North Carolina becomes the 40th State to expand Medicaid

Bears01

We love to see it :clap3:

Why Medicaid isn't a program where every doctor is covered is beyond me. Glad to see a state expanding and improving it's access.

9 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

the fact that not every state has expanded Medicaid is a travesty

It’s honestly bound to happen eventually, but I do agree 

33 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Why Medicaid isn't a program where every doctor is covered is beyond me. 

Medicaid doesn't set what doctors are included. Doctors and providers elect to participate or not - with those who choose not to participate doing so because they are instead putting profit before delivering care.

And I mean this with no snark, but it is also genuinely why Medicare For All is the only real solution. :cm:

Edited by Communion

Typical.

Funny how how all these red estates are expanding it and their republican base LOVE it, but complain about it at every second of the day 💀 Republicans using the system but complaing every three seconds about it. Truly the party of hypocritical gutter garbage.

Happy for the NC Dems who'll be able to get this now

16 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

the fact that not every state has expanded Medicaid is a travesty

It's insane. Like, the federal gov't at the beginning was like, "we will literally reimburse you for every dollar you spend" and several red states were still like, "no, we don't want it" just to spite Obama.

My red state had a blue governor at the time and was one of the first states to adopt the expansion, then when the next governor, a republican, tried to roll everything back, there was so much backlash they he backed off. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.