All of Us Strangers | Gay Drama | Paul Mescal, Andrew Scott | Dec 22 | 96% RT, 90 MC

Gossip_Boy

38 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

We never had such impactful gay drama in 2012 like this one

check Weekend x

we don’t need gay dramas anymore. 

gheys are more than our suffering. xx

Edited by BeachRat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Lovett

• kandicha

• Mr. Loco

cried a lot with this

22 hours ago, BeachRat said:

check Weekend x

we don’t need gay dramas anymore. 

gheys are more than our suffering. xx

Weekend that is ... also by Andrew Haigh? Would you ask Chanel to stop making black dresses? 

4 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

Weekend that is ... also by Andrew Haigh? Would you ask Chanel to stop making black dresses? 

you should check John Water’s and pedro Almodovar’s filmographies 

• Thumbs Down 2

10 hours ago, BeachRat said:

you should check John Water’s and pedro Almodovar’s filmographies 

I watched a few Almodovar's films and as much as I liked them, I enjoyed "All of us strangers" way more

4 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

I watched a few Almodovar's films and as much as I liked them, I enjoyed "All of us strangers" way more

ok go to Greg Araki next. 

i can keep naming subversive and not boring queer directors that don’t just settle on gay dramatic portrayals for the sake of emotional manipulation of the audiences (and especially the straight ones) till the sun sets in here 😊

Edited by BeachRat
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, BeachRat said:

ok go to Greg Araki next. 

i can keep naming subversive and not boring queer directors that don’t just settle on gay dramatic portrayals for the sake of emotional manipulation of the audiences (and especially the straight ones) till the sun sets in here 😊

From Greg I've watched "Mysterious sin" which is really great and "Hazard" was meh

This just ruined my entire week. What the ****. :weeps: 

Beautiful film. 

came to say I saw this film last week in the movie theater ALONE like not a single soul in the theater and it was a transcendental experience. instant classic

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:33 PM, harwee said:

"Why did nobody find me?"

😢😢

Ugh this one got me. 

I knew it was going to be a heavy film and had read the plot and knew the outcome but…

Spoiler

I didn’t realize Harry was just a fragment of his imagination until I watched the ending a second time. I had assumed they met and those things happened between them and Harry died a bit after they did all those things, not the night they briefly met. The title makes so much more sense now. 

And the song at the end. Flawless. 

Edited by Triton
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Triton said:

Ugh this one got me. 

I knew it was going to be a heavy film and had read the plot and knew the outcome but…

Hide contents

I didn’t realize Harry was just a fragment of his imagination until I watched the ending a second time. I had assumed they met and those things happened between them and Harry died a bit after they did all those things, not the night they briefly met. The title makes so much more sense now. 

And the song at the end. Flawless. 

Spoiler

I have a different interpretation: the guy could see dead people in some sixth Sense way and all those things actually hapenned and he connected with Harry after he died.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This one's streaming on D+ now.

Kinda scared to dive in.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the best films I've ever seen. It was absolutely mesmerizing. As someone who is estranged from his parents, those scenes between parents and son are exactly the kind of understanding and acceptance I wish I could have achieved with them.

Edited by DammnBaby
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.