Victoria Alonso has left Marvel Studios

DONTYELLATME

7 minutes ago, Daddy said:

They're getting rid of the gay Latina. I can't! :rip: 

Her identity doesn't absolve her behaviour. :rip:

Instead of giving us a good movie, all they talk about is "this is the first <insert minority> superhero ever!" which is not a bad thing per se but if the script and the VFX are trash, then who cares about those milestones if they're running the brand to the ground quality wise?

I honestly lost all hope for the MCU as a whole. Last movie I watched on theaters was Doctor Strange 2 and it told me everything I needed to know about the current state of the MCU.

On 3/21/2023 at 4:05 PM, Bojana said:

ffb27290b98aa702bed76b8b8b3c017781068f4e 

i do not believe that she is Singularly Responsible for that work culture. like come on. feige didn’t know? iger didn’t know? how does one marvel exec explain the decline in quality of the rest of disney or the abuse of vfx artists that is endemic in the entertainment industry? this has scapegoat written all over it and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there.

this also screams 'nooo don't unionize we got rid of the mean lady' 

Spot on. Was she part of the issue? Absolutely? Did she single-handled make the environment toxic? Absolutely not.

It seems they're using Ant-man underperformance as the perfect go-to reason to do a lot of changes, hopefully, for the best but out of everything they've put out recently, I'm having my concerns regarding the Multiverse saga.

On 3/20/2023 at 1:04 PM, Buffy said:

She wanted to rename “X-Men” to “X-people” to be all-inclusive :ahh:  wonder what other bright ideas she had. Spider-They, Super-They, Bat-They, Wonder-They?

On 3/20/2023 at 2:25 PM, Haburo said:

Good riddance! X-employee!

:rip:

10 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Her wanting “X-people” was enough for her to get fired. She won’t be missed!

On 3/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, Buffy said:

She wanted to rename “X-Men” to “X-people” to be all-inclusive :ahh:  wonder what other bright ideas she had. Spider-They, Super-They, Bat-They, Wonder-They?

:bibliahh:

She deserved to be fired just for that lmao. 

Victoria Alonso Clashed With Marvel Over Blurring Gay Pride References in ‘Ant-Man 3’ for Kuwait (Source)

Mmm, interesting :celestial5:

6 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Victoria Alonso Clashed With Marvel Over Blurring Gay Pride References in ‘Ant-Man 3’ for Kuwait (Source)

Mmm, interesting :celestial5:

Why is it interesting? 

20 minutes ago, Katy V.! said:

Why is it interesting? 

Because the more stuff it comes out, the more it looks like they were waiting for her stumble to get her out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.