All of Us Strangers | Gay Drama | Paul Mescal, Andrew Scott | Dec 22 | 96% RT, 90 MC

Gossip_Boy

56 minutes ago, Butters said:

I saw this last night. It was so intense - sad and unexpectedly terrifying at times. Amazing cast performance. Really left an impression on me. But I have to say watching it alone made me feel kind of empty inside and really lonely. Probably go see it with a friend, or a SO if u have one :gaycat6:

Yes. It was on my mind for DAYS

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Lovett

• kandicha

• Mr. Loco

I just saw this. It was good but not sure how I felt about the ending :rip: guessed it halfway through and was like "this betrer not be it" and it was nnn

Very moving film. Saw it a few hours ago and can’t stop thinking about it 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A movie I wish I had liked it. Nothing bad, just never got into it, maybe because of Scott.

Really hated the concept of the dead parents after the first scene, but Bell and Foy sold it very well. Disappointed.

It was cute! Going into it knowing it was sad, made me kinda… resistant to its emotional scenes? Like if I didn’t know, it probably would’ve broken me :dies:  But it was very cute! Andrew deserves just as much praise as Paul…

Edited by Poxy
  • Like 1

This leaked online! Watching it tonight :duca:

This film had me SOBBING. Best film I have seen in a while, something about it just clicked with me. 

• Thanks 1

did not expect a

'Sixth Sense' like story :deadbanana:

still a beautiful movie. I think what sold the movie is the phenomenal acting from the cast. i think there's not enough praises for 'claire foy' and 'jaimie bell'

• Like 1

The ending was kinda dumb 

Spoiler

But the very last scene of them being stars made me wonder, are they all dead? Even adam and that's why he is talking to dead people now? 

Just got back from the cinema, and wow - what a beautiful film. 

It left such an impression on both me and my partner. 

I related to some of the dialouge from both of the characters. 

Definitely deserved some Oscar love. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I HATE LIFE I JUST WANT TO CURL UP AND CRY FOR ETERNITY 

I was sobbing by the end so getting outside of the movie theater was sort of embarrassing. The walk back home made me realise how Adam's character would be me in 10 to 15 years. 

14 hours ago, Digitalism said:

The ending was kinda dumb 

Hide contents

But the very last scene of them being stars made me wonder, are they all dead? Even adam and that's why he is talking to dead people now? 

Yes, there's continual references to him being ill through the movie. 

This was... alright. Andrew's direction is just too samey if you've seen all of his stuff. I wish he'd had gone full horror like the source material.

Edited by Life Savers
  • Like 1

A HIT :clap3: 

• Like 2

I’ve been waiting for months to see this, my local theater got it, and it didn’t disappoint. Let me go home and curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep over being gay and lonely and just feeling so seen :stare:

I can’t believe this didn’t get any Oscars love. But I’m sure it’ll become a classic.

• Thanks 2

On 1/28/2024 at 2:09 AM, HonourableVomit said:

Yes, there's continual references to him being ill through the movie. 

Exactly.

Spoiler

The first scene with the fire alarm was indicative of the apartment building burning and Andrew dying from it. That’s why he kept coughing all throughout the film. He died from an inhalation injury from the fire. The fire alarm scene was also the first time that he saw Paul Mezcal’s character, presumably because dead people can talk to other dead people.

I took this film as everyone being in limbo, in both sense of the word. Limbo physically, and limbo emotionally, as these are all people who have not had a closure on their death yet.

• Like 2

I'm actually scared to see this. Several of my friends watched it and were basically despondent for days after. I cry so easily at films, I'm going to be a wreck... in public. :biblio:

1 hour ago, ALittleGauche said:

Exactly.

Reveal hidden contents

The first scene with the fire alarm was indicative of the apartment building burning and Andrew dying from it. That’s why he kept coughing all throughout the film. He died from an inhalation injury from the fire. The fire alarm scene was also the first time that he saw Paul Mezcal’s character, presumably because dead people can talk to other dead people.

I took this film as everyone being in limbo, in both sense of the word. Limbo physically, and limbo emotionally, as these are all people who have not had a closure on their death yet.

i don't think so.

he was able to talk to the waitress. he also asked the bartender at the club for drinks. he bumped into people. the building is a metaphor of loneliness, not to be taken literally. then why wasn’t Harry dead from the fire? instead he clearly died from alcohol and drug overdose the very same night adam rejected him at his door. adam even apologized to harry once he found out that he could've helped him that night instead of leaving him spiraling into hopelessness. again it would make no sense if adam is already dead. to me this is really like if the kid in the Sixth Sense grew up. not if he’s dead.

i like all the theories though. it's interesting.

• Like 6

This movie was WAY too sad. You really have to be in the mood for it to have a big impact on you. 

I was quite confused by the ending so I read some theories about it and:

Spoiler

It seems that the consensus is that Harry died on the initial night Adam chose to ignore him, and he's been a ghost since then. This theory definitely makes sense and it completely broke me thinking that all they went through was just his imagination

But the ending is not really sad: Adam seems to have matured, moving on from the loss of his parents and acknowledging Harry's death, while still extending to him a nurturing love

• Like 3

I cried watching this. The Christmas tree scene :weeps:

• Like 2

I want to see this but I can't with all the sad gay movies. We need some joy. lol

my god, what a sad and amazing movie

i kinda knew about that “twist” 20 mins in the movie (i’ve seen an indie gay movie with the same twist)

Spoiler

but i didn’t realize Paul’s character was real at first and died on the first night they met.

so, can he talk to ghosts or is he just imagining them? 

this movie thankfully didn’t affect me as much after being desensitized from watching sooo many sad gay movies (or sad movies in general) since i was a teenager 

Edited by Sabrina Carpenter

I can't believe this hasn't gotten more awards love. What an incredibly devastating film. I just keep thinking about different parts of the film and getting really sad over and over again. :weeps: All four actors were outstanding.

• Like 1

I really wanted to enjoy this but it took the direction I dreaded it would. Can’t we have a happy ending for once?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.