Victoria Alonso has left Marvel Studios

DONTYELLATME

She’s horrible to VFX artists and her name came up as the person the VFX artists disliked. Disney has been catching a lot of heat lately in regards to their treatment to VFX workers as well as the overall quality of VFX in general. So this might actually be a good thing.

This is a good thing considering how PP and VFX has been handled as of late. Iger is looking to keep his promise 

Ooop Marvel is starting to crumble. I don’t believe it was her fault though, whose bright idea was to release tv shows and movies so close together?!  The female Latina is the easier target I see.

Bob Iger did say he was cutting people in the big leagues this quarter. And since she is head of all VFX work, and that’s one of the most vocal criticism, it’s safe to assume why. But this ain’t solely about Antman💀 it’s literally the biggest movie of the year still. This resignation was plan by the higher ups for more corporate reasons. Not because one movie had bad box office legs. Y’all are reaching. Also Animation at marvel has been having major delays and less budget pushed to them for years. Like where is the marketing or news for What if S2? Or X-Men, we should have a trailer considering this month is the 60th anniversary of the iconic team. Marvel is clearly in a stage of development and are going to a more quality over quantity approach. This is just apart of thier plan to rectify what isn’t working and put more effort, time and Budget into upcoming projects 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

11 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

But this ain’t solely about Antman💀 it’s literally the biggest movie of the year still.

It is March...

It is also not the highest grossing film of the year. That would be Full River Red at #1 which grossed 671m and The Wandering Earth 2 at #2 which grossed 600m.

Edited by mystery

I'm glad they're overhauling. It sounds like they're actually taking a step back and ensuring the future of the MCU is a bright one.

She wanted to rename “X-Men” to “X-people” to be all-inclusive :ahh:  wonder what other bright ideas she had. Spider-They, Super-They, Bat-They, Wonder-They?

Edited by Buffy

7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

She wanted to rename “X-Men” to “X-people” 

Oop forgot about this! As much as I hate to see a strong Latina go, yeah that was a huge red flag for me!

57 minutes ago, Buffy said:

She wanted to rename “X-Men” to “X-people” to be all-inclusive :ahh:  wonder what other bright ideas she had. Spider-They, Super-They, Bat-They, Wonder-They?

X-people :ahh:

Happy If You Say So GIF

Deserved for the X-people alone

Now get rid of the terrible writers who don’t even read or watch the source material :wanda:

Let's be real here. She is taking the blame but the person who is hiring the writers is the problem. And they are not going to fire Kevin

5 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Bob Iger did say he was cutting people in the big leagues this quarter. And since she is head of all VFX work, and that’s one of the most vocal criticism, it’s safe to assume why. But this ain’t solely about Antman💀 it’s literally the biggest movie of the year still. This resignation was plan by the higher ups for more corporate reasons. Not because one movie had bad box office legs. Y’all are reaching. Also Animation at marvel has been having major delays and less budget pushed to them for years. Like where is the marketing or news for What if S2? Or X-Men, we should have a trailer considering this month is the 60th anniversary of the iconic team. Marvel is clearly in a stage of development and are going to a more quality over quantity approach. This is just apart of thier plan to rectify what isn’t working and put more effort, time and Budget into upcoming projects 

5 hours ago, Haburo said:

X-employee!

:deadbanana4:

18 hours ago, Buffy said:

Good riddance tbh and for her treatment of vfx workers!

Maybe it's for the best.

ffb27290b98aa702bed76b8b8b3c017781068f4e 

i do not believe that she is Singularly Responsible for that work culture. like come on. feige didn’t know? iger didn’t know? how does one marvel exec explain the decline in quality of the rest of disney or the abuse of vfx artists that is endemic in the entertainment industry? this has scapegoat written all over it and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there.

this also screams 'nooo don't unionize we got rid of the mean lady' 

4 minutes ago, Bojana said:

i do not believe that she is Singularly Responsible for that work culture. like come on. feige didn’t know? iger didn’t know? how does one marvel exec explain the decline in quality of the rest of disney or the abuse of vfx artists that is endemic in the entertainment industry? this has scapegoat written all over it and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there.

Literally what I thought when the news broke out. It's giving damage control :ryan2:

1 hour ago, Bojana said:

They're getting rid of the gay Latina. I can't! :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.