Do you believe in heaven and hell?

Queen.

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

The afterlife as a concept probably originated as a way to provide meaning and resolution to human life when humans were almost all miserable peasants or slaves who would have 12 children who all died before their 10th birthday. Even though life was awful, there was something good waiting next. Alternatively, if you were a terrible person, the best way pre-modern society could control you would be to condemn you to a shitty afterlife in hell.

At this point, life really isn't terrible enough to warrant such a belief, so I'm skeptical as to the existence of an afterlife, but I wouldn't say I can make a definitive answer either way. 

1 hour ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Kinda like how god was created to get adults to behave similarly to how Santa was created to get kids to behave. The fact that so many adults are as easily fooled as kids is quite disturbing. Like what the hell is wrong with people :gaycat6:

These sum up my thots 

Energy can’t be destroyed we just transfer to something else.

The concept of heaven and hell is basically like believing in Santa.

Everytime a person older than 18 brings it up it, that person loses all credibility in my eyes.

Edited by Trent W

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Energy can’t be destroyed we just transfer to something else.

The concept of heaven and hell is basically like believing in Santa.

Everytime a person older than 18 brings it up it, that person loses all credibility in my eyes.

Afterlife is a philosophical concept. Santa Claus is a fictional character. It’s made up purely for entertainment purposes. Afterlife is a legitimate field of inquiry in philosophy. https://philpapers.org/browse/afterlife

smoore95GAGA
32 minutes ago, Samsara said:

95% of which is thought that makes up the universe can’t be seen nor has been demonstrated to exist. What we know about the universe is only 5%. And it’s just “our” universe. We don’t know if there are bubble universes out there.

I guess what I meant to say then is that while that may be true, there’s not much point in going around acting like literally anything could pop into existence at any time simply bc we don’t have a great understanding of the universe. It’s even less productive to spend this life theorizing what happens to us when we die.

idk all I know is that we are technically the universe experiencing itself and the ava album slaps!!

No, I have nothing to fear to behave like a decent person.

Those who do need it and won't see another way to be a good person should definitely keep believing though.

No. I just believe life infinitely goes on and we’ll always be the universe made conscious in however form for all eternity 

Edited by BGKC

No once u die it's a wrap. You are consumed by creatures and your energy goes into them and that's it. Nothing magical happens. we don't matter, look how infinite the universe is. Anyone believing in fairytales well, I dont take them seriously and see them as weak because they need to lie to themselves to feel better.

idk about for eternity but some of y'all could use 

a month or two in hell :cm: 

OT: energy never dies therefore we're technically

immortal but i get panic attacks thinking about 

eternity, the afterlife, stuff like that :deadbanana4:

even tho i consider myself an atheist for some reason sometimes I do (and sometimes I don't) 

On 3/27/2023 at 4:07 PM, AbeHicks said:

The heaven & hell dichotomy is a simplistic take but that is what is easily understandable & digestible for the locals. In actuality, everyone goes to "Heaven". When you die your consciousness expands and you go back to the source from which we all came, which is a pure energy, meaning it is a state of consciousness without painful memories, traumas, hang-ups, insecurities, fears, jealousy, regrets, etc. You retain your individuality while joining a bigger collective of this energy. Here only positive feelings are present, and it is said that the worst feeling you can experience while being in this state would still be categorized as ecstatic joy by our human standards.

J9jhP70.gif

Hey! Just out of curiosity have you read the Bible before? A lot of what you said is mentioned in scripture. See below

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory. Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there.”

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭4‬, ‭23‬-‭25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I believe we are all more than just flesh. We are spiritual beings. Our souls do transfer to an eternal destination. Heaven is biblically described as being with God. Hell is the absence of God. Many of us already have an idea of what that is. Perfection is also not a requirement for anyone to go to heaven. No one is perfect. God will not force anyone to be with him, so we all get to make our own choice on where we want to spend eternity.

Using spoiler tag to condense my post regarding spiritual bodies and heaven. 

Spoiler

“For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit. So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. For we live by believing and not by seeing.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Edited by Buffy

Yes it's a great album.

Call Me Tonight is very underrated

On 3/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, Zeferino said:

Love “Naked”

Taste!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.