Sam Smith to perform in Isreal

SmittenCake

2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Isn't Israel just as homophobic as most of the middle east countries or it's the exception? Cuz if it's why would you risk yourself going there :skull:

because is being held at Tel Aviv, which is an basically the gay capitol and essentially in pride month, im sure Sam will be safe but frankly i would love if Sam cancelled but they don’t think they can 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Yog

• SmittenCake

• Richmond

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Yog said:

because is being held at Tel Aviv, which is an basically the gay capitol and essentially in pride month, im sure Sam will be safe but frankly i would love if Sam cancelled but they don’t think they can 

Oh I see well in that, hopefully everything will turn out right for them but yeah they best thing would be cancel.

Performing in an apartheid state?

:rip:

So? More power to his bank account :clap3:

Or is he supposed to fake an outrage over a state or majority of people who want him stoned to death? :)

1 hour ago, Yog said:

Both of you are not israeli/palestinian, and obliviously using this thread to come for Sam , when I’m willing to bet y’all couldn’t care less of the actual conflict :spin:

I dont need to be either to care about the conflict. Embarrassing for you that you are still defending that garbage human being though 

Edit: nevermind. Just got it after reading other posts here. 

Edited by Selegend

18 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I dont need to be either to care about the conflict. Embarrassing for you that you are still defending that garbage human being though 

I’m not defending anything, I just think if the conflict has no relation of your entire being then you have no say :coffee2:

Good for Sam, Israel is the only pro-LGBT society in the Middle East :clap3:

34 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

right? the fact that some people will stan their idols whatever they do is so sad

This is bad… theyre doing an active occupation and genocide of children even, and the people there are actively stealing natives land and supporting a terrible regime. they also use LGBT support to weaponize support for what they are doing. 

Sam Smith should learn from this criticism and cancel their performance. They are better than this. 

18 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Good for Sam, Israel is the only pro-LGBT society in the Middle East :clap3:

Yes kill children but as long as youre so called pro LGBT its fine right… the propaganda really getting to yall

22 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

right? the fact that some people will stan their idols whatever they do is so sad

I literally just said they need to cancel :rip:

7 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Yes kill children but as long as youre so called pro LGBT its fine right… the propaganda really getting to yall

You do make a point. The US government has murdered countless children and innocent humans across the Middle East for decades, and is currently doing so as we speak with drone strikes. There should be a campaign to shame and cancel any artist who chooses to tour in the United States, until every major artist signs a commitment to never perform on US soil until their government stops killing innocent people.

I dont get why people get riled up about artists performing in the middle east. They deserve to be happy too. 
The stans from there rarely have concerts

The Gay community there shouldnt suffer for their goverment wrongdoings.
The States and Europe dont have the best human rights records, So artists shouldnt perform there too? :gaycat3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Was Russia going to hold a pride celebration? I don't think so. Let Sam get the money this time, they need it :swan:

Also, isn't Sam British? The UK are the ones who basically created Israel as it is today so it doesn't surprise me to see a British person supporting Israel despite of what that country has done in the last years :giraffe:

1 minute ago, BrokenMachine said:

Was Russia going to hold a pride celebration? I don't think so. Let Sam get the money this time, they need it :swan:

Also, isn't Sam British? The UK are the ones who basically created Israel as it is today so it doesn't surprise me to see a British person supporting Israel despite of what that country has done in the last years :giraffe:

The only international artists performing are British, so there you go :giraffe:

As if i needed more reasons to dislike Sam Smith :rip:

1 hour ago, Selegend said:

Sam is performing at a PRIDE event in a conservative country. Isnt this nice tbh? Its a PRIDE event there, this is will have bigger impact than boycott. No? 

Look up the term "pinkwashing"

Just now, izebize said:

Yeah!! I’ve just read other posts here, googled it and got it. Now i get what Israel is doing. 

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

there was tons of outrage for Gaga what are you talking about :rip: its just that people weren’t educated about what’s actually been happening in Palestine until May of 2021 when the uprising began. 

She even visited one month after Israel’s biggest genocide on Gaza had happened and had the AUDACITY to tweet from her hotel that “the media lies about Israel” to earn last minute ticket sales cause her show was massively flopping there. 

white gays and their supporters only care about themselves and what ultimately serves them. There’s no surprise here. 

The way you are literally barefaced lying :deadbanana2: Nothing new from you, but definitely a whole new low to use genocide to lie about a pop girl you dislike.

Is this organized by the Israeli estate or by a private contractor? That makes a difference for me. If you're performing for the government of the terrible country, then yeah, you're disgusting. If you're performing for the fans then I don't really see the issue with performing anywhere. Israel, Russia, China, Turkey, etc. It gets trickier when it's principalities like Dubai where the government basically controls everything, but I don't think that's the case for Israel, correct me if I'm wrong?

41 minutes ago, izebize said:

39 minutes ago, Selegend said:

Yeah!! I’ve just read other posts here, googled it and got it. Now i get what Israel is doing. 

This is insulting to the thousands of LGBTQ activists in Israel who have fought – and continue to fight – for full equality for queer people. 

That is not to say that the Israeli government is not carrying out abhorrent actions, but minimizing the livelihood of queer Israelis and those who seek asylum in Israel because they are being persecuted elsewhere for their sexual orientation does not help anyone. Things can be more nuanced than just "queer people have rights in Israel only because of the evil conspiracy to 'pinkish' the state"

Edited by N.M.K.

3 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Isn't Israel just as homophobic as most of the middle east countries or it's the exception? Cuz if it's why would you risk yourself going there :skull:

:skull:

2 hours ago, Yog said:

I’m not defending anything, I just think if the conflict has no relation of your entire being then you have no say :coffee2:

So only because we don’t live there we cannot spread awareness of the atrocities being committed and how there’s people (usually white queers) that still don’t care? Do you realize the extent of your stupidity just to defend certified garbage human being Sam Smith? :biblio:

you’re literally proving the point :deadbanana4: imagine saying what you said with your whole chest :deadbanana4:to defend Sam smith of all things :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.