Sam Smith to perform in Isreal

SmittenCake

1 minute ago, SmittenCake said:

1.) You should stop correcting me since this is about the 5th time in a different thread where you've tried to correct my spelling...while in the same thread having multiple spelling errors in your own post. I made a thread about Kim Yo-jong condemning US military in the title and you literally thought I spelled out Kim Jong-un. Your attempts at trying to humiliate me in any capacity is went from laughable to downright creepy. Also, you are not from the UK/NZ/AUS/CAN so you have no reason to be using the British English. This is just a cop-out since I clocked you (and I know you're from the states coz you bragged about getting tickets in Chicago or whatever to see Iggy Azalea, Saweetie and Cupcakke tour in your city or whatver)

2.) Western meddling and ruthless invasions has resulted in the Middle East taking more conservative "traditional" approach when it comes to their politics and social ways of life. 

they might choke if they read about pre-colonial Islamic Golden Age

Edited by Jjang

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Yog

• SmittenCake

• Richmond

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SmittenCake said:

1.) You should stop correcting me since this is about the 5th time in a different thread where you've tried to correct my spelling...while in the same thread having multiple spelling errors in your own post. I made a thread about Kim Yo-jong condemning US military in the title and you literally thought I spelled out Kim Jong-un. Your attempts at trying to humiliate me in any capacity is went from laughable to downright creepy. Also, you are not from the UK/NZ/AUS/CAN so you have no reason to be using the British English. This is just a cop-out since I clocked you (and I know you're from the states coz you bragged about getting tickets in Chicago or whatever to see Iggy Azalea, Saweetie and Cupcakke tour in your city or whatver)

2.) Western meddling and ruthless invasions has resulted in the Middle East taking more conservative "traditional" approach when it comes to their politics and social ways of life. 

What are you talking about? :bibliahh::bibliahh: PLEASE

8 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

The murder of an international journalist or a 12 year old child is too complex an issue for anyone to understand though. They were living/existing in a homophobic state so it was completely justifiable. 

Right, it’s just so complicated :jonnycat:

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

A bit hypocritical

Jjang

5 minutes ago, Rosenda said:

This whole post :ahh:

1. Neighbouring is correct. Thats standard British English

2. No they never were. Islam is the antithesis of progress. The West has NOTHING to do with that.

You should stop talking out your ass cause it makes you look dumb af, i cringe so hard whenever i come across one of your posts... my godddd

1.) Why is someone, who is from America, using British English? This Richmond person has came for my spelling in countless threads and always has some excuse when I clock him back for HIS misspellings. I guess pretending to be Bri Ish is the go-to move instead of just taking the L :rip:  

2.) You clearly know nothing about Islam. As matter of fact, I don't care about what ATRL-ers have to say about Islam considering you guys just spew what Alt.Righters have got to say. 

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Just say that you're a Zionist who gives no f*cks about human rights and Palestinian queer people and move on, instead of all the "you're all western gays who get educated from infographics!!!" mental gymnastics.

Lmao easy there. The dog whistle here is wild....

Anyway, I'm a proud Zionist. I believe that Jews have the right to their own homeland and state. And to insinuate that is some dirty word is telling in itself. If not for Zionism, I – and millions of Jews – would not be alive today. My family was either kiled or excommunicated from the surrounding Arab states, and it was only Israel that provided their sanctuary. 

One can criticize – rightfully – the right-wing, backwards government of Israel today, but these "Zionist!" charges go beyond that and reek of something else :katie:   And to make this blanket charge that believing in Israel's right to exist you do not care about "Palestinian queer people" is wild. It should not be lost that Israel provides asylum for many people in the region, including those in Palestine, who are persecuted for being queer.

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

:deadbanana2: Ah, yes, the 8th to 14th century where women had no rights, gays would be publicly executed, and society had to devote their entire lives to a god or otherwise be disdained (or worse).

Oh wait, that’s still true today! 

8 minutes ago, Intuition said:

I mean I'm not even talking about I/P conflict, I'm genuinely curious.

Because if they mean the Ottoman Empire (which I've seen called progressive) then :rip:

I would say that user was referring to American involvement with Iran democracy which ultimately led to the Islamic Revolution. Iran wasn’t a modern liberal paradise where gays held pride events but American meddling did precipitate the theocratic dictatorship that is in place today.

It’s pointless to speculate on the “what ifs” of the modern Middle East without Western interventions. Maybe they would be Amsterdams or maybe they would still be hostile places for gays.

The fact is there are currently thousands/millions of real queer people under persecution in these governments. They deserve solidarity; not “well their governments are homophobic so they deserve to be bombed to oblivion :heart:“. 

7 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

:ahh:

People will blame ANYTHING on the West my god. The vile “traditional” approaches in the Qaran were written and adopted far before any “Western meddling”.

4 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

1.) Why is someone, who is from America, using British English? This Richmond person has came for my spelling in countless threads and always has some excuse when I clock him back for HIS misspellings. I guess pretending to be Bri Ish is the go-to move instead of just taking the L :rip:  

2.) You clearly know nothing about Islam. As matter of fact, I don't care about what ATRL-ers have to say about Islam considering you guys just spew what Alt.Righters have got to say. 

I’m Canadian, you imbecile. :rip: just take the L as you do with arguably each of your posts on ATRL and GO. 

And please, for the love of god, don’t you have the audacity to tell others here they know nothing about XYZ when in reality this thread has proven it’s actually YOU. :deadbanana2:

spacer.png

Edited by Richmond

6 minutes ago, Richmond said:

:deadbanana2: Ah, yes, the 8th to 14th century where women had no rights, gays would be publicly executed, and society had to devote their entire lives to a god or otherwise be disdained (or worse).

Oh wait, that’s still true today! 

Learn history. 

