Do you believe in heaven and hell?

Queen.

smoore95GAGA

Yes, it’s the superior Ava album :cm:

smoore95GAGA

If you’re asking about the proposed places, I see no point in answering. I have no interest in what people personally believe in. I have an interest in what can be demonstrated.

3 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

If you’re asking about the proposed places, I see no point in answering. I have no interest in what people personally believe in. I have an interest in what can be demonstrated.

The question is do you believe in those eternal places.

That's like asking if Santa Clause is real but for adults.

Edited by Timber

2 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

J1xlaGD.jpg

I--- not the middle finger  :bibliahh::bibliahh: 

edit: on topic, no, unless we're talking about the album. 

Edited by Reginald

smoore95GAGA
2 minutes ago, Queen. said:

The question is do you believe in those eternal places.

And my answer is I don’t care to answer bc I don’t care what even I merely believe. I only care about what I am reasonably assured enough to be able to say that I know, not believe. :cm:

Edited by smoore95GAGA

Nope. I believe when we die we die. Might as well make the most of your life while you're here. 

The afterlife as a concept probably originated as a way to provide meaning and resolution to human life when humans were almost all miserable peasants or slaves who would have 12 children who all died before their 10th birthday. Even though life was awful, there was something good waiting next. Alternatively, if you were a terrible person, the best way pre-modern society could control you would be to condemn you to a shitty afterlife in hell.

At this point, life really isn't terrible enough to warrant such a belief, so I'm skeptical as to the existence of an afterlife, but I wouldn't say I can make a definitive answer either way. 

smoore95GAGA
3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

The afterlife as a concept probably originated as a way to provide meaning and resolution to human life when humans were almost all miserable peasants or slaves who would have 12 children who all died before their 10th birthday. Even though life was awful, there was something good waiting next. Alternatively, if you were a terrible person, the best way pre-modern society could control you would be to condemn you to a shitty afterlife in hell.

At this point, life really isn't terrible enough to warrant such a belief, so I'm skeptical as to the existence of an afterlife, but I wouldn't say I can make a definitive answer either way. 

Kinda like how god was created to get adults to behave similarly to how Santa was created to get kids to behave. The fact that so many adults are as easily fooled as kids is quite disturbing. Like what the hell is wrong with people :gaycat6:

Love “Naked”

35 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Took the words right out of my mouth 

• ATRL Moderator

I believe they are useful constructs to describe emotional states, but not actual places. For example:

It blows my mind how little faith people hold nowadays in a universe that’s shown itself to be wildly unpredictable & full of surprises. Belief = placing trust in things that can’t be proven. I believe our conscientiousness/energy is transferred somewhere else. It’s a romantic idea that gives me comfort. We may never have the answers to these questions. Acting like reality starts & ends at whatever we can see is arrogant

39 minutes ago, Zeferino said:

Love “Naked”

Oh this taste :clap3:

Naked is the best song on that album

Yes :bird:

god is real GIF

Edited by airplane

smoore95GAGA
32 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

It blows my mind how little faith people hold nowadays in a universe that’s shown itself to be wildly unpredictable & full of surprises. Belief = placing trust in things that can’t be proven. I believe our conscientiousness/energy is transferred somewhere else. It’s a romantic idea that gives me comfort. We may never have the answers to these questions. Acting like reality starts & ends at whatever we can see is arrogant

While I may agree, concepts like wind and gravity are things that can be demonstrated even though we can’t see them. Heaven and hell can’t be seen or demonstrated. 

again unless we’re talking about Ava’s only good album :cm:

Edited by smoore95GAGA

The heaven & hell dichotomy is a simplistic take but that is what is easily understandable & digestible for the locals. In actuality, everyone goes to "Heaven". When you die your consciousness expands and you go back to the source from which we all came, which is a pure energy, meaning it is a state of consciousness without painful memories, traumas, hang-ups, insecurities, fears, jealousy, regrets, etc. You retain your individuality while joining a bigger collective of this energy. Here only positive feelings are present, and it is said that the worst feeling you can experience while being in this state would still be categorized as ecstatic joy by our human standards.

J9jhP70.gif

3 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

While I may agree, concepts like wind and gravity are things that can be demonstrated even though we can’t see them. Heaven and hell can’t be seen or demonstrated. 

again unless we’re talking about Ava’s only good album :cm:

95% of which is thought that makes up the universe can’t be seen nor has been demonstrated to exist. What we know about the universe is only 5%. And it’s just “our” universe. We don’t know if there are bubble universes out there.

I do, not sure if it's like they pain them but I do believe in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.