livelikemusic

Comparison images:

Spoiler

original (1997) vs. 4K(2023):

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Per video description:

To Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Celine Dion’s biggest hit of all time, this performance focused music video has been reimagined, featuring remastered footage in stunning clarity. Newly transferred from the original 35mm film reels and assembled in a brand new 4K edit, the video features exclusive, never-before-seen footage from the original ‘My Heart Will Go On’ video shoot from 1997.

Why did the clarity make me tear up? It's basically like seeing her in person. :deadbanana4:

I hope they remaster the original sometime. 

I remember recording the video on VHS. The tape broke so I had to tape it back together . Watching this was insane it’s unreal. I saw  the 4k video of MJ’s Thriller and seeing him in his youth in super high definition was mind blowing . 

WOW :jonny: This should be the standard for which all music videos should be remastered. Some of the ones these labels try to give us look even worse than they did originally. 

11 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

UGH so gorgeous :jonny5: those comparison images are wild

It's why I included them; so many call the so-called "remasters" labels have been putting out remasters, when in reality, they are YouTube automated upscales, which just ruin the quality of the video.

8 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

WOW :jonny: This should be the standard for which all music videos should be remastered. Some of the ones these labels try to give us look even worse than they did originally. 

You would think so. But, a lot of labels and teams won't go back and re-scan the original films, either by time, money or they don't have time/don't care.

30 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

It's why I included them; so many call the so-called "remasters" labels have been putting out remasters, when in reality, they are YouTube automated upscales, which just ruin the quality of the video.

You would think so. But, a lot of labels and teams won't go back and re-scan the original films, either by time, money or they don't have time/don't care.

Agreed. Xtina’s “Dirrty” is so over-sharpened now it looks like she has snakes in her hair 😂

15 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

Agreed. Xtina’s “Dirrty” is so over-sharpened now it looks like she has snakes in her hair 😂

The auto-upscale and auto de-noise is horrible. I can guarantee if her team had gone back to the original films they could have done so much better. Instead, they took the 480p YouTube video and just auto-upscaled it. And we'll take "Dirrty" for example:

YouTube 1080HD "remaster" vs. fan edit 4K upscale:

spacer.pngspacer.png

The fan edit keeps detail, while the YouTube "remaster" has automated DNR (digital noise reduction), which just removes anything that gives the video texture. It's pure laziness and false advertising to call what's being sold as a "remaster" as that, when it's simply a lazy upscale.

43 minutes ago, Milestone said:

exactly bc those topaz upscale videos are a joke

The "fan edit" above is done with Topaz. It's a matter if someone takes the time to truly put the right settings in with the video. If only fans could have access to the original films of videos... things would be done amazingly well and likely a lot quicker than what major corporations have done.

One of the best 4K remasters I’ve seen. They have to be sourced from the original film footage to really give us something worthwhile.

The only other act I can think of right now that did it right is Mariah with “Fantasy”, “The Roof” and “Honey”. 

One of the best remasters thus far. The quality is qualitying !!!!!

Now this is a proper remaster :jonny5: not a shxtty upscale most labels/artists try and get away with. 

this remaster cleared my skin, that's how it remastered

This was the one, this was the one! :cries: :clap3:

Only the best song of all times. :alexz2:

the nostalgia this gives. she was definitely THE moment. beautiful and one of the best songs ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.