Rita Ora - 'You & I'

kyliefever2002

1 hour ago, Better Mistakes said:

She was so lovely. I said I loved seeing her at her phoenix tour and she said “I hope you love this one as much” and I said I wrote songs too and she said “you need to fight for these things. That’s my advice” 💀 My selfie was tragic but she was lovely. Out of the signings I’ve done so far I’d rank them:

1. Rita and Ellie 

3. Mabel (girl did not want to be there)

Aww! That's nice! I'm happy for you :heart2:

Rita seems a lovely and warm person. She was very polite and lovely when she was in the Rock in Rio here last year. I'd love to meet her.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

8 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

some people are questioning whether her signature is real as it looks quite different from her signature from HMV signings

ritaO.jpg

My signed copy of Phoenix is written the same way. It doesn't even have 'Ora' or a heart it just has 'Rita' :rip:

I gave this a second try and it's still very basic. Her voice has so much potential to do other genres but she chose to do the most basic type of pop possible.

"You & I" at Number 3 midweek in the UK

6 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

SHE WON :clap3:

5 minutes ago, campelo said:

will she tour with this?

I know she said her album release shows tomorrow are her only headline shows this year.. hopeful she might do a small run next year though 

Okay this has grown on me after a couple listens. I know she is still capable of something much greater i.e cutting edge electro dance like Bang EP. Highlights are Unfeel It, You & I, That Girl, Girl in The Mirror outside the singles. Honestly quite an easy/decent listen, not overproduced. 

Edit: Ok lemme add Shape of You to this too. All in all it’s not a bad album, 7.5/10. 

Edited by Colbygg

19 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Not that bad :eek:

This is cute actually. Yes, basic but to me this isn't a bad thing. Not everyone has to re-invent themselves all the time. :celestial:

Was really looking forward to this and was totally underwhelmed. 

I always find shows that are "supposed" to be "deep" and "reflective" kinda risky as it doesn't really account for the fact that not every guest will have the most "deep" or "reflective" story.

With Rita, she does have the story and this was a good opportunity to score relatability points and show personality beyond being a slightly faceless GP music jukebox, but neither she nor the host went THERE. 

I imagine a combination of legal reasons and industry etiquette had her avoid certain topics, but for her not to address what happened with Roc Nation (even slightly), specificities about her boyfriends (e.g. Calvin drama), or any real issues behind the scenes (like what happened with Atlantic) was disappointing. There was so much talking around things and indirects that it made the whole thing...blah.

Like, girl, you have an album to sell. Get the headlines.  

9 hours ago, campelo said:

will she tour with this?

When I met her Saturday I praised her Phoenix tour and she said “well I hope you like the next one just as much”. Vague I know, but intentions to tour seem there 

Listened to this for the first time earlier. Unfeel It, That Girl, and Girl in the Mirror are the initial standouts. Waiting for You is cute in a nostalgic 2013-Avicii kinda way.  The ballads didn't really grab me, but I liked IDWBYF.

Any songs looking to charts in the UK? 

DTT is such a bop!

Calvin keeps fighting stans on twitter for 2014 album (and saying that the scrapped songs are bad as if we didn’t hear them in 2014:bibliahh:) and she ignored him when she was asked about his tweets. She doesn’t want any drama since people always dragged her. You will never see her talking about Roc Nation, Calvin or Atlantic drama.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:16 PM, Nefertiti0 said:

Great :clap3:

Discounted to 4.99£ on iTunes!

What did she perform on Love Island? 

4 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Any songs looking to charts in the UK? 

No. Album extremely likely to debut top 10 at least.

6 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Was really looking forward to this and was totally underwhelmed. 

I always find shows that are "supposed" to be "deep" and "reflective" kinda risky as it doesn't really account for the fact that not every guest will have the most "deep" or "reflective" story.

With Rita, she does have the story and this was a good opportunity to score relatability points and show personality beyond being a slightly faceless GP music jukebox, but neither she nor the host went THERE. 

I imagine a combination of legal reasons and industry etiquette had her avoid certain topics, but for her not to address what happened with Roc Nation (even slightly), specificities about her boyfriends (e.g. Calvin drama), or any real issues behind the scenes (like what happened with Atlantic) was disappointing. There was so much talking around things and indirects that it made the whole thing...blah.

Like, girl, you have an album to sell. Get the headlines.  

Women aren’t obligated to go into detail about things that are traumatic for them just because it’d be entertaining for you. Especially because internet culture is pretty, if not entirely, incapable of empathy. If all someone wants to hear are juicy details and not about how someone else feels, then they lack empathy. I mean, she literally filed a lawsuit against Roc Nation with details that everyone could read and she was dragged for it/made fun of/not believed. I’m not sure what other details are needed. In general, I think pretty much everyone knows most of what’s been in the media. I don’t think she owes anyone specific details about what happened in personal relationships. (I mean she literally talked about feeling violated in those tabloid moments). I think what we don’t often hear from her is how she feels and what she goes through, and that was interesting to me and I empathize with a lot of what she was saying, especially as a woman. I don’t see how those discussions around anxiety, breakdowns, how she copes, and feeling the need to prove her worth aren’t relatable. I don’t think she needed to specify moments that broke her, at least some are certainly obvious. Now if she did want to go into a slightly more focused conversation on the way she’s been treated by the internet, that would be a great convo to have but this also wasn’t the place or host for that conversation. That belongs with a woman host like EmRata. Someone who is capable of understanding and sensitive to the subject, and she’d be comfortable with. (This host literally questioned whether she really could feel broken). And lbr, people aren’t going to be very receptive to hearing her because whatever happened with those exes, or whoever, was one part of the equation, and private, but how society responded was another and actually bigger issue and actual discussion to be had. And unfortunately things haven’t changed that much in 10 years. She’s very much still a favorite punching bag for people. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.