Rita Ora - 'You & I'

kyliefever2002

Shape Of Me alone washes her first 2 albums, you can’t compete where you don’t compare.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

6 minutes ago, Laura Palmer said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d71h7siw5ypeztx8geg6

ORA and Phoenix were just a mush-mash of what was hot at the time with added filler. 

This sounds more cohesive and focused as a body of work :bird:

Phoenix does have fillers but it also has some absolute pop gold like Anywhere, Let You Love Me, New Look, First TIme High, Only Want You, For You, Hell of a Life, Cashmere which are all better than anything on this album... they're incomparable really. 

7 minutes ago, wildthaughts said:

Shape Of Me alone washes her first 2 albums, you can’t compete where you don’t compare.

it's excellent but i can't help but she's impersonating Elle King with her delivery of the verse

Finishing my second listen. It’s a nice easy listening, colour by pop album in the same lane as Poster Girl, Therapy, About Last Night etc. Nothing more, nothing less. 

excited to meet her at her signing Sunday!

My main issue is with the production that sounds way too cheap somehow, almost demo-ish. The lyrics are nice, the melodies are good, her vocals are great but then the production is so weak and then everything falls flat.

Unfeel It for example would be a major banger with improved, better production.

1 minute ago, Lady Claire said:

My main issue is with the production that sounds way too cheap somehow, almost demo-ish. The lyrics are nice, the melodies are good, her vocals are great but then the production is so weak and then everything falls flat.

Unfeel It's demo production was so much better, they nerfed it for no reason.

4 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I pretty much have the same issue and it’s unfortunately what I expected when I saw she was mainly doing the album with Oak Felder. 

• Like 1

This is what she said about this album, very interesting :toofunny2: Sounds like they made it sound demo-ish on purpose.

“I’d like to think Phoenix was a much more polished record, and while this is way more unpolished - I’m never not going to make pop songs - but this was a more natural, imperfect approach which is what I always wanted. That’s what you do when you’re a songwriter and you’re aiming to write more honourable records: they will inevitably become a bit less hooky and anthemic, and I’m okay with that,” she explains.

iTunes:

#4 New Zealand

#6 Taiwan

#7 Australia

#7 Singapore

#27 Japan

It doesn't look good.

She was never an album artist and her singles flopped, so girl, I'll be praying for you.

Can i have a l**k please? I bought her album (physical) but i cant wait to listen :( 

I didn't know she was about to release an album. Thought it was just cute singles. :rip:

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

This is what she said about this album, very interesting :toofunny2: Sounds like they made it sound demo-ish on purpose.

A mess :toofunny2:

The dramatics about album flopping as if she’s not under BMG… She was never an album seller and the album doesn’t have any hit.:redface:

55 minutes ago, OrellC said:

Is the album so bad?

yes

She should push the title song "You & I" 

It might not succeed chart-wise but it will attract more listeners to the album

She def picked the right singles for it imo

YOLM is your average Rita song, Praising You is the best song on the album and DTT is the most generic one

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.