• BionicWooHoo

• dabunique

• Oktober Knight

• Raptus

On 4/2/2023 at 8:32 AM, Oktober Knight said:

Any updates? 

On 4/2/2023 at 11:32 AM, Oktober Knight said:

Any updates? 

Sorry I’ve just been an emotional wreck. They did not fire me on Friday but I feel like I held my tongue so much and swallowed my pride and gave a half apology bc I didn’t want to get fired idk

but they are still on my ass about everything. They want a report every week now on what I’ve worked on. They also yelled at me this morning bc I worked for like half an hour in the break room instead of my cubicle (I went to break room bc all my colleagues were on zoom meetings and I needed to focus)

I think I might go to HR tmmr but am fearful it might make it worse 

6 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Sorry I’ve just been an emotional wreck. They did not fire me on Friday but I feel like I held my tongue so much and swallowed my pride and gave a half apology bc I didn’t want to get fired idk

but they are still on my ass about everything. They want a report every week now on what I’ve worked on. They also yelled at me this morning bc I worked for like half an hour in the break room instead of my cubicle (I went to break room bc all my colleagues were on zoom meetings and I needed to focus)

I suggest start looking for another job immediately and quit if you get an offer elsewhere. Don't put yourself through all that stress. :chick3:

This should be pinned on the top of the thread..

You should never tell a prospective employer you were fired before. EVER:rip: That automatically kills your chances and you’re literally setting yourself up. You instead tell them you were laid off or looking to grow your career… They will never check to see if you were fired and there is very strict amount of info a past employer can give to a new one in a background check and it usually is just dates of employment and job title. They stay away from talking about rehire status because that opens them up to lawsuits. 

I know some of the users on here are young but I’ve been through the corporate game so hope this is helpful to some. 

This is specifically for the US. 

Edited by suneclipse121

Your boss is clearly a bich who lacks professionalism and time management, her behaviors are illegal by the way, how can you handle that? It depends on the labor law of the country where you live. But you better find another job because this is a toxic work environment to work in.

It really depends on your financial situation - if you can afford being unemployed for a while, that might be the best course of action given they treat you like crap.

If unemployment is not an option, start looking jobs right now and hope you don't get fired before you find a new job.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:36 PM, suneclipse121 said:

This should be pinned on the top of the thread..

You should never tell a prospective employer you were fired before. EVER:rip: That automatically kills your chances and you’re literally setting yourself up. You instead tell them you were laid off or looking to grow your career… They will never check to see if you were fired and there is very strict amount of info a past employer can give to a new one in a background check and it usually is just dates of employment and job title. They stay away from talking about rehire status because that opens them up to lawsuits. 

I know some of the users on here are young but I’ve been through the corporate game so hope this is helpful to some. 

This is specifically for the US. 

I live in the US and graduated not to long ago and remember an application or 2 asking if I'd been fired before. IA that legal?

------

OP:

On 4/5/2023 at 9:20 PM, BionicWooHoo said:

Did you go? If so, I think I'd share that spreadsheet with proof - showing that you're being set up to fail. That youve been enduring verbal abuse and screaming. And say that because of that you're scared of retaliation by being there. And hopefully that sets up enough red flags for them - that something changes long enough for you to find a new job.

On 4/6/2023 at 3:20 AM, BionicWooHoo said:

They want a report every week now on what I’ve worked on.

Been there done that, expect that they will be soon having you report daily. I hate management so ******* much

Look for new job asap, in case you get fired tell before you find a new job, tell on the interviews that you were fired due to job reductions because the company was doing bad. Don't worry tho, I got hired less than a month after being fired

Also, it depends if your country's labor law doesn't pay you on unemployment until you find a new job, such a shame for america not doing that. 

Lol they put me on a performance improvement plan today.

A lot of the allegations in the document are just blatantly false and it’s like yea I have a paper trail to back me up but it’s like I feel HR doesn’t care. No matter how much proof I give them I don’t think it matters to them

They have it in for you now.

Personally I would look for another job while things have calmed down a bit. Putting you in performance improvement plan buys you time.

But make no mistake, they'll be back when you make the tiniest mistake. IMO.

Edited by harwee

6 hours ago, harwee said:

They have it in for you now.

Personally I would look for another job while things have calmed down a bit. Putting you in performance improvement plan buys you time.

But make no mistake, they'll be back when you make the tiniest mistake. IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.