Rita Ora - 'You & I'

kyliefever2002

3 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

My main issue is with the production that sounds way too cheap somehow, almost demo-ish. The lyrics are nice, the melodies are good, her vocals are great but then the production is so weak and then everything falls flat.

Unfeel It for example would be a major banger with improved, better production.

She is indie and doesnt have budget anymore... Cheaper production is expected IMO

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

I’m sorry but this album is such a disappointment. It’s like a vanilla chocolate chip cookie. IDK why she didn’t stick with the Bang EP sound, an album like that would’ve served so hard. 

Edited by Colbygg
  • Like 5

To quote what I read in the Don't Think Twice thread: 

I personally think she should try to get more movie soundtrack ballads singles

UK public love these movie soundtrack ballads: Ellie's LMLYD / How long... / Still falling for you etc... Ellie, Jessie J and Jessie Ware were the soundtrack queens a few years ago but they stopped now, and all UK girls are chasing dancepop - there is an empty market with potential

Rita herself had success with these soundtrack ballads: For You & Carry On. She has the name, she has the vocal ability and she's committed to promoting the songs

She doesn't need to release an AC album (her fans will not like it) but she should try to snatch more high-profile movie soundtrack singles (that might connect with general public) IMO

Welp she actually released an AC-pop album :gaycat2: This is a fine move IMO, it will flop but will also gain her more long-term fans who feel like they matured with her

So I don't understand... Why make an AC-pop album to gain a more mature audience but release none of those songs? This year's biggest pop girl song is Miley's Flowers!

You & I / Girl in The Mirror / Notting Hill are good and definitely show more of Rita's personality. People have been accusing her of faceless radio singers, well then these songs can help her establish more brand story with her audience

1st single: Praising You

2nd single: You & I - she should just promote the album with this single

3rd single: Notting Hill

4th single: Don't Think Twice / You Only Love Me

I used to be a big Rita fan and supporter but this is soooooo generic and bad. Like she should have either done more songs like For You, gone down the BANG EP route for a full album or done a more mature record. This is NOT it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

I used to be a big Rita fan and supporter but this is soooooo generic and bad. Like she should have either done more songs like For You, gone down the BANG EP route for a full album or done a more mature record. This is NOT it.

same feeling, and not to mention her last album is 2018, my interest in her is gone

• Like 1

The reviews so far are not good :chick3:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rita-ora-you-and-i-new-album-review-tsmsq09ps

I hope The Guardian doesn't drag her too much (we know they probably will) but i'm expecting a 40 too. The album deserves at least a 60 though :biblio:

It's not her best but far from being that bad

She's definitely the British JLo if she could sing 

I'm adding Be With You and Dance With Me as bonus tracks, they fit pretty well with this album. And obvi the actual 2 bonus tracks that have yet to leak + the Fatboy Slim remix of Praising You

• Like 1

As a big Rita stan this album is such a downgrade and a disappointment. She is going to have to do some good things to win me back.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

As a big Rita stan this album is such a downgrade and a disappointment. She is going to have to do some good things to win me back.

call me outdated but I need her go back to ora type of music, enough of dance/2015 edm music

Ok Girl In the Mirror is cute I guess

1 hour ago, Obsession said:

She's definitely the British JLo if she could sing 

JLo has never served something this bad. I say that as a big fan of Rita’s, she’s got the talent and I really hope she follows up quickly with another album. I feel the long breaks and lack of consistent focus on her music career have gotten in the way of her building a fanbase. 

The bonus tracks are pretty good :eek:

And sound more fully produced than the ones on the main album which doesn't make sense but yeah

this is cute, but I can see the complaints about the production :rip: not her sampling Eddie Murphy sksksks a bop tho!

I- i cant even describe my disappointment. 

laura-lee.gif

How can she release this mess after the iconic and pop perfection that was Phoenix????? 

None of the songs are good. 

I don't want to be your friends is the only one that got me tbh. Liked it but the rest? :noparty:

The bonus tracks could’ve replaced some of the standard ones easily

Dang I am sad because I was excited at one point. This is not it for me. pheonix will remain my favorite from her. Too bad . 

Girl in the Mirror is giving Disney channel original movie :giraffe:

I can understand the disappointment, but to me it's very lighthearted and perfect for the Summer. 

Unfeel It, You & I, Shape Of Me, Look At Me Now, Notting Hill, I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend.... classic Rita, I like/love it all

• Like 1

truly one of the worst pop albums I've heard

hopefully she can bounce back because Phoenix and Bang were good :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.