Macron survives no-confidence by only 9 votes - mass protests continue across France

Communion

Edited by Communion

**** around, find out :giraffe:

Just now, Sombre said:

What would happen to him if there was a vote of no confidence? 

sentenced to death

1 minute ago, Sombre said:

What would happen to him if there was a vote of no confidence? 

His government dissolved and a snap election is scheduled. 

in France does it really count as a protest if people don't set a few cars on fire and trash the streets?

electric guillotine (for him)

Edited by Pendulum

french folks love rioting and destroying cities for the most irrelevant issues so whatever happens, it won't mean that he wasn't a great leader 

5 minutes ago, liver said:

french folks love rioting and destroying cities for the most irrelevant issues so whatever happens, it won't mean that he wasn't a great leader 

Stripping away workers rights isn’t “irrelevant”. Matter of fact, the US can take notes instead of it’s citizens regularly rolling over and taking it while the government regularly screws them over 

How did he and his government not anticipate the backlash? Or did they really just take a gamble knowing it would likely go very wrong? :huh: 

Nothing will happen, trust me I'm french

If Gilet Jaune did not end him nothing will 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

Stripping away workers rights isn’t “irrelevant”. Matter of fact, the US can take notes instead of it’s citizens regularly rolling over and taking it while the government regularly screws them over 

the exaggeration :rip: there's a very concerning demographic crisis happening in Europe which would mean that in 20 years there might not be enough workforce because most of the population (which has a higher life span than ever nowadays btw) will be retired by then  

the truth is that sometimes such drastic measures are necessary to ensure the stability of France's economy in the long run, even if they aren't ideal

1920px-EU_27_(from_2020)_population_pyra 

Alizee's France has had ENOUGH of the neoliberals 

10 minutes ago, liver said:

the exaggeration :rip: there's a very concerning demographic crisis happening in Europe which would mean that in 20 years there might not be enough workforce because most of the population (which has a higher life span than ever nowadays btw) will be retired by then  

the truth is that sometimes such drastic measures are necessary to ensure the stability of France's economy in the long run, even if they aren't ideal

1920px-EU_27_(from_2020)_population_pyra 

This. Not to mention that after the new measures french people still have it better than most other european countries

On 3/19/2023 at 4:55 PM, Mark Rih said:

This. Not to mention that after the new measures french people still have it better than most other european countries

so because it could be worse (even if this would be BAD) than others mean people should be instead celebrating this change or what?

the capitalists really got some of y'all in a chokehold :skull: please snap out of it as soon as possible because y'all are dragging everyone down with you

On 3/19/2023 at 8:23 PM, liver said:

Shut up :rip: I don’t know go support Elon musk or whatever 

Did Macron include this pension reform as a part of election manifesto last year and weren't voters warned about it? In any case, I recall that Macron would have beaten everyone in the 2nd round of voting anyway based on polling as he had a relatively high approval rating last year, by French standards.

It is strange that the anti-Macron and anti-LePen crowd did not rally around another credible candidate. Is it because they loathe 3rd-place Melechon too?

I remembered from an article last year there was no one credible left in the traditional left and right wing parties after En Marche successfully poached candidates left, right and center (literally). If you guys have any other good/decent articles to support or counter my understanding, do share.

2 hours ago, AMIT said:

so because it could be worse (even if this would be BAD) than others mean people should be instead celebrating this change or what?

the capitalists really got some of y'all in a chokehold :skull: please snap out of it as soon as possible because y'all are dragging everyone down with you

I never said that people should celebrate this :skull: I’m just saying that there are already countries that have it worse and if it’s a change that needs to be done, it should be done. And better earlier than later when the needed measures could get even worse 

2 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

I never said that people should celebrate this :skull: I’m just saying that there are already countries that have it worse and if it’s a change that needs to be done, it should be done. And better earlier than later when the needed measures could get even worse 

Yes, because increasing the retirement age is one of the most pressing issues of today. :rip: Do you think they are peddling this change for the benefit of society as a whole/the working class? :deadbanana4:

"the economy!!!11!!" meanwhile the rich continue to get richer, while the poor suffer from the economic crisis, weakening labour rights and all other damning effects caused by late stage capitalism.

These people aren't your friends and they don't care about you. They care about stuffing the pockets of billionaires because that's where they will get their campaign money. Again, I urge y'all to educate yourselves and stop buying into right-wing propaganda. 

You ******* live too long you have work longer sorry 

7 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Shut up :rip: I don’t know go support Elon musk or whatever 

I understand that k-pop has rotten your brain but please don't quote me if you don't have anything to add to the convo

Parisians remain some of the laziest and most entitled fucks in Europe

On 3/19/2023 at 8:23 PM, liver said:

He isn’t a great leader :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.