8 minutes ago, Intuition said:

A bit hypocritical

Jjang

What’s your point here? you do realize Palestinians (the ones that are being ethnically cleansed and actively colonized today) descend directly from ancient canaanites that lived on that land for over 4,000 years, right? :gaycat2:

“Islam is when Arab” 

“Arab is when Saudi Arabia colonizers” 

Edited by Jjang

Just now, Jjang said:

Learn history. 

Accept facts.  

8 minutes ago, N.M.K. said:

Lmao easy there. The dog whistle here is wild....

Anyway, I'm a proud Zionist. I believe that Jews have the right to their own homeland and state. And to insinuate that is some dirty word is telling in itself. If not for Zionism, I – and millions of Jews – would not be alive today. My family was either kiled or excommunicated from the surrounding Arab states, and it was only Israel that provided their sanctuary. 

One can criticize – rightfully – the right-wing, backwards government of Israel today, but these "Zionist!" charges go beyond that and reek of something else :katie:   And to make this blanket charge that believing in Israel's right to exist you do not care about "Palestinian queer people" is wild. It should not be lost that Israel provides asylum for many people in the region, including those in Palestine, who are persecuted for being queer.

Your own national heroes called Zionism a colonial project that seeks to replace a whole population with a different one. Hertzl, Jabotisnky, Max, Ben Gurion etc. 

If Israel’s heroes get to call Zionism for what it is: colonialism. So can we. 

9 minutes ago, Richmond said:

What are you talking about? :bibliahh::bibliahh: PLEASE

Oh. So, I guess I've confused you with one of my MANY haters on this forum who don BLANK avatars. You guys have so much in common: aggressive posting styles and a thrill for chaos. Doesn't change the fact that I've clocked you for spelling errors. Throwback to when you didn't read my thread title and tried to make fun of me which resulted in you deleting your own post:

h7voQFU.png

I have a proposal: stop harassing me

that's it. that's the proposal. 

13 minutes ago, Jjang said:

:jonny3:

garbage human being :biblionny: and some delulus here will still defend them and stan them somehow :hoetenks:

Just now, Jjang said:

Learn history. 

What’s your point here? you do realize Palestinians (the ones that are being ethnically cleansed and actively colonized today) descend directly from ancient canaanites that lived on that land for over 4,000 years, right? :gaycat2:

“Islam is when Arab” 

“Arab is when Saudi Arabia colonizers” 

1. That's not actually true, because Palestinians aren't a single group. I've done a lot of research on genetics but it's pretty irrelevant to the subject at hand. 

2. Didn't mention Saudi Arabia or Arabs, that's on you. The reason I quite literally didn't is because my maternal great-grandparents were Greeks from Anatolia, so yes lived under Islamic rule but not Arabs.   

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Your own national heroes called Zionism a colonial project that seeks to replace a whole population with a different one. Hertzl, Jabotisnky, Max, Ben Gurion etc. 

If Israel’s heroes get to call Zionism for what it is: colonialism. So can we. 

Interesting. So we are going to take views of specific leaders from a place as representative of the entire people. Would love to see how that plays out when applied consistently. 

2 minutes ago, Intuition said:

1. That's not actually true, because Palestinians aren't a single group. I've done a lot of research on genetics but it's pretty irrelevant to the subject at hand. 

2. Didn't mention Saudi Arabia or Arabs, that's on you. The reason I quite literally didn't is because my maternal great-grandparents were Greeks from Anatolia, so yes lived under Islamic rule but not Arabs.   

Except it’s true and even a Tel Aviv University DNA data study backs it up. (alongside a plethora of scholars and historians ofc) :gaycat2:

The vast majority of Palestinians are direct descendants of ancient Canaanite tribes/other Levant tribes. This is only doubted when it comes to the Palestinians because it clashes with Zionist views. They don’t doubt Lebanese (who are extremely genetically close to Palestinians) originating from ancient Phoenicians. :gaycat2: 

So tell me, what is your point (about Palestinians) that im failing to see then? 

12 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Disgusting, but not unexpected coming from Sam Smith :kiss:

8 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

garbage human being :biblionny: and some delulus here will still defend them and stan them somehow :hoetenks:

Both of you are not israeli/palestinian, and obliviously using this thread to come for Sam , when I’m willing to bet y’all couldn’t care less of the actual conflict :spin:

Edited by Yog

3 minutes ago, N.M.K. said:

Interesting. So we are going to take views of specific leaders from a place as representative of the entire people. Would love to see how that plays out when applied consistently. 

These are the founding fathers of Israel not some random politicians. Hertzl is the reason why Zionism as a modern project exists. 

not as bad as beyonce performing in dubai. also didnt their best friend demi perform there too?

Just now, Jjang said:

Except it’s true and even a Tel Aviv University DNA data study backs it up. (alongside a plethora of scholars and historians ofc) :gaycat2:

The vast majority of Palestinians are direct descendants of ancient Canaanite tribes/other Levant tribes. This is only doubted when it comes to the Palestinians because it clashes with Zionist views. They don’t doubt Lebanese (who are extremely genetically close to Palestinians) originating from ancient Phoenicians. :gaycat2: 

So tell me, what is your point (about Palestinians) that im failing to see then? 

Not sure what Tel Aviv University DNA study that you're referring to.

There's large Bedouin, Egyptian, Peninsular, and West African input in Palestinians (esp. Gazans) that's not found in other Levantines such as Lebanese. 

You even mentioned El-Kurd earlier in the thread, who is quite literally of Kurdish descent. 

Samaritans, Druze, and Levantine Christians are going to be the most directly descended from the various different Canaanites (which despite somewhat popular belief aren't a single group). 

Isn't Israel just as homophobic as most of the middle east countries or it's the exception? Cuz if it's why would you risk yourself going there :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.