Should Humans Be Able To Eat All Non-Human Animals?

GraceRandolph

Should All Animals Be Up For Grabs?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What Say ATRL?

• Yes ALL Non-Human Animals (Dogs, Cats, Endangered Species, Rare, Etc.) Animals Should Be Able to Be Eaten
    • Most Non-Human Animals Should Be Able to Be Eaten With A Few Exceptions like Rare or Domesticated Animals
    • Only One Or Two Species Of Animals Should Be Eaten
    • No Non-Human Animals Should Be Eaten

2 hours ago, Revolution said:

Plants are just as alive as animals. So unless we all starve, we must eat other organisms I fear.

Such a tired and ridiculous take. And as @GraceRandolph said, the more animals humans consume, the more plants will need to be used to feed said animals.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Often and usually ≠ always. Let's say it didn't happen, would you be okay with humans eating animals then?

It would never be okay. 

2 hours ago, tellem said:

All of them are okay to eat unless they’re very endangered. 
animals don’t care about being eaten btw 

Yeah, I'm sure animals just love to get tortured and then killed for people to eat their corpses. It's not like they are sentient beings or anything.

2 hours ago, Helios said:

Only fish, cow, pig and chicken. The rest is ridiculous. You wanna eat cats? Squirrels, rats? Why?

I think it's just as ridiculous to want to eat fish, cows, pigs, and chickens.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninasayers

• Helios

• A.R.L

• GraceRandolph

7 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

I think it's just as ridiculous to want to eat fish, cows, pigs, and chickens.

Why?

7 minutes ago, Helios said:

Why?

Because eating animals at all is ridiculous. Why would it be so to eat cats and squirrels but not cows? 

2 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

Because eating animals at all is ridiculous. Why would it be so to eat cats and squirrels but not cows? 

I mean animals eat other animals. Is that ridiculous? Nature is ridiculous?

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

animals are all the same. we should be able to eat any animal unless youre a hypocrite

what's the difference between eating a dog or a chicken/pig?

Dogs have been bred to trust and love us. Eating something that was created by humans to be our companions is very different from eating something that wasn't.

Edited by awong918

1 minute ago, awong918 said:

Dogs have been bred to trust and love us. Eating them is very different from eating something that wasn't been bred to be human companions.

pigs, cows etc. could also be bred to trust and love us. what difference does this make?

8 minutes ago, Helios said:

Animals that do eat each other do so to survive, and there's no such thing as a slaughterhouse in nature. Humans don't (usually) need to eat meat to survive. It's honestly absurd to compare the current situation in our societies to what wild animals do in their habitats.

Just now, Delirious said:

pigs, cows etc. could also be bred to trust and love us. what difference does this make?

They could be, but they aren't.

I do think in an ideal world we wouldn't hurt any animal, but it makes sense people see slaughtering animals that were domesticated to be pets as more inhumane than pigs/cows/etc.

10 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

Animals that do eat each other do so to survive, and there's no such thing as a slaughterhouse in nature. Humans don't (usually) need to eat meat to survive. It's honestly absurd to compare the current situation in our societies to what wild animals do in their habitats.

Well I need meat to survive. What am i supposed to eats beans and walnuts? :biblio: Putting some kind of ridiculous "moral" judgement on something that is absolutely normal makes absolutely no sense. Now if you want to talk about overconsumption of meat and the effects on health and earth's climate then that is a legitimate discussion but this whole "you are a bad person if you eat meat" nonsense just has to STOP. Nobody has to feel guilty about eating meat.

Edited by Helios

12 minutes ago, Helios said:

Well I need meat to survive. What am i supposed to eats beans and walnuts? :biblio: Putting some kind of ridiculous "moral" judgement on something that is absolutely normal makes absolutely no sense. Now if you want to talk about overconsumption of meat and the effects on health and earth's climate then that is a legitimate discussion but this whole "you are a bad person if you eat meat" nonsense just has to STOP. Nobody has to feel guilty about eating meat.

