any less mature. It's just her following trends to try and get a hit.

exactly, there's nothing ear grabbing from this project. her sound hasn't evolved. even RIP sounds fresher than what we've heard from this album.

16 minutes ago, Joyride said:

exactly, there's nothing ear grabbing from this project. her sound hasn't evolved. even RIP sounds fresher than what we've heard from this album.

It's sad because Phoenix felt quite cohesive. I think the strongest part of that album were the album tracks. Even though the singles were clearly the highlights, it were the album tracks what glued everything together. That Bang EP was so promising. I really liked Big. All was shaping up quite well but then she started doing those DJ collabs with no clear direction. Her latest releases have absolutely no personality and no soul.

6 hours ago, Sabandija said:

It's sad because Phoenix felt quite cohesive. I think the strongest part of that album were the album tracks. Even though the singles were clearly the highlights, it were the album tracks what glued everything together. That Bang EP was so promising. I really liked Big. All was shaping up quite well but then she started doing those DJ collabs with no clear direction. Her latest releases have absolutely no personality and no soul.

Absolutely agree on everything, and in fact i still don’t like Praising You. But tracks like Don’t Think Twice, Girl In The Mirror, Love Die Repeat, Waiting For You are such cute and good!  

But tracks like Don’t Think Twice, Girl In The Mirror, Love Die Repeat, Waiting For You are such cute and good!  

Yes! Reading the lyrics I'm confident the album will be good!

On 4/19/2023 at 7:39 PM, sam.teas said:

two more songs should come before the album drops

Is this still the case? :bird:

9 hours ago, Laura Palmer said:

Is this still the case? :bird:

I believe that at least one of them is coming 

her gaps between albums are so extreme

im surprised shes still releasing with no hit single..

anyway.. i already made peace with her not giving us Phoenix level music but girl... pls serve those two songs weren't it

• Like 1

I know she’s extremely busy and probably has far more lucrative gigs than music/touring, but I’m surprised she isn’t going all out with a bunch of tour dates even if they’re smaller venues just to try and maintain a steady fanbase for music projects.

She’s a great live performer and would probably sell out smaller venues so it would surely only generate good press for her on the music side of things. 

Anyway I really like both singles and can’t wait for the album. 

Edited by FantasyRide

On 6/9/2023 at 6:50 PM, Sabandija said:

i think this is my issue too!

i don’t use Rita for ‘cute’ songs, i want the bops! Bang was such a step in the right direction, i wish she kept going in that harder club lane. this seems like a project she wanted to make so good for her, but it’s just not want most people want from her

7 hours ago, FantasyRide said:

I know she’s extremely busy and probably has far more lucrative gigs than music/touring, but I’m surprised she isn’t going all out with a bunch of tour dates even if they’re smaller venues just to try and maintain a steady fanbase for music projects.

She’s a great live performer and would probably sell out smaller venues so it would surely only generate good press for her on the music side of things. 

Anyway I really like both singles and can’t wait for the album. 

She said she can only tour next year, so the most weird thing is that they aren't doing tickets bundles rn. Maybe tour announcement closer to the album release to give an extra boost?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.