• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Bears01

• AMIT

• wastedpotential

It is sad people genuinely defend China and Russia 💀 Those are not people to be given the time of day

You don't need to side with China or Russia to point out that the USA is a hellhole in itself. The sooner it collapses (along with capitalism), the better. :bird:

2 hours ago, Cain said:

They’re sick of racism :clap3:

Good luck booking that end of racism you speak of in China and Russia :rip:

1 hour ago, onapearl said:

I mean, the US is evil, but so are China and Russia. 

The US is NOT evil. You don’t know what true evil is until you’ve spoken to people who have escaped dictatorships and atrocities. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

17 minutes ago, AMIT said:

You don't need to side with China or Russia to point out that the USA is a hellhole in itself. The sooner it collapses (along with capitalism), the better. :bird:

Yes, because communism has always treated minorities so wonderfully. :clown: Enjoy your breadlines. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

Title is dishonest explicitly because the already propaganda-filled article even concedes the summit emphasized China having no interest wading into Russia's misguided and horrific invasion of Ukraine. It simply just says China won't be deterred by Western pressure to stop their continued economic prosperity. 

And good for them. The world didn't ostracize the US economy during the illegal invasions of the Afghanistan and Iraq - let alone then make odd suggestions that countries like *spins wheel* Mexico should be economically ostracized for continuing trade with a country violating war crimes like the US wa (and continues to do but that's not here nor there).

There's little reason or argument one can put forward that China should stop building a thriving global economic ecosystem that isn't centered around America besides the idea that America is somehow inherently the rightful ruler of the world. That's obscene, and I say that as an American! If capitalism is so good, then the global market should have the natural competition that these alleged markets enable and fuel. 

"China is a global threat" is a dishonest statement that is only said by people who mean "China has a chance of being the leading economic force in the world". It'd be a much more serious conversation if people were honest and said their concern is that the more Chinese people thrive that, if you believe wealth to be physically scarce, that Westerners will get less and less of the pie or treasure chest. Make that argument. Compel us to believe the argument that its the natural order for wealth to inherently accumulate to the West and that keeping Chinese people poor is good for the world. 

Edited by Communion

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Hypothetically, if you wanted to run for office and campaign on lowering the costs of education and healthcare, you could. 

:ahh:

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

Title is dishonest explicitly because the already propaganda-filled article even concedes the summit emphasized China having no interest wading into Russia's misguided and horrific invasion of Ukraine. It simply just says China won't be deterred by Western pressure to stop their continued economic prosperity. 

And good for them. The world didn't ostracize the US economy during the illegal invasions of the Afghanistan and Iraq - let alone then make odd suggestions that countries like *spins wheel* Mexico should be economically ostracized for continuing trade with a country violating war crimes like the US wa (and continues to do but that's not here nor there).

There's little reason or argument one can put forward that China should stop building a thriving global economic ecosystem that isn't centered around America besides the idea that America is somehow inherently the rightful ruler of the world. That's obscene, and I say that as an American! If capitalism is so good, then the global market should have the natural competition that these alleged markets enable and fuel. 

"China is a global threat" is a dishonest statement that is only said by people who mean "China has a chance of being the leading economic force in the world". It'd be a much more serious conversation if people were honest and said their concern is that the more Chinese people thrive that, if you believe wealth to be physically scarce, that Westerners will get less and less of the pie or treasure chest. Make that argument. Compel us to believe the argument that it’s the natural order for wealth to inherently accumulate to the West and that keeping Chinese people poor is good for the world. 

No shade because I genuinely appreciate a lot of your takes and arguments on this forum but this sort of reads as you downplaying just how incredibly awful China and Russia truly are?

The China/Russia model is NOT something we want the West to become… no sensible leftist wants that.

37 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

is NOT something we want the West to become

So you believe large economic influence is a precursor to global cultural influence? Are there any examples of such?

I think China's culture is right for Chinese people and if they're happy with it, we should largely be too. Most Americans wouldn't want to undergo regime change or sanctions or have their economy destroyed no.matter what criticisms of their government have. 

How does it make sense to suggest we don't like how Chinese peopoe want to live and thus we must stop their country from thriving? How does blocking hungry from fallen and wages from rising helping cultural disagreements we have? Is China being exploitative in any way? And in ant way America has a leg to stand on and criticize?

China growing doesn't threaten my American way of life. I'm genuinely interested to know why you believe it threatens yours. 

Edited by Communion

Russia, the CCP is more interested in destroying you than the US. They're already significantly encroached into your domain in the last 10 years without a single bullet fired. Good luck to that  joint venture you speak of in 8 years (max). 

:fan2:

Edited by harwee

3 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

But is it though? In Russia and China you dont have to pay for health services and universities are free. What can I do with being gay openly if I have to spend a fortune on these things? :rip:

China literally throws people in concentration camps, but go off king!! 

3 hours ago, onapearl said:

I mean, the US is evil, but so are China and Russia. 

China and Russia are worse

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

So you believe large economic influence is a precursor to global cultural influence? Are there any examples of such?

I think China's culture is right for Chinese people and if they're happy with it, we should largely be too. Most Americans wouldn't want to undergo regime change or sanctions or have their economy destroyed no.matter what criticisms of their government have. 

How does it make sense to suggest we don't like how Chinese peopoe want to live and thus we must stop their country from thriving? How does blocking hungry from fallen and wages from rising helping cultural disagreements we have? Is China being exploitative in any way? And in ant way America has a leg to stand on and criticize?

China growing doesn't threaten my American way of life. I'm genuinely interested to know why you believe it threatens yours. 

You’re delusional I 

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

We STAN Concentration camps and slavery and genocide in this sub :clap3::clap3:some of y’all really need to do even the most bare minimum of research 

3 hours ago, Love Again said:

People acting as if this is a good thing :deadbanana2: with all its bigotry the US is still a far better place to live in than China or Russia

Literally this. While the US is far from perfect, I would MUCH rather live in a world full of democracies over authoritarian leaders.

More than 60% of China economy depends on US and West so go figure out. Xi is just using dumb putin as a donor for cheap gas, oil and other russian sacred resources that evil US wanna desperately seize by their average russians logic :gaycat2: Plus Xi is literally denied all putin's demands and most important help with weapons that russian army desperately in need for future offensives :coffee2:

10 minutes ago, Habibro said:

You’re delusional I 

If your country has like a beef with China over fishing or farming - all valid concerns - that's a much better argument to make than catasphorizing about the need for a clash of global giants and a war over our very way of living. 

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

If your country has like a beef with China over fishing or farming - all valid concerns - that's a much better argument to make than catasphorizing about the need for a clash of global giants and a war over our very way of living. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_genocide

Here’s a legit reason many people have issues with China, something that you regularly ignore when it’s addressed 

Just now, Bears01 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq

Here’s a legit reason many people have issues with America, something that liberals regularly ignore when it’s addressed 

:celestial5: Yes, agreed. That no one ostracized the US economy over the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq makes the suggestion that any criticisms that one can have over China, that pale in comparison to the US, somehow justifies the US trying to sabotage its closest economic competitor fairly ridiculous. Great point. 

1 minute ago, Communion said:

:celestial5: Yes, agreed. That no one ostracized the US economy over the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq makes the suggestion that any criticisms that one can have over China, that pale in comparison to the US, somehow justifies the US trying to sabotage its closest economic competitor fairly ridiculous. Great point. 

Nice try editing my comment, but this is related to China and their wicked genocide against minorities :cm: someone who claims to care about helping people would be disgusted by this, no? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.