I'm not saying you should feel guilty for eating meat, but I do think it's wrong to do so. By doing so, you're supporting the meat industry and, well, we all know how it functions; slaughterhouses are most definitely not normal. I don't care about making moral judgments, I just care about the animals. Beans and walnuts are really good, too. :chick3:

All animal should be able to eat except pets. The reason: because it tastes good. 

#selfish #Antihero #itsmehiiamtheproblemitsme

55 minutes ago, awong918 said:

They could be, but they aren't.

I do think in an ideal world we wouldn't hurt any animal, but it makes sense people see slaughtering animals that were domesticated to be pets as more inhumane than pigs/cows/etc.

Haven’t they though? Cows and pigs have definitely been selectively bred for certain traits just like dogs, and plenty of dogs don’t care for humans and can attack. Why is it wrong to eat all dogs?

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Haven’t they though? Cows and pigs have definitely been selectively bred for certain traits just like dogs, and plenty of dogs don’t care for humans and can attack. Why is it wrong to eat all dogs?

Certain traits like... how to produce better meat and milk? They aren't conditioned to view humans as companions like dogs were for the past few thousand years.

And again, I think in an ideal world we don't kill any animal, but it should be easy to see why eating pets is a little worse than eating cows and pigs.

1 hour ago, ninasayers said:

I'm not saying you should feel guilty for eating meat, but I do think it's wrong to do so. By doing so, you're supporting the meat industry and, well, we all know how it functions; slaughterhouses are most definitely not normal. I don't care about making moral judgments, I just care about the animals. Beans and walnuts are really good, too. :chick3:

I mean do you want them to just slaughter cows and chickens on the street? :deadbanana2: Like I said before, conversations about overconsumption and even supporting a corrupt industry like the meat industry are valid and I can understand where you are coming from in that regard. 

In an ideal world, we wouldn't eat any animals and cultured meat and/or plant-based meat would be the go-to picks for those craving meat food.

Only chicken I fear. Beef and pork is so unhealthy for you

Second option

I would not mind not eating all animals except fish.

4 hours ago, Helios said:

I mean do you want them to just slaughter cows and chickens on the street? :deadbanana2: Like I said before, conversations about overconsumption and even supporting a corrupt industry like the meat industry are valid and I can understand where you are coming from in that regard. 

I'd prefer for animals not to get killed at all. I was talking about the meat industry specifically because that's where most of the meat that's consumed comes from, but i believe that no animal should be killed for our consumption.

Its a fantasy to think the millions of people who eat will just stop eating meat. 

12 hours ago, Revolution said:

Plants are just as alive as animals. 

Y'all who say this are always serving illiteracy. It's fine to disagree with vegans but at least show you are not ignorant. Vegans don't eat something because it's "alive". They don't eat things on the basis that they're sentient and thus feel pain. Something plants, for example, are not. 

Edited by Communion

8 hours ago, Helios said:

Many non-human animals eat humans to survive. Would you then say it's fine for humans to eat humans? :celestial5:

11 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

I think if you eat any meat it’s hypocritical to say certain animals are off limits. Like when people say no dogs because they’re pets. In some cultures cows are sacred but they’re not telling Americans they can’t eat them.

Do cows have affection like dogs? No. Do cows jump with happiness when they see you? Mooooooo. Do cows help humans with some of the most important things in life? The answer is also no.

Therefore, dogs should not be eaten, and for this reason, the number of dog meat consumed decreases massively every year in Asia, not to mention the barbaric, inhumane way those poor dogs and cats go through before they get killed, such as why the hell would an evil person skin a dog alive or boil a cat alive to eat their meat??!!

Stop defending ignorance and there is no way all meat eaters are the same even when I am almost a vegetarian now than ever and feel happier and healthier.

9 hours ago, Delirious said:

animals are all the same. we should be able to eat any animal unless youre a hypocrite

what's the difference between eating a dog or a chicken/pig?

No, animals are not all the same. Now tell me how a chicken would do police jobs, or protect you from a thief, help you with sheep grazing and most importantly they will never be man’s best friend or the most popular pet in this world. So, sis don’t compare a dog to chicken or even a cat. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.