Stream “Short n’ Sweet” for Student Loan Relief, Clear Skin and Poppers Culture ×

Lucas Hedges and Mike Faist to star in 'Brokeback Mountain' on the West End

Lovett

The world premiere of Brokeback Mountain, a new play with music, written by Ashley Robinson with songs by Dan Gillespie Sells and based on Annie Proulx's short story, opens Soho Place on 10 May.

Directed by Jonathan Butterell, Brokeback Mountain stars Mike Faist as Jack and Lucas Hedges as Ennis, both making their West End stage debuts. The production sees Jonathan Butterell and Dan Gillespie Sells (The Feeling), creators of the hit musical and film Everybody's Talking About Jamie, reuniting with Producer Nica Burns.

Running for a limited season until 12 August 2023.

Edited by MrLovett

1 minute ago, PrettyHurts said:

is lucas gay?

No. This is what he said in 2018 - "I recognize myself as existing on [a] spectrum: Not totally straight, but also not gay and not necessarily bisexual".

RockStarShit101
Just now, MrLovett said:

No. This is what he said in 2018 - "I recognize myself as existing on [a] spectrum: Not totally straight, but also not gay and not necessarily bisexual".

he will let you suck it but he won’t kiss you, is what I got from this quote.

does stage adaptation mean theatre? so like they're gonna [redacted] in theatre? 

2 minutes ago, RockStarShit69 said:

Screaming

2 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

does stage adaptation mean theatre? so like they're gonna [redacted] in theatre? 

:dies: 

5 minutes ago, RockStarShit69 said:

I cackled

A gay for play production

But we need Lucas back on the big screen :biblio: 

Anyway, non-straight non-gay non-bi king will EAT 

19 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

so he’s into men but skirting around admitting it so as to not lose roles :jonny5:

i know a lot of girls on here won't find them attractive but they're both so hot to me :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Yikes. Is it that hard to hire gay actors for those roles instead of those supposedly "not straight" guys? Gay actors are not missing in the theatre world after all.

Lucas has that goofy face (I mean this as a compliment) common with British people that I keep forgetting he's actually American.

Edited by Khal

MadonnasBoyfriend
26 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

is lucas gay?

44437105-9704711-Best_friends_Boy_Erased

He does the perfect gay cat tho :gaygacat2:

This is NOT going to translate well at all - I'm really cynical. And no, not just the ****ing (BOTH gay and straight). The camera work and the setting was a massive part of the film and the opera version got mixed reviews - at least there the focus was on the singing and the music compositions were decent there and praised. I wish so much of this energy and funding went into new works. That being said, at least the UK is doing something - the off-Broadway situation in the States is so dire right now in terms of any new projects for the politics and funding, it's depressing. This also wouldn't do well outside of Europe for any more than a limited engagement, if that. 

51 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Someone went to the Harry Styles Institute for Queerbaiting

Brokeback Mountain is about two bisexual men, so it's not a role for gay actors to take :sorry:

5 minutes ago, HausOfPunk said:

Someone went to the Harry Styles Institute for Queerbaiting

Except Lucas said point blank he is not straight, when did Harold state anything of the sort :gaydonnacat1:

1 hour ago, josesuxx said:

But we need Lucas back on the big screen :biblio: 

Anyway, non-straight non-gay non-bi king will EAT 

PERIOD!

Mike Faist looks almost exactly like me but skinnier and probably less jewish lol

Neither of them is even remotely as attractive as Heath and Jake.

586f6f827002e3e9ce6c2f3b6f99ba84.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.